Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Gardening..... Please explain

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

I have been trying to find a thread that can advise me on "gardening", but wasnt able to find anything. Would you please instruct me on how to understand this concept. Thanks in advance for your input.

#2 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Use contextual hints.

Pay your plants every month then sit around watching them grow.

#3 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

LOL, well I think that's just one side of gardening. That concept understand. Now, I am wanting to understand the uprooting part of gardening.

#4 foeplay

foeplay

Bump Influence IV

• Members
  • 7,248 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

LOL, well I think that's just one side of gardening. That concept understand. Now, I am wanting to understand the uprooting part of gardening.

credit limit increases on the tomato plants you are watering

#5 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Okay, I understand the watering concept of gardening, but when is it time to uproot? I recall someone saying that you have to uproot the slow growing ones to make sure the other plants can really flourish. So when is the best time to uproot?

Edited by disnugaswagg, 21 February 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#6 Link2k

Link2k
  • Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

I'd assume it depends. Cards with an AF you can't get waived uproot those first, once you have better cards of course.

#7 1234

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

:lol:

#8 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

I'd assume it depends. Cards with an AF you can't get waived uproot those first, once you have better cards of course.

Okay, now i see where we are going now .... lol. Wow!! Ok, so cards with AF, then the high interest ones. Do you need to do this after a year or can it be done after 6 months? Also, should department store cards get the boot as well? My reason for asking was because my Scorewatch alert stated that my store cards are affecting my overall FICO score? But the crazy part is that the utilization overall is under 10%.

#9 Repairerer

Repairerer

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

Why care about APR if you never carry a balance?

#10 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

I always care about the APR because cards with high APR rates are sub-prime to me, no matter what bank it may be. Also, I would rather get rid of the high APR cards to see more growth in the low APR cards I currently have.

#11 Repairerer

Repairerer

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

The cards offering the best rewards often have relatively high APRs.

#12 Link2k

Link2k
  • Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

+1

If you want to finance something wait for a promotional BT offer and get the rewards and transfer it for the low APR.

Edited by Link2k, 21 February 2012 - 12:53 AM.

#13 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Ummm.... that's not good news... I did not know that.

#14 Repairerer

Repairerer

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

It is just fine news.

1. Never carry CC debt

2. Put your regular expenses through rewards cards and PIF

3. Profit!

#15 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

2 and 3 I have been doing, but 1 I have not. It seems the card that I keep a balance on has had larger credit increases than the ones that I PIF. I think that when I do a little gardening over the next few months. I will pay all my credit cards off and just use my business credit cards. That way, hopefully, I can really see the full affect of PIF.

#16 crtt

crtt
  • Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

remove toy cards the low limit ones and AF esp. low limit ad annual fee. orchard, hooters, etc... i'm about to start the garden process very soon also.
and u will get new cards with higher ad higher limits as you garden.

higher limits will get you higher limets

#17 vickpr

vickpr
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Okay, now i see where we are going now .... lol. Wow!! Ok, so cards with AF, then the high interest ones. Do you need to do this after a year or can it be done after 6 months? Also, should department store cards get the boot as well? My reason for asking was because my Scorewatch alert stated that my store cards are affecting my overall FICO score? But the crazy part is that the utilization overall is under 10%.

From what I remember, someone was saying that you do it after about 24 months for no fee cards. Something about CRAs showing only the last 24 months of payment history...

#18 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

From what I remember, someone was saying that you do it after about 24 months for no fee cards. Something about CRAs showing only the last 24 months of payment history...

Ok, this is the subject I needed clarity. Do it has to be 24 months or less? Most of my cards are approaching the year and I looking to build more prime products. Prime meaning, cards with higher limits and lower APR. I do like rewards, which I use my Discover More and Amex Business Gold, so Im not looking for any more reward cards.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.