Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Yeah....so I live in the land of tightazz yahoos

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Background: DD has a gymnastics meet in Orlando May 31 - June 1 (well, actually Lake Buena Vista...whatever)

I just received this email from the president of our gymnastics boosters......

In doing some research for the Disney meet, it has come to our attention that during the same time that the Disney meet will be going on, Orlando will be having Gay Days. This is not a Disney sanctioned event, however, there are events on the itinerary that will take place on the Disney properties.

In making plans, we will need to know who will be going to the meet and who will not. This is a national meet and is NOT mandatory in any way. Please email me as to your plans ASAP so that decisions can be made.

FYI--- as an option, you may opt out of the Disney meet and put that money toward summer camp or the regional meet if your child makes the state team.

:rolleyes:

Seriously?

#2 dawniedawn67

dawniedawn67
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I would play stupid and email back:

"I don't understand - why would there be a problem? I think it's nice that Orlando has time set aside to celebrate happiness."

#3 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I might do one better........I am considering suggesting that they order new leotards for the event....

Maybe this one:

Posted Image

:lol:

then again....many of them can run faster than I can....and tar and feathers are in ample supply around here. (or worse yet, they won't understand the significance of the rainbow colored leo)

#4 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Ok....is this too......much? (i.e., will I be drop kicked out to the boosters for sending this?)

Dear M,
I don't know if Angel's group is scheduled for this meet or not (I had thought it was for the higher level gymnasts). But if bronze is scheduled to go, I don't have a deal with it being Gay Days.

Life (like it or not) is about diversity. I would hate to see children excluded from competing due to homophobic hysteria.

Sincerely,
Tigz

#5 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Ok....is this too......much? (i.e., will I be drop kicked out to the boosters for sending this?)

Dear M,
I don't know if Angel's group is scheduled for this meet or not (I had thought it was for the higher level gymnasts). But if bronze is scheduled to go, I don't have a deal with it being Gay Days.

Life (like it or not) is about diversity. I would hate to see children excluded from competing due to homophobic hysteria.

Sincerely,
Tigz

Nah. I'd go with Dawnie's suggestion.

Hi Crazy Lady-

Not sure I follow - what is the concern?

Thanks!!
Tigz

#6 dawniedawn67

dawniedawn67
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Dear M,

Sincerely,
Tigz

I like it.

I think I'd also add "Oh, I'm not worried - Angel had the Gay vaccine when she was a baby, so she doesn't have to worry about catching it." :lol:

#7 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Disgusting, isn't it? It's like we've reverted back to the dark ages.

I think your letter is good. Tactful and direct.

#8 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Dear M,

Life (like it or not) is about diversity. I would hate to see children excluded from competing due to homophobic hysterical assholes.

Sincerely,
Tigz

There, Just had to touch it up a wee bit.

#9 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence <3

• Mod Squad
  • 27,638 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Dear M,

Life (like it or not) is about diversity. I would hate to see children excluded from competing due to homophobic hysterical assholes.

Sincerely,
Tigz

There, Just had to touch it up a wee bit.

edited for clarity.

:good:

#10 Nostromo

Nostromo
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Dear M,

Sincerely,
Tigz

Nah. I'd go with Dawnie's suggestion.

Hi Crazy Lady-

Not sure I follow - what is the concern?

Thanks!!
Tigz

+1

#11 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'd tell them this;

Dear __________

I know, my extended family is coming into Orlando for that in support of my cousin, Bobby, who just came out.

We're going to join up with them, and don't think that the scheduled meet will interfere.

#12 TheBanker

TheBanker
  • Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

I would say:

"Dear Whoever,

I think it's great that you're supporting your husband in Gay Days, and it's too bad the schedule conflicts with the gymnastics meet. I'll miss seeing you there, but I know you won't be making it for a great cause."

:angel:

#13 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

Well, it looks like they are going to cancel out. From what I understand, just about ever parent in bronze has said they won't go.

Oh well, I hate Orlando in the summer anyway. I usually avoid it like the plague between May and September.

#14 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

:rolleyes: Georgia.

#15 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

I might do one better........I am considering suggesting that they order new leotards for the event....

Maybe this one:

Posted Image

:lol:

then again....many of them can run faster than I can....and tar and feathers are in ample supply around here. (or worse yet, they won't understand the significance of the rainbow colored leo)

R. Stones: "She's a rainbow"

Have you seen her all in gold,
Like a queen in days of old?
She shoots colours all around
like a sunset going down.
Have you seen a lady fairer.

Edited by cashnocredit, 21 February 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#16 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:38 AM

How to teach shameless bigotry and hatred to a new generation. Tell little girls they are going to Disney world. <granted to compete>. Then get their parents to tell them they can't go because a culture they don't know exists, let alone understand, is choosing roughly the same time period to celebrate their right to exist.

"So I am not allowed to go to Disney World because of gay people? I hate gay people! - Yes honey, that's the way, hate, hate until your soul has withed to dust, and your heart grown small and cold as a lump of coal, Mommy and Daddy want you to be just like us".

You know, the worst thing is I don't even get it. Are they accusing all homosexuals of being pedophiles? Do they think that GBL is a communicable disease? Are they saying that there will be gay people having sex in the streets? If they hadn't mentioned it, nobody would have even known it was happening!

I don't know what angers me more. That they think people are this bigoted... or that they are probably right.

#17 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Guh, the WHOLE team canceled out. I had figured it was just my group (the bronze team has the youngest kids), but none of the older girls are going either.

Le Sigh....

I am starting to wonder if I am the only parent that doesn't have an issue with it.

Or rather....maybe I am the only parent who does have an issue with it....because I think it is stupid to deprive the kids a chance to compete.

#18 i8thegreenbean

i8thegreenbean
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

I have zero tolerance toward closed-minded bigots. In all honesty, I would probably consider looking for a different gymnastics studio.

#19 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

I have zero tolerance toward closed-minded bigots. In all honesty, I would probably consider looking for a different gymnastics studio.

This. I have no time for that BS.

#20 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Unfortunately, they are the only game in town... And quite frankly, they are less bigoted than the one in the nearest city.

Its a "southern thing" Unless we go to Atlanta (which is over 2 hours away).

Edited by Tigz, 21 February 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#21 i8thegreenbean

i8thegreenbean
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Unfortunately, they are the only game in town... And quite frankly, they are less bigoted than the one in the nearest city.

I get the 'Southern thing', but I don't embrace it. I grew up in Texas, and my family would sell out a stadium if tickets were sold for closed-minded bigotry, racism, and anti-government tirades. <_<

Out of curiosity, what reasons are the children being given for the cancellation of this event?

#22 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence <3

• Mod Squad
  • 27,638 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I get the 'Southern thing', but I don't embrace it. I grew up in Texas, and my family would sell out a stadium if tickets were sold for closed-minded bigotry, racism, and anti-government tirades. <_<

Some of those tirades are needed.

Bigotry and racism shouldn't even be included with the above as they're not even related with the same mind-set. ;)

#23 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence <3

• Mod Squad
  • 27,638 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Likely the parents were upfront and relayed their own bigotry onto the kids, which is how the cycle continues :(

#24 i8thegreenbean

i8thegreenbean
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Some of those tirades are needed.

Bigotry and racism shouldn't even be included with the above as they're not even related with the same mind-set. ;)

Wish my family understood this. Sadly, they ARE related when describing my family. I can't explain further without breaking TOS, suffice to say I moved 1500 miles away for a reason. <_<

#25 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Out of curiosity, what reasons are the children being given for the cancellation of this event?

I have no idea of what the other parents are telling their girls. I told my daughter the truth.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.