Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Do you believe in the paranormal or spirits?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 brazen

brazen

Thing Two

• Forum Leads
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Watched Ghost Adventures last night with DD. It was an episode about the Iowa ax house. Interesting. :unsure:

#2 RAguy

RAguy
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Absolutely

#3 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

I watch GA with #1 all the time. I LOVE that show. They're so ridiculous. DUDE. I JUST SAW THAT! DID YOU SEE THAT! BRO! :rofl: :rofl:

#4 dawniedawn67

dawniedawn67
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Yep, I sure do.

#5 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yup.. had too many experiences not to.. where's Jack when we need a thread like this goin? Lol

#6 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

I believe that there is something there,

But like everything else in this world, 99% is pure BS.

It's the 1% that gives me the creeps at night.

#7 ArchonInitiative

ArchonInitiative
  • Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yes.

(I can pass a lie detector test with flying colors about a few things I have experienced.)

One of the troubles with this is for every legit situation, you have quite a few con artists, clowns, and disturbed people just claiming all kinds of off-the-wall stuff. It severely drowns out the legitimate situations.

#8 Islandgal

Islandgal

Island Dreamer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I think I have a ghost in my house...every now and again, it makes itself know...I kinda just ignore it

#9 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

I think I have a ghost in my house...every now and again, it makes itself know...I kinda just ignore it

Same here. My cats tend to run around like crazy when it's present. I just ignore it unless it wants my attention. Then it usually starts messing with lights etc. Usually when the cats start acting crazy I just chalk it up to cats acting like cats until the temp drops around me and I suddenly feel a cold breeze where there wasn't one. Really unnerving when it's a semi warm day and no AC on and that happens.

#10 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,699 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yes!

#11 baby duck

baby duck
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

:mellow: I'm going to ship all of you some holy water.

#12 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

No.

Besides, who the eff would really want to stick around on THIS world anyway?

#13 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,699 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Put a lil bit of vodka in it please.

#14 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

I believe that children are the future, and there is just as much proof of that as there is for the existence of ghosts...

I don't disbelieve in ghosts, as anything that cannot be disprove is possible, and it is impossible to disprove something that has no physical substance.

I do how ever find that most people who are scared of ghosts are either misinformed or cowards. Most people who are afraid of their house being haunted are afraid of spooky footsteps, or that they might turn around and witness an apparition just standing there, it is very seldom that a person is afraid that a ghost is actually going to try to injure them. This is silly. If you live in a house where an entity is powerful enough to hurt you, odds are, it would let you know that fairly quickly, by doing so. Otherwise, you should be no more concerned about living in a house with ghosts then you should be at living in a house with cats........Actually I think I would rather have the ghosts. They don't piss on everything.

Posted Image

#15 LogicalNoMore

LogicalNoMore
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Why? Did they tell you they are thirsty?? You are quite the ghost host!

#16 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yep, I think ds pops around at times, esp when puppy jumps up and goes running and barking into his room.

and although dd says she is probably dreaming, she has on a few nights swears she wakes up about 1am and hears someone in the kitchen, both times she says she see's ds getting hot pockets from the freezer he leaves to go out the door and waves at her, he used to do this when he got off work at Pizza Hut, yes he would come to our house and get pizza pockets to take home....kid loved pizza.

#17 TheBanker

TheBanker
  • Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

No.

#18 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Another note. Why do people always go exploring "haunted places" at night? In theory, "hauntings" consume ambient energy to manifest them selves. That said, broad daylight should be the best possible time to catch them...just saying..

#19 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Another note. Why do people always go exploring "haunted places" at night? In theory, "hauntings" consume ambient energy to manifest them selves. That said, broad daylight should be the best possible time to catch them...just saying..

For the record.. I haven't actually "seen" one well I did when I was way younger but "feel" them at all times of day/night. Temperature drop when it's 80 degrees and no Ac on and no where near a open window or vent (such as work etc or even the apartment). I think (and this is just my theory) on the whole night thing, is that people are more relaxed at night so their mind is more open to seeing/hearing things then they are during the day when their mind is busy with getting tasks done that they need to get accomplished. But you are right. I have been around friends that are way more sensitive to them than I am, and can actually see them and they've seen them both day and night.

Edited by beli, 25 February 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#20 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

No.

Besides, who the eff would really want to stick around on THIS world anyway?

Unfinished business... someone watching over you.. someone attached to their surroundings and doesn't want to cross over to wherever they are suppose to go(about as general as I can get without breaking TOS). Every time I get stressed out about something especially with school/work etc and don't think things will work out with whatever I'm trying to accomplish, I end up hearing dad's song that was played at his funeral on the radio. I don't have the Cd of it. I don't hear it at any other time.. day or night and the song is over 12-13yrs old now.

