Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

About to start the HIPAA process

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

All,
I have found a nice Microsoft Office stationary that consists of a nice large purple circle right in the middle of the page. I then used a purple font 25% darker over it, and centered my text over the purple circle. I then used an italic times new roman font, 12 pt. I am on the 1st step (Sending the pre HIPAA letter)

My questions are:

#1 Do I simply put a stamp on the letters and send them or do I send them Certified Mail (No RR) or do I send them US Mail and require a signature? Can I put the three letters to Equifax in the same envelope?

#2 Once I get to step 3 if needed (Paying the bill with one of the inserts), when I pay it am I in danger of having the item re aged on my credit report? That is one of my biggest fears as I have everything else off my reports except for 3 medicals on my Equifax, and one medical on each of my TransUnion and Experian reports. All of them are due to fall off by the end of 2013 so I am worried that if I make a payment the clock will start again and they will be stuck on my reports for another 7 years

#3 I have searched a lot of websites, staff opinion letters, etc to see a solid legal case, etc that I can refer to if the OC doesn't remove the item once I pay it and have not been able to find any. I read the legal basis on WhyChat's page as well, and still did not find anything I can give to my lawyer in case that happened. Does anyone know of something I can use in case it comes to that? I know it probably won't come to that, but just in case it does I always like to be prepared.

#2 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

All,
I have found a nice Microsoft Office stationary that consists of a nice large purple circle right in the middle of the page. I then used a purple font 25% darker over it, and centered my text over the purple circle. I then used an italic times new roman font, 12 pt. I am on the 1st step (Sending the pre HIPAA letter)

My questions are:

#1 Do I simply put a stamp on the letters and send them or do I send them Certified Mail (No RR) or do I send them US Mail and require a signature? Can I put the three letters to Equifax in the same envelope? The instructions CLEARLY state to send it CERTIFIED ONLY, get a few certified mail forms from the PO, that way you can incorporate the certified mail # into the letter

#2 Once I get to step 3 if needed (Paying the bill with one of the inserts), when I pay it am I in danger of having the item re aged on my credit report? That is one of my biggest fears as I have everything else off my reports except for 3 medicals on my Equifax, and one medical on each of my TransUnion and Experian reports. All of them are due to fall off by the end of 2013 so I am worried that if I make a payment the clock will start again and they will be stuck on my reports for another 7 years

#3 I have searched a lot of websites, staff opinion letters, etc to see a solid legal case, etc that I can refer to if the OC doesn't remove the item once I pay it and have not been able to find any. I read the legal basis on WhyChat's page as well, and still did not find anything I can give to my lawyer in case that happened. Does anyone know of something I can use in case it comes to that? I know it probably won't come to that, but just in case it does I always like to be prepared.

If you read the legal link on the HIPAA website you will understand what is going on. There is NO LAWYER needed to enforce the program, just follow all the instructions. There are follow up letters posted below insert "c" on the program, there are instructions for filing a HIPAA complaint with the OCR. In all likelyhood you will not need to use any of these as I am fairly confident you will get a deletion with your initial dispute letter.

#3 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

All,

My questions are:

#1 Do I simply put a stamp on the letters and send them or do I send them Certified Mail (No RR) or do I send them US Mail and require a signature? Can I put the three letters to Equifax in the same envelope? The instructions CLEARLY state to send it CERTIFIED ONLY, get a few certified mail forms from the PO, that way you can incorporate the certified mail # into the letter

If you read the legal link on the HIPAA website you will understand what is going on. There is NO LAWYER needed to enforce the program, just follow all the instructions. There are follow up letters posted below insert "c" on the program, there are instructions for filing a HIPAA complaint with the OCR. In all likelyhood you will not need to use any of these as I am fairly confident you will get a deletion with your initial dispute letter.

Thanks WhyChat! I will definitely send them certified. I'll re read your Legal Basis and the HIPAA pages again as well.

If I can get these items off my report...I'll have a clean report. Yayyyyyy! Then I can update my signature again lol...

bunyan

#4 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

All,

My questions are:

Thanks WhyChat! I will definitely send them certified. I'll re read your Legal Basis and the HIPAA pages again as well.

If I can get these items off my report...I'll have a clean report. Yayyyyyy! Then I can update my signature again lol...

bunyan

All,
Here is a link to one of my letters. http://dclimo.dyndns...ards_sample.pdf Do you think that background is ok? If so I am sending today.

