Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

mom charged...damned if ya do , damned if ya dont

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,633 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

sorry, I remember the days when it was a 10 mile bus ride to school,

and if you got into a fight, the bus driver would kick you butt off then and there -

put you out on the road. no matter the weather.

and our bus driver was a deputy sherriff to boot.

mind you , that was only for the jr high and HS kids

don't remember that he would kick a 10 year old off.

we were all in fear of this dude.

and we were all like, country kids - this wasn't intown or city schools.

#52 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Making your kid walk gets a charge, but a dirty redneck shooting up a computer gets praise. I no longer want to live in this country. It's embarrassing.

That "dirty redneck" honorably served this country as a Marine.

If you don't want to live in this country, the Canadian border is close to you.

I couldn't care less if he was a marine. They're people too, and can be just as stupid as anyone else. Probably worse, because they think they're owed something and can get away with it. Anyone who has a temper like that, and then wonders why their daughter is like that, has to be lacking come core gray matter between the ears.

This woman? I see nothing wrong with what she did. Her own child sees nothing wrong with what she did. She wanted to teach her kid a lesson. The redneck just wanted his five minutes of fame.

You're a fucking moron.

I actually agree with most of what BDF said.

Pam, with all due respect, if you want us to debate issues like adults, and not throw personal insults at one another, don't you think it's fair we get the same courtesy from you? For the record, having an opposing opinion doesn't make us morons...it just means we have a different opinion than you. No harm done. :)

Nos,

There are so many reasons besides this particular post of BDF's that make him a fucking moron, and no, he does not deserve any courtesy from me.

However, when he says that someone/anyone who has served in the Marines thinks that they're owed something and can get away with it.... that makes him(BDF) the biggest fucking moron of all. Unless he is willing to put himself on the line for his country, and do so honorably and with dignity, and realize that no .... not one veteran or active duty military member that I know* thinks that they are owed ANYTHING from any of the idiotic imbecilic fucking morons out there. Idiotic fucking morons who refuse to realize that if it weren't for those who ARE willing to put their lives on the line every day to keep people like him living in a nice, free, democracy instead of in a not-so-lovely dictatorship where he might get shot for being so stupid. Cause G-d fucking knows if I was the dictator, he'd have been shot a long time ago for being a juvenile asshat.

*After almost 18 years of marriage to a man who served in the military for 22 years, the number of veterans and active duty military that I know is pretty high.

As for the rest.....

Yeah, sorry - fair has never been a part of my playbook here. It's the one perk that I get for all the crap that I have to put up with both on-board and behind the scenes .... and I really don't have to explain or defend myself to you or to anyone else. BTDT, search the archives, it all boils down to: my house. Like it or leave it. For any other questions, see our disclaimer that is on the footer of every single page.

The biggest thing you can take away from this post is that it will not ever be acceptable to come on here and generally slam those who serve in our military in blanket, general, derogatory statements. Period.

I know this will shock everyone but I am on the side of BDF and Nos. I get it is Pam's board and when it is your board it is your rules but I disagree that BDF's particular statement here makes him a moron.

Shocking would be if I cared whose side you were on. See above for any further information you might need.

#53 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Holy Isht, Sugar. :rofl:

:wub:

#54 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

It's like I told GEORGE that Walmart sucks, red letters and all :rofl: :rofl:

#55 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think you need a break, Pam. There really is no need to be so riled up over another person's opinion.

#56 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Actually, she can get riled up about whatever she likes. I think that was the point of her post.

You, me, Nos, grace kelly in a top-hat, can think and feel anyways we like... but if we should find ourselves attempting to piss up Pam's rope, we're going to be in for a rude awakening. It's not really our hard work that built this website's reputation over the years, so it really doesn't matter what we think. Make sense now?

Frosty, what you said was dickish and immature. That's what I think. Not that it matters, because I am not the owner of said board.

:mellow:

#57 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Nem, where in my post did I say she can't get riled up? I said there was no need to, which there is not.

Good Lord ya'll are on a trip around here.

#58 Fataliya

Fataliya
  • Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

I like feisty Pam. Pretty sure I want to have her babies. :wub:

#59 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

"He who angers you, conquers you."

#60 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Y'all have been around here long enough to know that I was neither riled up nor angry.

Me riled up and/or angry involves bannings, board blowing up, etc., not anything so mild as large red letters.

#61 LogicalNoMore

LogicalNoMore
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hmmmm... I actually don't know how I feel about this.

Same :lol:

In theory, I don't hate it. I think 4.5 miles is a bit far for that age, but it sure won't kill him.

I guess it would really depend on the area and the safety of where the kid was walking. If it was a sketchy area, or the road was super busy, etc, I'd probably follow in my car if possible. :dntknw:

I concur with being on the fence. Maybe because safety is an issue ..with areas of town and the weather conditions.
A "displinary act" can be done in a way that gets the message across without jeopardizing the childs safety or well being. Since I do not have knowledge of this area...nor knowledge of the maturity of the ten year old...I stay unsure that the Mother did the right thing...I take it there was no father in this matter to aide in the Mothers' decision for this form of "lesson"? Sometimes feedback from other adults can help to see the whole picture before setting out a course of action. ANd sometimes kids do so enjoy testing the boundaries.... So On the fence I stay.

#62 Creditchick

Creditchick
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

:blink:

#63 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

I think the mother should be in jail for making her 10 year old son walk 5 miles by himself. What a stupid, irresponsible b**ch.

