Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Tax Refund-Direct Deposit

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#76 5ofus

5ofus
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Mine said sometime in the next 6 weeks. That was the status yesterday. Today it was in my account. :dntknw:

#77 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

Finally, my info showed up in the system but it says they are still processing and I should get my refund by 28th. When I filed my taxes, refund schedule said I should get it DD by 15th.
Not happy.
Next year I will make sure I owe uncle sam.

#78 tmkats

tmkats
  • Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Finally, my info showed up in the system but it says they are still processing and I should get my refund by 28th. When I filed my taxes, refund schedule said I should get it DD by 15th.
Not happy.

Mine still says I should get it today. It is currently not in my account...not happy!!!

#79 sweetjaze

sweetjaze
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Not happy.

Mine says the same thing. Maybe it will still magically appear this week...I really want to have time to order stuff online for DD's party and not have to go with the limited stuff I've seen in the stores!

ETA: I can never seem to get ours right to owe/not have a big refund. It seems like every year there's been a job change for at least one of us...

Edited by sweetjaze, 14 February 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#80 ERIC0728

ERIC0728
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

I submitted mine over 2.5 weeks ago, no online status, no refund as of this morning.

This year return has been very complicated. TurboTax reported a moderate risk of audit, so hopefully I won't have to go through that all over again...

Mine updated today with

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 28, 2012.

#81 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

I submitted mine over 2.5 weeks ago, no online status, no refund as of this morning.

This year return has been very complicated. TurboTax reported a moderate risk of audit, so hopefully I won't have to go through that all over again...

Mine updated today with

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 28, 2012.

I mean. Mine said that for Feb. 1st. And then Feb. 8th. And still nothing. It seems to be more of a suggestion than a promise :lol:

#82 ERIC0728

ERIC0728
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

I mean. Mine said that for Feb. 1st. And then Feb. 8th. And still nothing. It seems to be more of a suggestion than a promise :lol:

It's Uncle Sam we're talking about here. ;)

#83 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,386 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

I cant check mine...no biggie, it will get here when it does....

I had my state refund EFT'd to a hardly used account.... I made a purchase yesterday using debit card.... Balance today is $666.66

Im on my way to take that isht BACK! its jixed!!

#84 ugghh

ugghh
  • Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

I had my state refund EFT'd to a hardly used account.... I made a purchase yesterday using debit card.... Balance today is $666.66

LOLOL!

#85 blackberry74

blackberry74
  • Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Exactly.

:lol: Yeah, I'd have to take that back too. :lol:

#86 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

Yep. I figure it's saving me tons of money by NOT being here. :lol:

#87 beli

beli
  • Members
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

When I called the Irs a couple weeks ago, they said the refund chart is just a suggestion and you have to call them in order to find out when it will actually be deposited. :rolleyes:

#88 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

On the local news it said the "where's my refund" site is not functioning, currently. Whatever that means.

Got my state back, am hoping to get Fed back soon. I got bills to pay off. Like my car. :dance: And a credit card. :blush2:

Paying for school out of pocket apparently gets you a nice little refund, even though we usually pay in a little bit (no interest free loans for you my darling, Uncle Sam, whom no one trusts their children around.)

#89 baby duck

baby duck
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

I finally filed Saturday (mostly because this thread encouraged me to quit being lazy about it). My status says it will be deposited anytime between the 18th Feb and 3rd Mar.

I guess I shouldn't hold my breathe.

Edited by baby duck, 14 February 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#90 sweetjaze

sweetjaze
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'm going to go with the 24th as the received date...Later than it should be according to their chart. The last few years though, I've seen it the Friday before the IRS says I'll get it.

#91 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

I see my refund as a pending transaction in my bank.

#92 ugghh

ugghh
  • Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Submitted mine on 2/8 showed up on Wheres My Refund yesterday saying 2/28. Pending deposit schedule for tomorrow.

#93 sweetjaze

sweetjaze
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

I see my refund as a pending transaction in my bank.

Hmmm...I still see nothing. USAA is usually pretty fast with DD stuff. I guess I get to wait and see :(

#94 tmkats

tmkats
  • Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Still nothing. And the site is down AGAIN!!! AND i got kicked out of the phone system.

:aggressive:

#95 ERIC0728

ERIC0728
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Mine updated today with

Mine was updated today with payment by this Friday. We'll see.

#96 Ace_TX

Ace_TX
  • Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

return accepted 1/31

scheduled deposit for 2/8

direct deposited yesterday on 2/14

so they're like a week off

#97 tmkats

tmkats
  • Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

return accepted 1/31

scheduled deposit for 2/8

direct deposited yesterday on 2/14

so they're like a week off

Seems about right. Got off the phone with them and they confirmed my deposit to go in on the 21st, instead of today like their schedule said.

#98 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

My CPA told me to NEVER e-file. They are shady and can go back in and take money out of your account (justified or not). The government knows too much about you already - I certainly do not want them knowing my bank account info.

I'd rather wait for the check - but that is just me.

I hope he's not in NY.

"Mandate changes that apply to returns filed on or after January 1, 2012

Tax preparers filing more than five tax documents a year must e-file returns filed on or after January 1, 2012.

New penalties apply for failure to e-file. If a preparer doesn’t e-file a required return, the Tax Department may impose a penalty on the preparer and the taxpayer."

http://www.tax.ny.go...usn_mandate.htm

Nope - He's not in NY. He's in CA :-).

He's also a "old" CPA that couldn't e-file if his life depended on it because his computer is too slow and he has dial-up. No cable out in the woods LOL.

#99 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I checked mine again and the post date for the refund is 2/17, ACU shows it as a pending transaction. Just the date Where is my refund updated to.

#100 LKH

LKH

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 23,249 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

Filed both fed and state on the 5th of Feb. Got notice of acceptance on the 6th. State was direct deposited on the 10th. IRS showed my fed being deposited on the 14th and it was. 5 days for state and 9 for fed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.