Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Tax Refund-Direct Deposit

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 mason

mason
  • Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

We were supposed to get ours today and it's not there.

I'm in a bit of a panic. We are supposed to sign a lease for The Perfect House for us today and the $$ is not there. I hate the IRS. :aggressive:

#2 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,412 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

check again a lil later in the day....<shrug> I filed this morning...for the first time in a decade, Ive filed on time...

#3 mason

mason
  • Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

I assumed it would be in @ the beginning of the business day. I'll keep checking.

So frustrating. :glare:

#4 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,412 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

I assumed it would be in @ the beginning of the business day. I'll keep checking.

So frustrating. :glare:

yeah but I had a problem recently, checked in the morning & it wasnt there,,,checked back mid day & it was there... not sure why of the delay...can imagine the frustration when you are waiting for something as important

#5 cljohnr

cljohnr
  • Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Did you check the Where's My Refund site?

Edit: Every site I see shows that they're doing direct deposits on Wednesdays this year.

Edited by cljohnr, 07 February 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#6 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I think every bank is different on how long it takes to receive the direct deposit. Mine showed up as an avail balance on the day the IRS gave me when I would receive it, so it was actually direct deposited the night before.

I hope the landlord is understanding with you and will work with you on this. They should feel lucky to have you and your family as renters.

Edited by butterflywings, 07 February 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#7 brazen

brazen

Thing Two

• Forum Leads
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Edit: Every site I see shows that they're doing direct deposits on Wednesdays this year.

Thats what I understood also.

#8 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm suppose to have mine tomorrow.. I got state this morning.

I also heard they were about a week or two behind so we'll see. But Where's my refund shows the 8th where before it showed the 7th.

http://www.valleymor...6-irs-late.html

#9 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Mine was scheduled to deposit 2/1, then 2/8, now it says within 6 weeks of filing. Everything I've read has said that they're running a week or more behind schedule in some cases, and to not count on the refund for anything major... :dntknw:

#10 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Mine was scheduled to deposit 2/1, then 2/8, now it says within 6 weeks of filing. Everything I've read has said that they're running a week or more behind schedule in some cases, and to not count on the refund for anything major... :dntknw:

2/8? that's when I'm suppose to get mine.. off to double check I hadn't checked since Friday/Saturday. They had the standard if you do not receive it by xxxx message after it so I assumed they processed it. Before it was 2/7 and didn't have the message after it. Tax act had me on 2/1.

Mine is just being used to pay off some Cc's.. since I'm not behind on anything I haven't promised anyone anything. I'd just like to pay em off before statment due.. instead of regular payment lol.

Okay, mine still says 2/8. So we'll see tomorrow.

Edited by beli, 07 February 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#11 blackberry74

blackberry74
  • Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Thats what I understood also.

Yep. http://www.irs.gov/p...s-pdf/p2043.pdf

#12 5ofus

5ofus
  • Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Our Federal is suppose to be there by 2/21. Up until yesterday they didn't have it even though I filed a week ago.

State was suppose to be there yesterday (and today for my son), neither have shown up.

#13 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

We received our refund a week after we efiled.

I had read that anyone who efiled before IIRC 1/25 they were going to be one week late because of fraud prevention measures. The IRS had the notice on their site when they announced the delay.

#14 NeverQuietHere

NeverQuietHere
  • Members
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Mine was supposed to be DD by the 15th. Website now says 21st. Although we aren't getting crap back so I don't really care too much...lol. Any other time and I'd be ALL over it. lol.

#15 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Early filers may have to wait longer for their tax refund

Some taxpayers who filed their federal tax returns early this year will have to wait a week longer than initially projected to get their refunds.

The delay was caused by new safeguards installed in IRS computer systems to prevent refund fraud, IRS spokesman Michelle Eldridge says. The problem is limited to taxpayers whose returns were filed before Jan. 26. Taxpayers whose returns were accepted on or after that date will not be affected, Eldridge says.