It's no wonder how some kids turn out. The parents have no conflict resolution skills, basically suck at parenting, and then when the kid gets older and acts out, they don't have the creativity or maturity to discipline in a responsible manner.

Even in the middle of podunk, hickville rural NY we have 6 sex offenders within a few miles of my home. I can't even imagine how many are on that kid's route to school.

#64 Fallon

Fallon

Thing One

• Mod Squad
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I think the mother should be in jail for making her 10 year old son walk 5 miles by himself. What a stupid, irresponsible b**ch.

It's no wonder how some kids turn out. The parents have no conflict resolution skills, basically suck at parenting, and then when the kid gets older and acts out, they don't have the creativity or maturity to discipline in a responsible manner.

Even in the middle of podunk, hickville rural NY we have 6 sex offenders within a few miles of my home. I can't even imagine how many are on that kid's route to school.

For real? Honestly? Conflict resolution skills? :warning:

It's exactly that kind of wishy-washy, mealy-mouthed, liberal, mamby-pamby, "oh poor little johnny's self esteem is mucho important so we'll tell him he's smart even if he doesn't know that 1+1=2 and who cares if he can read" parenting ideals that have resulted in the deteriorated state of our children. Their lack of respect for authority across the board and entitlement attitude comes from not being whooped enough during their formative years. Back when parents and teachers and friends/relatives/neighbors could and did give a child a much needed smack on the rear you didn't have near as many mouthy, bratty, "life isn't fair" @$^%head children. People need to be a little less concerned with building their child's self-esteem in the absence of any real achievement and more concerned with coming up with some other punishment than "time out". As evidenced by the current crop of youngsters, time out just ain't working.

Oh, and to the other issue. Former marine publicly chastising his daughter and shooting a laptop = bad, but mother punishing her child making him walk 4.5 miles to school = good? Seriously?

:wub: Pam :wub:

Edited by Fallon, 23 February 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#65 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

For real? Honestly? Conflict resolution skills? :warning:

It's exactly that kind of wishy-washy, mealy-mouthed, liberal, mamby-pamby, "oh poor little johnny's self esteem is mucho important so we'll tell him he's smart even if he doesn't know that 1+1=2 and who cares if he can read" parenting ideals that have resulted in the deteriorated state of our children. Their lack of respect for authority across the board and entitlement attitude comes from not being whooped enough during their formative years. Back when parents and teachers and friends/relatives/neighbors could and did give a child a much needed smack on the rear you didn't have near as many mouthy, bratty, "life isn't fair" @$^%head children. People need to be a little less concerned with building their child's self-esteem in the absence of any real achievement and more concerned with coming up with some other punishment than "time out". As evidenced by the current crop of youngsters, time out just ain't working.

Oh, and to the other issue. Former marine publicly chastising his daughter and shooting a laptop = bad, but mother punishing her child making him walk 4.5 miles to school = good? Seriously?

:wub: Pam :wub:

Why is that when I see you have posted that I assume the post is closed? j/k

I agree. To a certain extent. BUT with that said? My kid wouldn't make it to being 3 times kicked off the bus. Before the third time? I'd bust her azz GOOD and if it reached that third time? She'd be homeschooled sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. And she'd be happy to do that, cuz it would be some serious azz whooping time.....

But that's me and apparantly, this mom had had enough of her kid's BS.

#66 JessieLyn

JessieLyn
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

There is nothing wrong with what this woman did. If my kids did that I sure as heck wouldn't be late for work or shoving all the kids in the car to drive the one to school cause they messed up. If this happened to me when I was a kid, my mother would have made me walk in a heartbeat.

Society is turning our kids into soft, weak, babied humans who won't function well later in life. It's sad.

#67 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

I think that the determining factor should be the environment in which he had to walk.

Did he have to walk through a high crime district?
Did he have to walk along or cross a freeway?
What was the weather like? (for example freezing cold or 105 in the shade)

But then again, all Somer Thompson did was run ahead of her group. :cry2:

All Adam Walsh did was walk outside of a store. :cry2:

All Jorelys Rivera did was leave to go get something to drink at a friends house. :cry2:

#68 JessieLyn

JessieLyn
  • Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think that the determining factor should be the environment in which he had to walk.

Did he have to walk through a high crime district?
Did he have to walk along or cross a freeway?
What was the weather like? (for example freezing cold or 105 in the shade)

But then again, all Somer Thompson did was run ahead of her group. :cry2:

All Adam Walsh did was walk outside of a store. :cry2:

All Jorelys Rivera did was leave to go get something to drink at a friends house. :cry2:

Googled the weather there for that day, "mostly sunny" and 52 degrees. Really not terrible weather for walking. I doubt any parent would have their kid walk in hazardous weather. Dunno what the area there is like though.

Kids get snatched from their own yards while playing and from grocery stores too. Not bashing the points you made and the particular cases you pointed out, cause I agree, It can happen anywhere and anytime to anyone... but we can't glue our kids to our bodies and be with them every millisecond of the day. It's awful that it happens but it happens.... Kids go missing walking 30 feet to a neighbors house or less than that to get into a car... Or even from inside their own homes. There is no guarantee against the lunatics who abduct children. They will do it anytime, any place and you never know when it will happen.

They picked this kid up within a few blocks of his home, not miles and miles away but a few BLOCKS. That is absurd. What if he wanted to walk a few blocks to the store to get food... The cops would pick him up for that too???

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.