Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Ebay

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I listed my daughter's dress on ebay for a great price at buy it now option. I haven't sold in a while so ebay is holding my money hostage (or in reality making money off of it).

The person who purchased the dress, did so, within hours of my listing with a name that seems foreign. The have purchased and sold NOTHING and have zero feedback.

I went to yellowpages to look up the person and there is no one at that name. I did a basic google search and nothing came up.

I went and looked at my paypal account and their first name is misspelled? Who does that?

Am I being paranoid? I feel like I'm being ganked.......

#2 gamecockcountry

gamecockcountry
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

I listed my daughter's dress on ebay for a great price at buy it now option. I haven't sold in a while so ebay is holding my money hostage (or in reality making money off of it).

The person who purchased the dress, did so, within hours of my listing with a name that seems foreign. The have purchased and sold NOTHING and have zero feedback.

I went to yellowpages to look up the person and there is no one at that name. I did a basic google search and nothing came up.

I went and looked at my paypal account and their first name is misspelled? Who does that?

Am I being paranoid? I feel like I'm being ganked.......

I hadn't sold in a while and had the same issue with the funds being held. Once the item was delivered the funds were released to me. So that part is legitimate. I don't like it but you will get your money if that is the only issue.

The second part does sound pretty shady. Although you wouldn't find me in the yellow pages so that by itself doesn't mean much.

#3 Islandgal

Islandgal

Island Dreamer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

:rofl: What does a foreign looking name look like?

#4 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

:rofl: What does a foreign looking name look like?

I'm talking Gaza strip foreign..... :beee:

It's all for nothing. I called Ebay and they told me that if I chose to cancel the transaction, whether the buyer agreed to cancel or not, they would credit me the fees. They also told me how to do an advanced search to find the person's contact info ie phone #. I called her on the phone and was convinced it was a legitimate transaction. She's excited. :D I told her that if she remembers, I want a pic!! :D

#5 LogicalNoMore

LogicalNoMore
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

Pardon my ignorance in how the transaction from winning the bid...to payment...to shipment goes. Are you saying that after a Bidder wins...hits payment...sends payment.....You(the seller) really don't get the money til a confirmation of delivery happens???

I had a buyer who listed themselves in the USA actually be from Canada and asked that I pay the conversion fees for shipment and such. Weird transaction ...so its not uncommon to wonder who you are really dealing with.

#6 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

Pardon my ignorance in how the transaction from winning the bid...to payment...to shipment goes. Are you saying that after a Bidder wins...hits payment...sends payment.....You(the seller) really don't get the money til a confirmation of delivery happens???

I had a buyer who listed themselves in the USA actually be from Canada and asked that I pay the conversion fees for shipment and such. Weird transaction ...so its not uncommon to wonder who you are really dealing with.

Logic, yup that's how ebay works now before you hit so many transactions I believe.

Edited by beli, 22 February 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#7 LKH

LKH

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 23,252 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Typical ebay BS. Let's go after the sellers but do nothing about the buyers who bid items up, win and then don't pay That part is ok by ebay.

#8 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Typical ebay BS. Let's go after the sellers but do nothing about the buyers who bid items up, win and then don't pay That part is ok by ebay.

That's what I was noticing when I was surfing through their "customer care" section. It was all about protecting the buyer..... :mellow:

#9 mk_378

mk_378
  • Members
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

The buyer did pay. The scam now is that they'll receive the goods but claim they never did and get their money back.

#10 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

As an occasional buyer on Ebay, I don't understand why feedback is only made by the buyer, and not the seller. That isn't fair at all. I'm not even a seller on there, but can see how that screws the seller over.

#11 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

As an occasional buyer on Ebay, I don't understand why feedback is only made by the buyer, and not the seller. That isn't fair at all. I'm not even a seller on there, but can see how that screws the seller over.

the few times ove brought on ebay the seller has left ne feedback. maybe because it was one of those indivual sellers and.not power seller?

#12 LogicalNoMore

LogicalNoMore
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Logic, yup that's how ebay works now before you hit so many transactions I believe.

