Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Defaulted Student Loans

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acsincpr

acsincpr
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Greetings
I owe $32851 in 3 Loans
2 with Sallie Mae
1 with National Student Loans

All 3 accounts are in default, i contacted Default Student Loan Assistance, LLC.
thru their website www.defaultedstudentloansolutions.com

I wanted to know if people on this forum have used them in the past,
they asked $399 to work on the repayment plan
they sent me this email:
(Assuming you are single and head of household your monthly payment under The Income Sensitive Repayment plan is $ 54.83. Keep in mind this is based off of your numbers that you have provided. If are married then your monthly payment will drop below $35.00 a month. The process takes 30-60 days and after you are officially approved your loans will come out of default and you will once again be eligible for Title IV Student Loans.The negative items do NOT come off your credit report but they will be marked paid in full and closed. They will drop to the bottom of your file.Did I mention we charge a fee of $399.00. We break this up into 3 payments. We guarantee this in writing and I have also put a lot on paper already. We are also listed with The Better Business Bureau.)

#2 LynnInMN

LynnInMN

CB Student Loan Guru

• Forum Leads
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

They want $399 to help you fill out a Direct Loan Consolidation Application??? Dont give them a dime!!! Do the loan yourself....https://loanconsolidation.ed.gov/AppEntry/apply-online/appindex.jsp

#3 acsincpr

acsincpr
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

ok thanks
Whats the chance of not getting approved?

They want $399 to help you fill out a Direct Loan Consolidation Application??? Dont give them a dime!!! Do the loan yourself....https://loanconsolidation.ed.gov/AppEntry/apply-online/appindex.jsp

#4 AKAGeorgiaGirl

AKAGeorgiaGirl
  • Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Your chance would be the same with them as on your own. But $399 out of your pockets and into theirs.

You can also check out IBR - Income Based Repayment. I think your loans have to be out of default to be able to apply though.

#5 LynnInMN

LynnInMN

CB Student Loan Guru

• Forum Leads
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Your chance would be the same with them as on your own. But $399 out of your pockets and into theirs.

You can also check out IBR - Income Based Repayment. I think your loans have to be out of default to be able to apply though.

Only reason I can think of for denial is that you are being garnished under AWG. You will automatically be assingned to the income contingent repayment plan ICR. And defaulted loans can and also have been eligible for consolidation.

#6 bad.credit

bad.credit
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Greetings
I owe $32851 in 3 Loans
2 with Sallie Mae
1 with National Student Loans

All 3 accounts are in default, i contacted Default Student Loan Assistance, LLC.
thru their website www.defaultedstudentloansolutions.com

I wanted to know if people on this forum have used them in the past,
they asked $399 to work on the repayment plan
they sent me this email:
(Assuming you are single and head of household your monthly payment under The Income Sensitive Repayment plan is $ 54.83. Keep in mind this is based off of your numbers that you have provided. If are married then your monthly payment will drop below $35.00 a month. The process takes 30-60 days and after you are officially approved your loans will come out of default and you will once again be eligible for Title IV Student Loans.The negative items do NOT come off your credit report but they will be marked paid in full and closed. They will drop to the bottom of your file.Did I mention we charge a fee of $399.00. We break this up into 3 payments. We guarantee this in writing and I have also put a lot on paper already. We are also listed with The Better Business Bureau.)

William D Ford Consolidate, Its very easy.... You apply online, use the National Loan Student Data base. You can even call the department, they will help you step by step. Some of the nicest people are in the consolidation department, not the jerks in the DCS department.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.