Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Deaership did not disclose previous damage on new car

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MownGo

MownGo
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

My parents recently bought a new 2011 Honda CRV and was told during the deal that they were getting a great deal because someone had previously bought the vehicle and backed out of the deal at the last minute because of a "scratch" on the vehicle, that was there exact words so my dad looked at the scratch and the dealership actually fixed it and they bought the car. Well yesterday (about a month after the deal)they find a piece of paper underneath the back seat that is two pages long that lists the back bumper having to be replaced and a list of other things totalling $4,200!! worth of damage, this is misrepresentation to me, this is also a lease....any feedback on what they can do, my parents do not want the vehicle and want another vehicle.

#2 gbishere

gbishere
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

its a lease soo long term its not going to affect the resale value of the car which is might of screwed you. Its crappy but since its a lease its not so bad.

#3 MownGo

MownGo
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

True but they were wanting to buy the vehicle possibly when the lease was up, I just think this is very shady but maybe they don't have to disclose damage, you would think they would on a new never titled vehicle though.

its a lease soo long term its not going to affect the resale value of the car which is might of screwed you. Its crappy but since its a lease its not so bad.

#4 road2freedom

road2freedom

Bump Influence XXXII

• Members
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

:swoon: YIkes. I would certainly be holding onto that for when it's time to turn it in.

#5 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

AFAIK most states have laws that determine when a dealer/manufacturer must disclose damage prior to the sale of the ultimate consumer. I do not know if the same applies to a lease, since the vehicle is actually sold to a bank. I think the trigger is a % of the MSRP of the vehicle.

However my policy has been if any prior damage is $500 or more, due to transit damage or lot damage, then I give the consumer a copy of the repair orders, and have then sign a copy acknowledging receipt before completing the transaction that I can keep in my permanent files.

#6 54regcab

54regcab
  • Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Was it a Honda Certified vehicle?

#7 MownGo

MownGo
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Just an update, the dealership gave my parents a
Check for $2000.00 and said they were sorry
For not disclosing the damage

#8 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,578 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

congrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrats

#9 spotlessbureau

spotlessbureau
  • Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Non-disclosed damage is a nasty situation especially in this sue-happy nation. I'm proud to work for a dealer that makes honesty and integrity a mandate and not an option. We disclose any damage on new car other than scratches on demos. We even disclose damage on used cars that we have repaired. We run history reports on all cars we sell and check our manufacturers database for open recalls on all cars of our mfgs makes. I wish all dealers did their part in this regard.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.