Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Short Sale or Deed in Lieu vs foreclosure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmw1212

jmw1212
  • Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

I was wondering if you do a deed in lieu or short sale do you still have to wait two years to apply for a mortgage?
Also which one is better for your credit score. Obviously none are good, but I know foreclosure is the worst.
thanks.

#2 jmw1212

jmw1212
  • Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Bump, does anyone know?

#3 doodlebugger

doodlebugger
  • Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Bump, does anyone know?

Our local USDA office said at one time they would consider providing a loan for us if we had a short sale or deed-in-lieu, but not if we had a foreclosure (we would have to wait the 2-3 year waiting period). Dh is going over to talk to someone next week at our local office to see if that still rings true. We were called again by PNC to ask us to consider these two options. We are leaning towards the deed-in-lieu. The rep I spoke with said we would have to try to sell the house over three months, and if it didn't sell, we could sign over the house. We figure this will give us a few more months to hopefully find another house because rentals are so hard to find here.

I know for sure the foreclosure will cause you to wait the full waiting period, but I think it's a case-by-case basis for the other two options. The best thing to do is contact a bank and ask them.

#4 jmw1212

jmw1212
  • Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks and good luck...what ever happened with your complaint to the occ, did someone contact you yet?

Bump, does anyone know?

Our local USDA office said at one time they would consider providing a loan for us if we had a short sale or deed-in-lieu, but not if we had a foreclosure (we would have to wait the 2-3 year waiting period). Dh is going over to talk to someone next week at our local office to see if that still rings true. We were called again by PNC to ask us to consider these two options. We are leaning towards the deed-in-lieu. The rep I spoke with said we would have to try to sell the house over three months, and if it didn't sell, we could sign over the house. We figure this will give us a few more months to hopefully find another house because rentals are so hard to find here.

I know for sure the foreclosure will cause you to wait the full waiting period, but I think it's a case-by-case basis for the other two options. The best thing to do is contact a bank and ask them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.