Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Question about WhyChat's HIPAA Process

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

I have a medical collection on my reports from late 2009 for $122 that I am trying to get removed. I have tried to send the CA some PFD letters 3 times. They didn't respond to the first two, but for the third one, they sent back a DV.

After doing more research, I stumbled across http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html (WhyChat's Hipaa process)

I have already opted out, and disputing old addresses isn't applicable to me, I have been living at the same address for the past 10 years.

The next step says to "DISPUTE ANY CA ACCOUNT FIRST WITH THE SPECIAL "MEDICAL"DISPUTE LETTERAS THERE MAY BE NO VALID BALANCE DUE". Since the CA sent me a DV, should I still do this? If so, at the bottom of the sample letter, it says

"Make sure you HAND ADDRESS the envelope, use personalized stationery and purple or teal font, ( preferably italic this is helps prevent the automated scanning/reading/response computer programs from "reading" your letter as they can not read handwriting or distinguish font in the same color family as a background pattern)."

If I dont have any personalized stationary, can I use a purple template for Microsoft Office with purple font?

Also, it has been less than a year since i used annualcreditreport.com so should I go to each CRA's website and purchase new reports? or is there a better way to get REAL reports for a low cost.

I would really like to get this removed because it is the only negative thing on my records. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Edited by Viper786, 24 February 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have a medical collection on my reports from late 2009 for $122 that I am trying to get removed. I have tried to send the CA some PFD letters 3 times. They didn't respond to the first two, but for the third one, they sent back a DV.

After doing more research, I stumbled across http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html (WhyChat's Hipaa process)

I have already opted out, and disputing old addresses isn't applicable to me, I have been living at the same address for the past 10 years.

The next step says to "DISPUTE ANY CA ACCOUNT FIRST WITH THE SPECIAL "MEDICAL"DISPUTE LETTERAS THERE MAY BE NO VALID BALANCE DUE". Since the CA sent me a DV, should I still do this? Yes If so, at the bottom of the sample letter, it says

"Make sure you HAND ADDRESS the envelope, use personalized stationery and purple or teal font, ( preferably italic this is helps prevent the automated scanning/reading/response computer programs from "reading" your letter as they can not read handwriting or distinguish font in the same color family as a background pattern)."

If I dont have any personalized stationary, can I use a purple template for Microsoft Office with purple font? Any paper printed with a BACKGROUND PATTERN will work if the font is in the same or similar color family as the scanning software can not "read" it.

Also, it has been less than a year since i used annualcreditreport.com so should I go to each CRA's website and purchase new reports? or is there a better way to get REAL reports for a low cost. How do you know it is on your reports?? Are they on your reports that you obtained "less than a year ago"?? If so, use THOSE report #s.

I would really like to get this removed because it is the only negative thing on my records. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

#3 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

The next step says to "DISPUTE ANY CA ACCOUNT FIRST WITH THE SPECIAL "MEDICAL"DISPUTE LETTERAS THERE MAY BE NO VALID BALANCE DUE". Since the CA sent me a DV, should I still do this? Yes If so, at the bottom of the sample letter, it says

If I dont have any personalized stationary, can I use a purple template for Microsoft Office with purple font? Any paper printed with a BACKGROUND PATTERN will work if the font is in the same or similar color family as the scanning software can not "read" it.

Also, it has been less than a year since i used annualcreditreport.com so should I go to each CRA's website and purchase new reports? or is there a better way to get REAL reports for a low cost. How do you know it is on your reports?? Are they on your reports that you obtained "less than a year ago"?? If so, use THOSE report #s.

I checked all three of my reports back in June of 2011 on annualcreditreport.com and all three listed the collection on there. When I try to go to those reports again, it says it has been less than a year and I can't access them.

I also signed up for Experian's credit report service last week where you can update your report every day. I updated mine today, but can't see a report # anywhere. Is that not a "Real" report then?

#4 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

I checked all three of my reports back in June of 2011 on annualcreditreport.com and all three listed the collection on there. When I try to go to those reports again, it says it has been less than a year and I can't access them.

I also signed up for Experian's credit report service last week where you can update your report every day. I updated mine today, but can't see a report # anywhere. Is that not a "Real" report then?