For many early filers, even a one-week hold-up could present a serious hardship, says Andy Stadler, an enrolled agent in Terre Haute, Ind. He received a call on Friday from a client who was counting on her refund to pay her electric bill, and feared her power would be cut off before she got the money.

"The people that come in early tend to be people who really need their tax refunds desperately," he says. "Even a week is a huge deal."

The delay has also created headaches for tax preparers because they've been forced to explain to clients that their refunds may be delayed.

TurboTax is notifying its customers of the potential delays through e-mail and has posted a notice on its Facebook page, says spokeswoman Julie Miller. H&R Block has also posted notices about the delay, noting that it affected all types of returns, regardless of how they were filed or who prepared them.

Even with the delay, taxpayers will still receive their refunds "in line with historic refund delivery times," Eldridge says. Taxpayers who e-file their tax returns and arrange for direct deposit typically receive their refunds within 10 to 21 days.

The IRS provides a "Where's My Refund" tool that provides an update on the status of taxpayers' refunds, but the IRS notes that the dates are estimates and subject to revision. For that reason, taxpayers shouldn't automatically assume they'll receive their refunds on the projected date, says Judy Strauss , an enrolled agent in Cobleskill, NY.

"This week some people were expecting the money to come through and the IRS had a computer problem," she says. "It can happen."

http://www.usatoday....lays/52889532/1

#16 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

You'd think that they'd be working on approving those that were accepted BEFORE the 25th and not after. It doesn't make sense. I get the implementation of software, but as I said you'd think they'd be working on approving those that filed FIRST before the implentation of the software not those that were filed after after the implentation. But then again this is the IRS...and I'll shut up now before I get Pamm'd.

Edited by beli, 07 February 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#17 TheBanker

TheBanker
  • Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

I filed at the end of January. Got my refund check yesterday. Glad I didn't do direct deposit this year...

#18 mason

mason
  • Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Yes, now it's saying the 8th. It was the 7th before. It's already been delayed once so I guess we were part of that group. We did file before Jan. 25.

This is so aggravating. With them changing the date twice already, I have zero confidence that it will be in there tomorrow. This landlord wants to have the lease signed by the 7th (I'm guessing that is when his mortgage payment is due)

I've already done a lot of packing and picked paint colors. <_<

We've been looking for a house to rent for a year and FINALLY found something that meets our needs. It's a really nice house. Ugh.

#19 mason

mason
  • Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

And only the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE would wait until TAX SEASON to decide to install fraud "safeguards" in their systems. :glare:
Yes, I'll shut up before I get Pammed too.

#20 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

I filed at the end of January. Got my refund check yesterday. Glad I didn't do direct deposit this year...

It's cus you filed at the end of January.. the article giraffy linked to on the bottom says it didn't matter what type of filing you did, so :P

#21 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

And only the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE would wait until TAX SEASON to decide to install fraud "safeguards" in their systems. :glare:
Yes, I'll shut up before I get Pammed too.

What better time to test their system? <Said tongue in cheek > :rolleyes:

#22 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Supposed to be here today according to them. I'm not too worried either way, it's like $20. I hate tax refunds, next year I hope to pay in a little so I don't loan any money to them without interest.

#23 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

My CPA told me to NEVER e-file. They are shady and can go back in and take money out of your account (justified or not). The government knows too much about you already - I certainly do not want them knowing my bank account info.

I'd rather wait for the check - but that is just me.

#24 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

My CPA told me to NEVER e-file. They are shady and can go back in and take money out of your account (justified or not). The government knows too much about you already - I certainly do not want them knowing my bank account info.

I hope he's not in NY.

"Mandate changes that apply to returns filed on or after January 1, 2012

Tax preparers filing more than five tax documents a year must e-file returns filed on or after January 1, 2012.

New penalties apply for failure to e-file. If a preparer doesn’t e-file a required return, the Tax Department may impose a penalty on the preparer and the taxpayer."

http://www.tax.ny.go...usn_mandate.htm

#25 Seabee

Seabee
  • Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

FYI: e-file != direct deposit

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.