Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

mom charged...damned if ya do , damned if ya dont

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 i8thegreenbean

i8thegreenbean
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Making your kid walk gets a charge, but a dirty redneck shooting up a computer gets praise. I no longer want to live in this country. It's embarrassing.

That "dirty redneck" honorably served this country as a Marine.

If you don't want to live in this country, the Canadian border is close to you.

I couldn't care less if he was a marine. They're people too, and can be just as stupid as anyone else. Probably worse, because they think they're owed something and can get away with it. Anyone who has a temper like that, and then wonders why their daughter is like that, has to be lacking come core gray matter between the ears.

This woman? I see nothing wrong with what she did. Her own child sees nothing wrong with what she did. She wanted to teach her kid a lesson. The redneck just wanted his five minutes of fame.

You're a fucking moron.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. I'm not overly aware of the rules on this site, and have been biting my tongue regarding this dipstick.

#27 i8thegreenbean

i8thegreenbean
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

between Pam & i8thegreenbean, Im just bubbling with joy.... who needs a husband when I could have those 2 chicks

:blush2:

#28 blackberry74

blackberry74
  • Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#29 Snork Maiden

Snork Maiden

Mouthy Russian

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

:rofl:

I hope it gets thrown out. I really hope the courts have better things to do.

#30 Ladybug

Ladybug
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Making your kid walk gets a charge, but a dirty redneck shooting up a computer gets praise. I no longer want to live in this country. It's embarrassing.

I couldn't care less if he was a marine. They're people too, and can be just as stupid as anyone else. Probably worse, because they think they're owed something and can get away with it. Anyone who has a temper like that, and then wonders why their daughter is like that, has to be lacking come core gray matter between the ears.

This woman? I see nothing wrong with what she did. Her own child sees nothing wrong with what she did. She wanted to teach her kid a lesson. The redneck just wanted his five minutes of fame.

You're a fucking moron.

Ho. Lee. Sheet. Pammie. YOU are the chick *I'd* leave *my* husband for. :blush2:

4.5 miles is a bit much, to my way of thinking, but I'm with this momma. She's awesome.

#31 orangecrush

orangecrush

Goddess of the Jacksonville Tourism Bureau

• Members
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

:unsure: :unsure:

#32 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

I walked to/from school plenty. It didn't kill me. Granted I was walking the ~4 miles in high school (junior high was more like 1), but meh.

I *personally* don't think I'd go this route (or if I did, I'd be following in my cad), but hey. He learned his lesson.

#33 dilligaf

dilligaf
  • Members
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

You're a fucking moron.

:clapping:

I love you Pam!

#34 jolla

jolla
  • Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Having to walk is a natural consequence of losing bus priviliges. He's not made of spun sugar, he won't melt in the rain.

#35 orangecrush

orangecrush

• Members
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Having to walk is a natural consequence of losing bus priviliges. He's not made of spun sugar, he won't melt in the rain.

:lol:

#36 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

:rofl:

#37 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

You're a fucking moron.

Oh look. Shocking. Something somethnig about a pot and a kettle... :rolleyes:

#38 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,496 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

You're a fucking moron.

Oh look. Shocking. Something somethnig about a pot and a kettle... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#39 Nostromo

Nostromo
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

You're a fucking moron.

I actually agree with most of what BDF said.

Pam, with all due respect, if you want us to debate issues like adults, and not throw personal insults at one another, don't you think it's fair we get the same courtesy from you? For the record, having an opposing opinion doesn't make us morons...it just means we have a different opinion than you. No harm done. :)

ETA: not sure about how I feel about this. I have no problem making him walk 4.5 miles. But I think I'd feel more comfortable with it if it weren't so cold. Still, I don't think she should be charged with anything.

Just my .02

Edited by Nostromo, 17 February 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#40 i8thegreenbean

i8thegreenbean
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I know I was offended by the term 'Redneck', considering I'm a proud reformed-redneck myself. :mellow:

#41 orangecrush

orangecrush

• Members
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

#42 orangecrush

orangecrush

• Members
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I know I was offended by the term 'Redneck', considering I'm a proud reformed-redneck myself. :mellow:

:huh: There is no such thing as a reformed redneck. You may hide your redneckedness, but it is still lurking about in your DNA.

#43 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

:huh: There is no such thing as a reformed redneck. You may hide your redneckedness, but it is still lurking about in your DNA.

Truth. All it'll take is a few drinks and some Patsy Cline to bring it out. :grin:

#44 i8thegreenbean

i8thegreenbean
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

That's not what my momma claimed when she sent me to Charm School for 3 years. :glare: She said it'd be gone for-evah.

#45 Credit Please

Credit Please

Self-Proclaimed Georgia's Queen of CB

• Members
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

I wonder if the kid was "obesity challenged" I believe is the correct terminology and if that would have made a difference. I remember walking more than 2 miles to school all kinds of weather dangerous dogs sometimes would get loose and chase us, fear of getting jumped by gangs of kids. From age 9 until 12 feared everything. Saved from walking, who'd have thunk.

#46 orangecrush

orangecrush

• Members
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I wonder if the kid was "obesity challenged" I believe is the correct terminology and if that would have made a difference. I remember walking more than 2 miles to school all kinds of weather dangerous dogs sometimes would get loose and chase us, fear of getting jumped by gangs of kids. From age 9 until 12 feared everything. Saved from walking, who'd have thunk.

What the???!!! "obesity challenged"???!!!! Are you trying to say that he was fat? A member of Team Chunk?

#47 hhh

hhh
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

What the???!!! "obesity challenged"???!!!! Are you trying to say that he was fat? A member of Team Chunk?

If he is fat then he has another reason to walk more.

I don't see the problem here.

#48 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Things have changed since I was a kid. That wouldn't have been completely unheard of back then. Whe I was 6 I had to take a trolley to school in the first grade. It involved catching the right trolley that stopped near the school as well as about a 1/4 mile walk at each end. When I was 10 I had a bike and rode all over town on it. I had to walk to school though as there was no place to lock up the bike but it was only about a mile.

Still, the sort of walk the kid was supposed to make borders on the unreasonable. It would have been unreasonable back then though I doubt there would have been any action aginst the parents at that time. What I don't understand is how a 10 y/o would be picked up after walking only a few blocks. This seems pretty strange, even today. However, what they did after finding out how far the kid had to go seems pretty reasonable.

#49 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

I actually agree with most of what BDF said.

Pam, with all due respect, if you want us to debate issues like adults, and not throw personal insults at one another, don't you think it's fair we get the same courtesy from you? For the record, having an opposing opinion doesn't make us morons...it just means we have a different opinion than you. No harm done. :)

ETA: not sure about how I feel about this. I have no problem making him walk 4.5 miles. But I think I'd feel more comfortable with it if it weren't so cold. Still, I don't think she should be charged with anything.

Just my .02

I know this will shock everyone but I am on the side of BDF and Nos. I get it is Pam's board and when it is your board it is your rules but I disagree that BDF's particular statement here makes him a moron.

While I don't agree with his stance on that guy, I do agree that it is POSSIBLE for a member of the Marines to do stupid isht. They are human, after all. Are we really going to just excuse all behavior if you serve your country? Because if that is the case, I will be expecting a good number of child abusers, killers, rapists, burglars, drug users, etc to be let out of jail since at one point their served their country and therefore all behavior should be excused.

As for this chick? Nothing wrong with what she did. The police however clearly acted like a fool.

#50 Tealeaf

Tealeaf
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

I don't see what FB dude being in the military has to do with anything. As a non parent I don't think what she did was wrong but would more ppl be upset if it was a little girl that was told to walk 5 miles alone.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.