Thank you for the clarification. Gosh makes one wonder why the need to pay so fast then. I do, but if the seller isn't really getting the money at that point...it goes where?? To Ebay first? Sorry that just doesn't sit well when the buyer and seller are the ones responsible for the transaction...NOT ebay.

I think there is a better playing field for buyers and sellers. I disagree though on the feedback process. Sellers deserve to have their fair share of comments on a buyer.

#13 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thank you for the clarification. Gosh makes one wonder why the need to pay so fast then. I do, but if the seller isn't really getting the money at that point...it goes where?? To Ebay first? Sorry that just doesn't sit well when the buyer and seller are the ones responsible for the transaction...NOT ebay.

I think there is a better playing field for buyers and sellers. I disagree though on the feedback process. Sellers deserve to have their fair share of comments on a buyer.

I do too. Like I said the few times I've brought items on ebay the seller has left feedback.. makes me wonder if it just a fluke or nice seller lol. I don't think feedback should be held "hostage" like that. I always leave prompt feedback once I get my package and everything has arrived safe and sound. In fact, I'm searching for a roller camera bag at the moment... I don't feel like paying 200-300 bucks for one lol, and apparently even on ebay they are 300 bucks...a bit out of my price range.

Edited by beli, 22 February 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#14 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

I left my buyer feedback and it shows up on her page. It's her only feedback......

#15 JessieLyn

JessieLyn
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

I did not read the other comments but you might be being effected by the new ebay rules... Some sellers are having the funds from their sales held from 21-180 DAYS to try to prevent charge backs, refunds, fraud and other issues.

I think it's BS but it's what they are doing to a lot of sellers, old and new to the site. Not everyone is being effected though.

#16 JessieLyn

JessieLyn
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

the few times ove brought on ebay the seller has left ne feedback. maybe because it was one of those indivual sellers and.not power seller?

My husband used my ebay acct to purchase a few things and I have 3 feedbacks from the sellers, none of them are "power sellers" but have a ribbon on their auctions by their names saying "Top Rated Seller" and both have ebay stores. I think it's crap that some sellers can't leave feedback. Kinda defeats the purpose... Cause then other sellers can't see if the buyer is a repeat non-payer or something.

And to the original poster:

http://pages.ebay.co...ns/pending.html and http://pages.ebay.co...yment_hold.html is all I could find on ebay's site. But I had googled it myself about 2 months ago when someone else told me about the hold.

#17 Seabee

Seabee
  • Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

I left my buyer feedback and it shows up on her page. It's her only feedback......

Does that mean she's received the dress and you've received your payment? If not, I hope it doesn't end up to be a scam. I rarely use eBay any more, but I never leave feedback until the transaction is 100% complete.

#18 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

My husband used my ebay acct to purchase a few things and I have 3 feedbacks from the sellers, none of them are "power sellers" but have a ribbon on their auctions by their names saying "Top Rated Seller" and both have ebay stores. I think it's crap that some sellers can't leave feedback. Kinda defeats the purpose... Cause then other sellers can't see if the buyer is a repeat non-payer or something.

http://pages.ebay.co...ns/pending.html and http://pages.ebay.co...yment_hold.html is all I could find on ebay's site. But I had googled it myself about 2 months ago when someone else told me about the hold.

I agree.. it use to be that sellers always left feedback once they got the notification that you paid. (course it was always deposited into their accounts right away or within the 1-3 day window by PayPal)the 21-180 days thing I thought it was for new sellers. I remember there was a big stink about it a year or so ago when they started it up or has it been two already?

#19 JessieLyn

JessieLyn
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I agree.. it use to be that sellers always left feedback once they got the notification that you paid. (course it was always deposited into their accounts right away or within the 1-3 day window by PayPal)the 21-180 days thing I thought it was for new sellers. I remember there was a big stink about it a year or so ago when they started it up or has it been two already?

I dunno how long it's been this way for cause I was offline for a while. But I googled it before and read a lot of posts from experienced sellers who were being effected too. It sucks really. Some people need the money quick and think it'll be the best option and to have to wait that long is nuts.

#20 orangecrush

orangecrush

Goddess of the Jacksonville Tourism Bureau

• Members
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

It is my understanding that feedback can be left by either buyer or seller. Sellers simply can't leave negative feedback.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.