Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

job interview tomorrow - this should be fun

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

It's for a support position in the administrative office of a neighboring school district. The highlights:

- it's a group interview (3-4 interviewees per group)
- they give you all the questions that will be asked, in advance (at the door)
- the instructions actually remind you not to repeat someone else's answer on your turn. :rofl:

They actually emailed out the first interview question today so that we can come prepared (emphasis as written!):

"Describe your background and work experience, and specifically how your background qualifies you for this position. The interview has not reviewed your resume/application. Please keep your response to three minutes, you will be timed."

I feel like I'm on a game show. :lol:

#2 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Group interview? I'd pass.. but thats just me. I'm nervous enough one-one. Only time I've had group interviews when there were two or three people that did the interview, not the other way around.

#3 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Group interview? I'd pass.. but thats just me. I'm nervous enough one-one. Only time I've had group interviews when there were two or three people that did the interview, not the other way around.

Apparently, you can afford to be more discriminating than others. :lol:

VE, that sounds ridiculous. Timing? Hilarious. Good luck :rofl:

#4 blackberry74

blackberry74
  • Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

That actually sounds fabulous...it appeals to my super competitive nature. I'd hope to go last on every question so I can be sure to one-up everybody else right in their faces. :rofl:

#5 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

The job itself is kind of whatever, but the hours are to die for. Out by 3 p.m during the school year, and half days during the summer? Yes please!

Do you think I should say that in my interview? :rofl:

#6 Sniper762

Sniper762
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

I double dare to smack an imaginary button then answer in the form of question.

#7 5ofus

5ofus
  • Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

I double dare to smack an imaginary button then answer in the form of question.

I triple dog dare you.

:rofl:

#8 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Dare you to infinity. Bonus points if you bring along the buzzer from Taboo and buzz people after 3 minutes.

#9 5ofus

5ofus
  • Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

$100 for video. :mellow:

#10 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Good Luck VE!

We want updates!

#11 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

How did it go? What were the other interviewees like? Were they really competitive?

#12 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

I actually like group interviews for the specific reason that I can show why I am better not only to those interviewing me but to those I am competing against.

All of my interviews have been group panel selections (more than one interviewer and more than one interviewee) at my current company. We like those, I guess.

#13 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

First, I looooved getting the interview questions in advance. That's genius.

Second, I guess I did okay because I HAVE A SECOND INTERVIEW ON FRIDAY!!! :yahoo:

#14 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Second, I guess I did okay because I HAVE A SECOND INTERVIEW ON FRIDAY!!! :yahoo:

:yahoo: :yahoo:

#15 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

Good luck!

#16 gottaluvya

gottaluvya
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

awesome! good luck! :D

#17 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

I got an email with the first two interview questions for tomorrow. Holy ish. The first one is kind of vague and generic, but the second one....

"Scenario: You return from lunch break to find the following 4 messages in your voicemail (insert detailed messages here, all "urgent" in nature). In addition, you are the only staff in the office, you are working on a project that requires intense focus and concentration, and an angry parent walks in just as your phone rings. How would you address each of these issues?"

:blink:

I can only imagine what the subsequent 6 or 8 questions are going to be like. :unsure:

Edited by VibrantEcho, 23 February 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#18 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I got an email with the first two interview questions for tomorrow. Holy ish. The first one is kind of vague and generic, but the second one....

"Scenario: You return from lunch break to find the following 4 messages in your voicemail (insert detailed messages here, all "urgent" in nature). In addition, you are the only staff in the office, you are working on a project that requires intense focus and concentration, and an angry parent walks in just as your phone rings. How would you address each of these issues?"

:blink:

I can only imagine what the subsequent 6 or 8 questions are going to be like. :unsure:

I would address the angry parent first, and then deal with the phone messages. Once done, I will get back to the project that needs focus. When dealing with the angry parent, if I get a call, I will let the voice mail pick it up. This is not to agitate the angry parent.

#19 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Update (of sorts): I had to call and cancel this morning after waking up in the middle of the night violently ill. :(

I'm going to email and ask about possibly rescheduling for Monday, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

#20 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Update (of sorts): I had to call and cancel this morning after waking up in the middle of the night violently ill. :(

I'm going to email and ask about possibly rescheduling for Monday, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hope your feeling better... as far as the 2nd scenario, I'd do the same thing Krish said.. deal with te angry parent first, let the phone call go to vm etc.

#21 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Definitely out of the running on this one, BUT there's a similar job (actually sounds more interesting, and slightly better paying since it doesn't go to part time in the summer) that I can still get my name in for, as soon as I can get to a real computer. So there's that.

ETA: not to mention the four other resumes I sent out this weekend (after I stopped being dead). ;)

Edited by VibrantEcho, 27 February 2012 - 12:38 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.