Whychat...I took another look at one of the sticky threads in this forum http://creditboards....howtopic=141352 and now I have a better understanding of the legal basis for the HIPAA process. Of course, it probably will never get to that point (Hopefully my pre HIPAA letters will take care of this) but just in case it does I have a pretty good understanding of the legal standing and what parts of FCRA to refer to. Particularly Section 604(g), where it was amended to say or balances relating to debts

Thanks again for providing your insight on Medical Collections!

bunyan

#5 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

All,

My questions are:

bunyan

All,
Here is a link to one of my letters. http://dclimo.dyndns...ards_sample.pdf Do you think that background is ok? If so I am sending today.

Whychat...I took another look at one of the sticky threads in this forum http://creditboards....howtopic=141352 and now I have a better understanding of the legal basis for the HIPAA process. Of course, it probably will never get to that point (Hopefully my pre HIPAA letters will take care of this) but just in case it does I have a pretty good understanding of the legal standing and what parts of FCRA to refer to. Particularly Section 604(g), where it was amended to say or balances relating to debts

bunyan

WhyChat,
My letter appears to be easily scannable. I sent them out today. Do I have to wait 90 days to resend with a better background? Or can I re send immediately. Arrrrgghhhh

Bunyan

#6 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

All,

My questions are:

bunyan

All,

bunyan

WhyChat,
My letter appears to be easily scannable. I sent them out today. Do I have to wait 90 days to resend with a better background? Or can I re send immediately. Arrrrgghhhh

Bunyan

OK,
Did a little searching. Looks like I'll have to wait until the CRAs validate or delete then start over. Next time I'm hand writing my letters lol. I am still at stage 1 sending Pre HIPAA letters

#7 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

All,

My questions are:

bunyan

All,

bunyan

WhyChat,

Bunyan

OK,
Did a little searching. Looks like I'll have to wait until the CRAs validate or delete then start over. Next time I'm hand writing my letters lol. I am still at stage 1 sending Pre HIPAA letters

possible that the initial dispute letter will work, even though it is easily scannable.

I posted a "sample" letter with instructions for importing a watermark on the HIPAA letter link:
http://www.whychat.5.../hipaadisp.html

#8 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

All,

My questions are:

bunyan

All,

bunyan

WhyChat,

Bunyan

OK,

possible that the initial dispute letter will work, even though it is easily scannable.

I posted a "sample" letter with instructions for importing a watermark on the HIPAA letter link:

Thanks WhyChat! I'll post again once I hear back from the CRAs

#9 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

OK,

WhyChat,
Good news. TU deleted with the PreHipaa letter. I see the last time the CA reported was 2009 so I was thinking it would get deleted. All the other medical items on my reports (Except for 1 on EQ) last reported in 2009 as well so hopefully all those will get deleted as well. I had 3 on EQ, 1 on TU, and 1 on EX.

Still waiting to hear back from EX and EQ. I am thinking everything will get deleted but that one that last reported in 02/2012.

I'll reply back when I hear more. Thanks!

bunyan

#10 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Ok,
Got this letter back from Experian today. Anyone know what it means? Looks to be corrupted but since it says if I want to dispute the results of their investigation, I should contact the furnisher of information directly, I am guessing it didn't get deleted. I am about to pull a copy of my Experian report to see.

http://dclimo.dyndns...ts_20120312.pdf

Any suggestions?

bunyan

#11 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ok,
Got this letter back from Experian today. Anyone know what it means? Looks to be corrupted but since it says if I want to dispute the results of their investigation, I should contact the furnisher of information directly, I am guessing it didn't get deleted. I am about to pull a copy of my Experian report to see.

http://dclimo.dyndns.org:8069/shelli-rae/misc/experian_results_20120312.pdf

Any suggestions?

bunyan

Ok,
Just back doored Experian. This item says "This item is currently being investigated."

Maybe it is still being investigated? That's a good sign I guess. Since this item last reported in 2007 I am hoping Experian contacts the CA and they do not respond back and it gets removed.

bunyan

#12 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Ok,

http://dclimo.dyndns.org:8069/shelli-rae/misc/experian_results_20120312.pdf

Any suggestions?

bunyan

Ok,
Just back doored Experian. This item says "This item is currently being investigated."

Maybe it is still being investigated? That's a good sign I guess. Since this item last reported in 2007 I am hoping Experian contacts the CA and they do not respond back and it gets removed.

bunyan

Backdoored Experian today. Status has changed to This item remained unchanged from our processing of your dispute in Mar 2012

Looks like the CA verified? So now I send a letter to the CA asking them to validate, since the CRA says it's a valid debt and has their name (The CA) on it right? I checked WhyChat's site but I did not see a link to that letter. Anyone have the link?

