Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

My Paid Student Loan Situation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SlimCookie

SlimCookie
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

So here is my situation.....

I had one student loan for $1,000 roughly and didn't pay on time. I then recently (08/2011) decided to call into DOE and see what I could do. The lady told me that I was just a few days of going to a collection agency. She said I called in at the right time and that she could pull the loan back to DOE and I could setup installments, so I did. I made one installment payment and then I paid the rest in full. Does anything happen once it has been paid? I have heard that they possibly will report it being positive. What is weird is that I had two entries on my credit report. I have attached 2 photos of my credit report from my USAA credit monitoring service which show the status of my account.

I called back into DOE around 2 months ago and the guy told me that the loan wasn't handled correctly and he had fixed it and to allow a month to fix itself. I would really like to either see this account deleted or show positive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 LynnInMN

LynnInMN

CB Student Loan Guru

• Forum Leads
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Your loan was defaulted. You paid a collection account. It will not report positive nor will it be deleted.

#3 DBC

DBC
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

I have a somewhat similar problem.

Don't you appreciate the encouraging response? :rolleyes:

#4 LynnInMN

LynnInMN

CB Student Loan Guru

• Forum Leads
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

You want me to sugar coat my answers?? Aint gonna happen. This is the reality of defaulted student loans.

#5 DBC

DBC
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

You want me to sugar coat my answers?? Aint gonna happen. This is the reality of defaulted student loans.

Defaulted or not, the OC/SL lender has to abide by the FCRA and report accurately.

You seem to ignore this (from what I notice) when people complain about inaccurate reporting.

Do you enjoy telling people they are f-ed? Seriously...

#6 SlimCookie

SlimCookie
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

So is there anything that I can do to help this?

Student Loans is not my forte.....I will be applying in the future for a student loan....is this going to hurt me when applying in the future?

#7 LynnInMN

LynnInMN

CB Student Loan Guru

• Forum Leads
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Defaulted or not, the OC/SL lender has to abide by the FCRA and report accurately.

You seem to ignore this (from what I notice) when people complain about inaccurate reporting.

Do you enjoy telling people they are f-ed? Seriously...

Both of the credit reports the op posted were prior to the dates he paid. Thus there would be no inaccurate reporting. Most people do not know how to read/interpret a student loan reporting, especially with mulitple lenders/guarantors. My training comes directly from the DOE when I was collecting for them. Any opinions I express are from my training from the DOE and multiple FFELP lenders.

Edited by LynnInMN, 12 March 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#8 SlimCookie

SlimCookie
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

So..... Is the second photo I originally posted from the same company as the first photo? They both have different account numbers and different addresses.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.