I don't know, use the report #s from your June reports to dispute.

#5 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

I just noticed in my TransUnion report, it says my name, then under that, it says "Other Names: " and then it has my dad's name in there. Doesn't have that on my Experian or Equifax reports. Should I dispute this first before the HIPAA letter?

#6 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

I just noticed in my TransUnion report, it says my name, then under that, it says "Other Names: " and then it has my dad's name in there. Doesn't have that on my Experian or Equifax reports. Should I dispute this first before the HIPAA letter?ABSOLUTELY!! ALSO CHECK FOR ADDED SS#S

#7 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Just got an email from TransUnion that the other name has been removed. How does this look for a letter as far as colors go??

Posted Image

Edited by Viper786, 26 February 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#8 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Just got an email from TransUnion that the other name has been removed. How does this look for a letter as far as colors go??

Posted Image

NO!! You have missed the whole point of the instructions.

A solid, or almost solid background is NOT GOING TO WORK!!.

Here is what you should do. Get a pad of blue lined yellow legal pad paper, HANDWRITE YOUR DISPUTE IN LONGHAND.

Your "sample" can be EASILY scanned and read by any computer program.

If you do not know how to write in longhand, or you penmanship is so bad that it can't be read, then print a WATERMARK DESIGN on your paper and use a "handwriting font" in the same color family as the DESIGN in the watermark.

If uou are going to BUY paper, go to Staples or any stationary store and buy paper that is printed with a background DESIGN, ( like clouds) and use a matching color script font.

Edited by Why Chat, 26 February 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#9 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Here is what you should do. Get a pad of blue lined yellow legal pad paper, HANDWRITE YOUR DISPUTE IN LONGHAND.

If you do not know how to write in longhand, or you penmanship is so bad that it can't be read, then print a WATERMARK DESIGN on your paper and use a "handwriting font" in the same color family as the DESIGN in the watermark.

If uou are going to BUY paper, go to Staples or any stationary store and buy paper that is printed with a background DESIGN, ( like clouds) and use a matching color script font.

My handwriting is horrible, so I would prefer to do it on the computer. How about this sample? Would something like this work? If not, I suppose I can find someone to handwrite it for me:

Posted Image

Edited by Viper786, 26 February 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#10 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

My handwriting is horrible, so I would prefer to do it on the computer. How about this sample? Would something like this work? If not, I suppose I can find someone to handwrite it for me:

Posted Image

!!! OVERKILL!!

If you can tone down the background and darken the script so that someone can actually READ IT, that would work.

#11 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hopefully third time's a charm?? lol

Posted Image

#12 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hopefully third time's a charm?? lol

Posted Image

That will work.

I have linked a sample letter in the HIPAA letter program with instructions as to how to put in a "watermark"
http://www.whychat.5.../hipaadisp.html

#13 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

That will work.

I have linked a sample letter in the HIPAA letter program with instructions as to how to put in a "watermark"
http://www.whychat.5.../hipaadisp.html

Thanks. Now one final question before I print these out and send them out. Where do I get the certified mail number? Do I just go to my local post office and pick up the certified mail forms from there?

#14 kal el

kal el
  • Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

yes just to the post office and you can get them and fill them or even get extras

#15 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for all the help so far. The letters are all typed and printed out, now I just need to take them to the post office. Can someone please tell me where I can find the addresses for TransUnion, Equifax and Experian? Thanks!

#16 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for all the help so far. The letters are all typed and printed out, now I just need to take them to the post office. Can someone please tell me where I can find the addresses for TransUnion, Equifax and Experian? Thanks!

If you are working from REAL credit reports, the addresses will be on them.
If you are working from 3rd party "monitoring service" credit reports without individual report ID#s, then you are not doing the disputes correctly.

#17 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

If you are working from REAL credit reports, the addresses will be on them.
If you are working from 3rd party "monitoring service" credit reports without individual report ID#s, then you are not doing the disputes correctly.

So after going through my real credit reports (pulled from annualcreditreport.com) I found the address for TransUnion and Experian.