I'm still waiting for Equifax to verify or delete. Their status still says Pending Reinvestigation.

#13 SomeGuy

SomeGuy
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Bunyan, that's part of the letter I just got from them too, it does not really make the update clear does it. Here's my update: http://creditboards....owtopic=486291. My cover letter included a lot more text, this was just the opening paragraph. A long one about what happens with a dispute, a couple more about fcra.

I don't think the text about further dispute means anything, it just sounds like a boilerplate notice that is always the case. I recently got a much clearer delete notice from TU, and they had some similar disclosure. I guess in theory a delete may not be what the consumer wants either - maybe a paid in full or correction to the amount or date.

In my case, it appears that the item was deleted. It is not listed on the report EX included with that letter. I'm going to try the back door now, but yesterday I pulled an updated report via quizzle.com and it had no reference to this item. I definitely want to make sure it's not just 'being investigated' as yours was.

#14 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

Alrighty,
To begin with:

3 baddies on EQ
1 on TU
1 on EX

After Pre HIPAA letters:
2 baddies on EQ (They removed two that hadn't reported in a while, but then added a NEW ONE and the other one verified)
0 baddies on TU
1 baddy on EX (They verified)

I haven't backdoored EX and TU so I don't know if the new baddy will pop up on those reports too. But here's my next plan of action:

#1 Send the 2nd round of HIPAA letters to the CAs that verified from the 1st round (Only 2 of those left)
#2 Send a DV letter to the new CA. If I read the FCRA correctly, they can't even report to the CRAs if I DV within the first 30 days, so I plan on doing that, then disputing with the CRAs again. Then the CAs shouldn't be able to validate and they should be removed

Am I on the right track? And last time I looked couldn't figure out what letter to send next. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

bunyan

#15 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Alrighty,
To begin with:

3 baddies on EQ
1 on TU
1 on EX

After Pre HIPAA letters:
2 baddies on EQ (They removed two that hadn't reported in a while, but then added a NEW ONE and the other one verified)
0 baddies on TU

I haven't backdoored EX and TU so I don't know if the new baddy will pop up on those reports too. But here's my next plan of action:

#1 Send the 2nd round of HIPAA letters to the CAs that verified from the 1st round (Only 2 of those left)
#2 Send a DV letter to the new CA. If I read the FCRA correctly, they can't even report to the CRAs if I DV within the first 30 days, so I plan on doing that, then disputing with the CRAs again. Then the CAs shouldn't be able to validate and they should be removed

Am I on the right track? And last time I looked couldn't figure out what letter to send next. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

bunyan

If you sent the medical DVs to the CAs where a CRA did NOT delete, then you send THAT/THOSE CRAs the follow up dispute:
http://www.whychat.5...aa.html#DISPUTE

#16 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Alrighty,
To begin with:

3 baddies on EQ
1 on TU
1 on EX

After Pre HIPAA letters:
0 baddies on TU

bunyan

If you sent the medical DVs to the CAs where a CRA did NOT delete, then you send THAT/THOSE CRAs the follow up dispute:

Ok,
For the 2 CAs that verified to the CRAs in response to my Pre HIPAA letters, I am going to send the medical DV from this page http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html I have not paid either, but can pay if needed.

For the new one I am going to send the Pre HIPAA letter. and take it from there. So far this new item has only appeared on the Equifax report.

Am I using the correct medical DV letter from the link above? Thanks again!

bunyan

#17 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Alrighty,
To begin with:

3 baddies on EQ
1 on TU
1 on EX

After Pre HIPAA letters:
0 baddies on TU

bunyan

Ok,
For the 2 CAs that verified to the CRAs in response to my Pre HIPAA letters, I am going to send the medical DV from this page http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html I have not paid either, but can pay if needed.

For the new one I am going to send the Pre HIPAA letter. and take it from there. So far this new item has only appeared on the Equifax report.

Am I using the correct medical DV letter from the link above? Thanks again! Yes
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html

bunyan

#18 bunyan

bunyan
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Ok,
Yesterday I sent DV letters to the 2 CAs that verified with the CRAs from my Pre HIPAA letters

I also sent an initial DV letter to a new CA that is now reporting on EQ. Since I caught them in the initial 30 day window, they cannot report to the CRA, or sale/transfer the account as long as they do not validate right?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.