Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

BOA issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

We have been trying for about 3 months now to get his name removed from a joint checking account that he had with his ex wife. Ex wife is known for writing bad checks so we want his name off since he has had no access to the account after he lost his card in October of 2011. (He used to give her child support via that account now does it through his employer)

The issue is that they keep sending the info to his ex's address which she doesn't give to him. She has been overdraft on this account now since January. Twice we called when she had a positive balance and didn't receive the paperwork. We are willing to pay the acct current if it means this doesn't hit chexsystems for him IF they remove him from the account once and for all.

The bigger issue is there is not a single branch in our state of PA so we can't just go down and settle this. Any ideas on how to get this done???!!!

Edited by adaisyandarose, 22 February 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#2 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

Bumping for help. Not sure if this belongs in this forum but we are trying to prevent this going to into chex. They won't let him remove his name with a negative balance without her signature which I know she won't do(which I understand). Would it be best to write a letter with a copy of his dl asking for the account address to be changed then another letter asking for them to send the paperwork to close this account and that we will send in the overdrafted amount with the paperwork? Until now all things have been done via phone and we get them saying we have noted that the paperwork should have been sent out or that they have admitted to sending it out to her address instead of the address given.

#3 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have drafted this letter. Please give me input on what to change. Should I send this certified mail or try to email them?

Dear Sir or Madam:

RE: Account #

I am sending this letter certified mail # to ensure that you receive it.

I have contacted you numerous times regarding removing my name from this account and I have never received the paperwork to do so, even when the account was positive. I understand that you cannot remove my name from my ex-wife’s account without her signature if there is a negative balance.

I am prepared to send you a money order with the amount that has been overdraft on this account for over a month now along with the paperwork to close this account completely since you only need one signature to do so once the account is current. I personally did not occur any of the charges since I have not had access to the account since I lost my bankcard in October 2011 but I am willing to pay the $75.45 to prevent it from further damaging my credit and reporting to chexsystems in my name.

I will not pay the amount first to ensure that the co-owner of the account doesn’t occur any additional charges to the account during the processing time of receiving the forms and mailing them back.

Please send the paperwork or I will not receive it to:

Address

Sincerely,

Mr. Daisy

Edited by adaisyandarose, 24 February 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#4 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

I have drafted this letter. Please give me input on what to change. Should I send this certified mail or try to email them?

Dear Sir or Madam:

RE: Account #

I am sending this letter certified mail # to ensure that you receive it.

I have contacted you numerous times regarding removing my name from this account and I have never received the paperwork to do so, even when the account was positive. I understand that you cannot remove my name from my ex-wife’s account without her signature if there is a negative balance.

I am prepared to send you a money order with the amount that has been overdraft on this account for over a month now along with the paperwork to close this account completely since you only need one signature to do so once the account is current. I personally did not occur any of the charges since I have not had access to the account since I lost my bankcard in October 2011 but I am willing to pay the $75.45 to prevent it from further damaging my credit and reporting to chexsystems in my name.

I will not pay the amount first to ensure that the co-owner of the account doesn’t occur any additional charges to the account during the processing time of receiving the forms and mailing them back.

Please send the paperwork or I will not receive it to:

Address

Sincerely,

Mr. Daisy

If he is an joint owner of the account, he will be reported the same as anyone else on the account. He is responsible for the account the same as she is.

The biggest thing I see is that he needs to figure out how to be removed from this account .. if he pays the negative balance, it can happen again. There are some banks that report it regardless. Make sure if he is told that he can pay this off and NOT be reported to any credit reporting agency that he gets this stated in writing

#5 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

We realize that he is responsible which is why we have been trying to get his name removed since October of last year because we were afraid that this would happen where she would just walk away from the account after she overdraft it. They keep sending the papers to his ex wife's address after he has been very clear on the phone to NOT send them to that address because he won't get them. If we had a local branch this issue would be easy and could be done instantly. We have gotten nowhere on the phone so I thought maybe if we emailed or wrote a letter we could get further. It has been negative a little over 90 days.

#6 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

I decided not to send a letter. We got into BOA chat instead. They said if we wire the money that they will be able to close the account without paperwork (Contact them via chat or call) once the account is at 0. We wired the money Saturday afternoon so we are hoping that it clears today and we can close it before the evil ex-wife notices her account is 0 and decides to charge something else. *Crosses fingers* I am hopeful this will happen because I believe she walked away from this account totally and doesn't care about it. We believe that she opened a new account somewhere else that her child support is being deposited to. She will probably figure that the 0 balance and closed account was due to her not bringing the account current and the bank closed it.

#7 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Finally we were able to close the account today. The complete closure will take until the 5th but finally after 4 months of trying to close this account or remove his name it is looking as though it may actually happen! :yahoo:

#8 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Update... acct is closed! :clapping: Now to work on whatever else is on his chexsystems report once it gets here...ugh

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.