Edited by beli, 25 February 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#21 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yes. But most is fake.

#22 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

For the record.. I haven't actually "seen" one well I did when I was way younger but "feel" them at all times of day/night. Temperature drop when it's 80 degrees and no Ac on and no where near a open window or vent (such as work etc or even the apartment). I think (and this is just my theory) on the whole night thing, is that people are more relaxed at night so their mind is more open to seeing/hearing things then they are during the day when their mind is busy with getting tasks done that they need to get accomplished. But you are right. I have been around friends that are way more sensitive to them than I am, and can actually see them and they've seen them both day and night.

Yeeeeah.. real relaxing, wandering the halls of an abandoned asylum for the mentally infirm, rusty metal objects, broken glass, asbestos, and god knows what kind of diseases pervading every corner, to say nothing of the spirits of insane and homicidal patents, some of whom arrived mad, and others unjustly consigned, found madness during their stay.. It sounds so romantic! People should bring candles and a nice picnic basket...

Though i guess its possible that being on edge would also make you more sensative to possible threats..

Sorry, that's not sarcasm, I'm just teasing... No, mostly, its just that... I know when I am some place I shouldn't ought to be, I think most people do. I just think, if there are ghosts, and some of them are strong enough to effect the living, I don't think they care what time of day it is... Though I suppose doing paranormal research is easier when you eliminate light source contamination, so there is that..but once more, you are using an IR illuminator. It is still a light source, and just because you are stumbling around in the dark doesn't mean that nothing else can see you..you aren't going to sneak up on something that doesn't need eyes to see, and IR beams make just as much lens flare as viewable range..This is mostly just about shows like ghost hunters and the above mentioned ghost adventures..idiots stumbling around in the dark, in search of truth, tetanus, and hepatitis. Too much of it is theater and I swear if I hear one more person take time out of the show to explain what an EVP is..If you are watching a tv show about ghosts, you are familiar, it doesn't need to be said...blah..

Edited by Echo_X, 25 February 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#23 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeeeeah.. real relaxing, wandering the halls of an abandoned asylum for the mentally infirm, rusty metal objects, broken glass, asbestos, and god knows what kind of diseases pervading every corner, to say nothing of the spirits of insane and homicidal patents, some of whom arrived mad, and others unjustly consigned, found madness during their stay.. It sounds so romantic! People should bring candles and a nice picnic basket...

Though i guess its possible that being on edge would also make you more sensative to possible threats..

Sorry, that's not sarcasm, I'm just teasing... No, mostly, its just that... I know when I am some place I shouldn't ought to be, I think most people do. I just think, if there are ghosts, and some of them are strong enough to effect the living, I don't think they care what time of day it is... Though I suppose doing paranormal research is easier when you eliminate light source contamination, so there is that..but once more, you are using an IR illuminator. It is still a light source, and just because you are stumbling around in the dark doesn't mean that nothing else can see you..you aren't going to sneak up on something that doesn't need eyes to see, and IR beams make just as much lens flare as viewable range..This is mostly just about shows like ghost hunters and the above mentioned ghost adventures..idiots stumbling around in the dark, in search of truth, tetanus, and hepatitis. Too much of it is theater and I swear if I hear one more person take time out of the show to explain what an EVP is..If you are watching a tv show about ghosts, you are familiar, it doesn't need to be said...blah..

Ohh I know were you were coming from. I was talking from a pov of a regular person.. not some show. I think for a show the whole "ghost hunting" at night http://uk.answers.ya...04011754AATxIkh

It's actually an interesting discussion at least for me. Like you and others have said 95% of it can be explained. I just know from personal experience that they do exist and felt either day or night. It doesn't matter to them.

Edited by beli, 25 February 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#24 jack1212

jack1212

Dispute Influence

• Members
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Yup.. had too many experiences not to.. where's Jack when we need a thread like this goin? Lol

:wave: Haha, cant have this w/o me!

Yep, sure do. ONLY because i witnessed it. There's a thread on it around here somewhere. Not the ghost cat saying goodbye, but the one where things were thrown at us, doors slammed shut, etc.

I'' be the first to say "No way, i'll find an explanation."

Well, 5 later later, and we still dont have one. Hell, if i hadnt been there, i wouldnt beileve it. We went back again and i was physically touched.

As for the TV shows, yea i watch em. But just as entertainment and nothing more. Ever since i called out ghosthunters on youtube and busted them on the myrtles plantation hoax they tried, the video got took down.

So yea i watch just for fun. But i only believe and know what happened to us 4 that night. 4 of us saw all of it, and thats all we need.

#25 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yes I do because I know what I experienced and I know there was no other explanation for it than a spirit.

I will freely admit that it scared the isht out of me. I mean...you just do not expect that sort of thing to happen...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.