Equifax only has an address listed for ordering a credit score by mail or to place a security freeze by mail. Should I use any of those addresses or go by the one that they list on their website for mail disputes (all three addresses are different). This is the address they have on their website: http://bit.ly/xTQAg9

#18 bigbas101

bigbas101
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

A google of "Equifax" dispute address yielded this:

Equifax Information Services, LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta,GA 30374

That is the dispute address.

#19 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

I just tracked my letters, two of them will be delivered on Monday, but for TransUnion it says:

Service(s): Certified Mail

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:00 am on March 03, 2012 in CRUM LYNNE, PA 19022 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visitingwww.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Anyone know if TransUnion will make any attempt to get this letter or will it be sent back to me?

#20 PunkyBrewster

PunkyBrewster
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

I just tracked my letters, two of them will be delivered on Monday, but for TransUnion it says:

Service(s): Certified Mail

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:00 am on March 03, 2012 in CRUM LYNNE, PA 19022 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visitingwww.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Anyone know if TransUnion will make any attempt to get this letter or will it be sent back to me?

I received the same exact message this week. I sent my letter CM only. I mailed it on Monday and received the message every day that I checked until Thursday. When I checked on Thursday, all tracking info had been updated, and it showed delivered. I have very little experience with certified mail, so I revisited the post office while on an errand. I was told that they place a pink slip in the recipient's PO Box, and the recipient has to go to the front desk to pick up the letter when they empty their box. ***blank stare, exhausted from staying up all night with a toddler, too tired to ask for an explanation, exits the building*** Hope that helps a little. Good Luck!

#21 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

I just got an email from equifax:

Your most recent Equifax reinvestigation has been started. This process can take up to 30 days to complete. For faster delivery of your results, you can now receive the results of your investigation online.

Edited

Any reinvestigation that you have created within the timeframe of this request will be available for your review online upon completion.

We appreciate your help as we work together to protect our environment by going green and increasing your account security with electronic delivery.

To allow us to protect your privacy and deliver prompt service, please visit our website. If there are items you believe to be incorrect, you may be able to initiate an investigation request via the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at:

Edited

Using the Internet to initiate an online investigation request will expedite the resolution of your concerns.

Unsubscribe: If you do not want to receive these emails, please click on this hyperlink to unsubscribe:

Edited

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you,

Equifax Information Services LLC

I have no idea what they mean by reinvestigation. Are they referring to the fact that I disputed this collection about a year ago and they are just continuing that? Is this normal? I'm assuming I shouldn't click that link?

Edited by Viper786, 07 March 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#22 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Is my letter to Equifax not delivered? It says

Expected Delivery Date: March 3, 2012
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Certified Mail™

Your item arrived at 7:53 am on March 02, 2012 in ATLANTA, GA 30304. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Saturday, March 3, 2012. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Unit, March 02, 2012, 7:53 am, ATLANTA, GA 30304
Dispatched to Sort Facility, February 29, 2012, 5:51 pm, PLYMOUTH, MI 48170
Acceptance, February 29, 2012, 1:43 pm, PLYMOUTH, MI 48170

Also, a small update. Trans Union deleted the collection!

Still haven't heard anything from Experian.

#23 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,923 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Is my letter to Equifax not delivered? It says

Expected Delivery Date: March 3, 2012
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Certified Mail™

Your item arrived at 7:53 am on March 02, 2012 in ATLANTA, GA 30304. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Saturday, March 3, 2012. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Unit, March 02, 2012, 7:53 am, ATLANTA, GA 30304"arrived at unit" means it arrived at the PO where the PO Box is, which is the SAME as "delivered"
Dispatched to Sort Facility, February 29, 2012, 5:51 pm, PLYMOUTH, MI 48170
Acceptance, February 29, 2012, 1:43 pm, PLYMOUTH, MI 48170

Also, a small update. Trans Union deleted the collection!

Still haven't heard anything from Experian.

#24 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Equifax verified it, still waiting on Experian. What us the next step?

#25 Viper786

Viper786
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

What is my next step?

TransUnion deleted
Experian confirmed
Equifax confirmed.

Just for some more info, DOFD is 10/08 and the amount is $123.

What do I do next?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.