Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

how to remove inquiries from equifax

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop AG

Bishop AG
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

How do you remove inquiries from equifax

#2 CB Owners

CB Owners
  • Mod Squad
  • 13,071 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Welcome to CreditBoards! We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free
    to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section.
    Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part! It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the bottom of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, breeze
CB Mods: CargoJon, Chris in OK, cotterpin, CramItCCCAs, Fallon, MarvBear, CtSoxFan, pryan67, psp, Stryker, TrevorHere
Forum Leads: brazen, Brian B The Loan Professor, cedski, DallasLoanGuy, hoapres, ICANHASMUNY?, Lighthouse84, Linx04, TeeSharice

#3 v8envy

v8envy
  • Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

its called B* research the master B* thread, you will need to pull your credit daily until you have pulled it 85 times since your last inquiry, one the 85 inquiries fill up with softs (pulls made by you) then the hards (pulls you authorized to obtain credit) fall off its like a conveyor belt that can only hold 85 things, start adding softs and the hards move toward the end, once they reach the end they are no longer show as an inquiry! good luck, this can be done in about 20-25 days with the right pullers, sc, mpm, usaa, and ec is what i use

#4 XxRaVeNxX

XxRaVeNxX
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

I'd hate to bump an old thread...but what can I use to just use soft pulls for equifax? I also heard this doesn't work with all 3 of the CRAs...

#5 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,627 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Have patience for 24 months.

#6 iPhone911Droid

iPhone911Droid

boom boom time

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'd hate to bump an old thread...but what can I use to just use soft pulls for equifax? I also heard this doesn't work with all 3 of the CRAs...

For EQ use: usaa only for 85 days OR use mpm, usaa, and ec for 28 days

For TU use: sc for 56 days

Edited by iPhone911Droid, 26 August 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#7 XxRaVeNxX

XxRaVeNxX
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

The only thing I knew the acronym for was; USAA....isn't there one for EQ & TU at the same time...

#8 figueroaw

figueroaw
  • Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Have patience for 24 months.

Best advised and cheaper option ever!!!

#9 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 68,274 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

even if you get them all removed, many lenders now use CRAs that track applications so you might get to zero on EQ but on one of these other CRAs your application history will be revealed.

#10 L_SON

L_SON
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

What is SC? I have EQ down packed now, and want to focus on TU.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#11 iPhone911Droid

iPhone911Droid

boom boom time

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

SC = smart credit

#12 ToddP

ToddP
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

even if you get them all removed, many lenders now use CRAs that track applications so you might get to zero on EQ but on one of these other CRAs your application history will be revealed.

I've never heard of this. I thought CRA's are only allowed to "record" applications if the bank/credit union goes through that particalluar CRA. i.e. CRA ABC can't track applications that go through EQ, EXP or TU, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#13 UNI4790

UNI4790

Card Geek Wanna Be

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

How do you get a promo code from MPM?

#14 XxRaVeNxX

XxRaVeNxX
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Never heard of this...Proof?

#15 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,627 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

http://www.weknowpay...vation_Plan.pdf

just an example, read between the lines.

#16 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 68,274 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Never heard of this...Proof?

sorry but I don't need to prove anything. Perhaps you should do some research.,

I've never heard of this. I thought CRA's are only allowed to "record" applications if the bank/credit union goes through that particalluar CRA. i.e. CRA ABC can't track applications that go through EQ, EXP or TU, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

there are hundreds of CRAs and some exist to almost exclusively track applications. All the $$$ some people waste on B* is fruitless if a lender uses one of these alternative CRAs.

#17 ToddP

ToddP
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

I see. I've never used a bank / credit union that uses these CRAs, or it's never been an issue *yet*. I mainly just use NFCU, hopefully they don't catch on!

#18 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 68,274 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

I see. I've never used a bank / credit union that uses these CRAs, or it's never been an issue *yet*. I mainly just use NFCU, hopefully they don't catch on!

these CRAs are used a lot more than many folks realize. check this thread out

http://creditboards....howtopic=494618

#19 TeachMeMaster

TeachMeMaster

Bump Influence XLVI

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Barclays & Amex track apps.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.