Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Do I need to Unfreeze EX before applying for auto loan?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RAguy

RAguy
  • Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

I have EX on ice right now and was just wondering how that plays in when they do the auto enhanced fico? will they just go off the other two or do they need all three to approve?

thanks!

#2 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,513 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

If you are a victim of identity theft then all your bureaus should be frozen for your protection.

#3 road2freedom

road2freedom

Bump Influence XXXII

• Members
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think it depends on the bank. CapOne, NFCU, and VyStar all worked with EX frozen for me.

Marv - you know people freeze for other reasons. :P

#4 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,513 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think it depends on the bank. CapOne, NFCU, and VyStar all worked with EX frozen for me.

Marv - you know people freeze for other reasons. :P

Of course I do. I understand completely why people pervert the system.

#5 road2freedom

road2freedom

Bump Influence XXXII

• Members
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

If the system wasn't perverted in itself, we all wouldn't be here.

#6 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,513 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

If the system wasn't perverted in itself, we all wouldn't be here.

LOL that won't work on me, in this forum.

It's not logical, but a nice try nevertheless.

#7 road2freedom

road2freedom

Bump Influence XXXII

• Members
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Wow, I didn't take you, or any person from this forum, to be a CRA bandwagoner.

I figured you would know as well as anyone we have little to no control over what individuals at the CRAs choose to do or not to do. If they fail to fix an issue, investigate properly, or "play by the rules" your recourse is to pursue it legally, and that takes time. A freeze is a much faster way to prevent that from affecting your approval and/or rates. I personally am fed up with EX not reporting items correctly and refusing to update them. There are plenty of lenders that are more than happy to approve with TU or EQ. So in my eyes EX misses out on some business and the bad information has no way to detract from building credit. So odd that I'm defending this here. I feel like I'm at myfico.

#8 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,513 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I understand. I definitely am not a fan of any credit reporting agency.

But

When a person is not a victim of ID theft and they choose to only freeze one bureau, that does beg one to ask the question "if you are not a victim of ID theft, then why did you just freeze a particular bureau." (from a lenders standpoint)

So I'm gonna wanna take a look so I make sure my decision is a creditworthy decision and can cover my ASSets with my decision.

Remember on this forum, I speak as a dealership employee, so whatever I post is from the dealer's perspective which may not always be consumer oriented or even friendly, but it will be the truth.

#9 road2freedom

road2freedom

Bump Influence XXXII

• Members
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

That makes sense - and I can appreciate that perspective.

#10 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,513 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

TY..........I'm really and truly only trying to help with my insider view.

#11 RAguy

RAguy
  • Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Wow didnt know this post would cause some drama lol.. but yeah like RTF was sayin, I have some issues on EX that are incorrect and have tried time and time again to have them fix it to no avail. This is also causing it to be my lowest Fico so thats why I chilled em out. Just thought it might help when they check to see the highest Ficos possible is all.

#12 road2freedom

road2freedom

Bump Influence XXXII

• Members
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

I think in some cases you can target lenders that are know to pull certain bureaus. The ones I mentioned gave me to flack at all and did not question EX being frozen. Check creditpulls - but just keep in mind it's not always 100% and varies state to state. It also won't protect you from any raised eyebrows in the event of a manual review. Whether or not that plays into your approval probably depends on the individual. It sounds like Marv is on the more conservative and thorough side. I've had some finance managers that would list Jesus as a co-signer if they thought it would get you approved...

#13 RAguy

RAguy
  • Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I've had some finance managers that would list Jesus as a co-signer if they thought it would get you approved...

Hahaha... thats seriously Awesome!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.