Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Which Biz creditors only SOFT-pull personal CR?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

It seems that all of the business credit issuers I found all do hard pulls on personal files. Is there anyone who is only a soft puller?

I can confirm that the following creditors are NOT, and do HARD pulls in applying for biz credit:
AmEx Gold Rewards Revolving (Experian Hard)
Citi AAdvantage (Equifax Hard)

I just applied and was approved for both with high limits, but I don't want a 2nd inquiry on either of these reports.

I have not seen any recent post indicating any creditor who always pulls soft when checking the guarantor's file.

Please do not list any creditors who did not do ANY pull on a personal credit file at all, or who extended <$2,000 in credit (i.e. the personal pull was probably just to verify your identity if a low limit was assigned)

Other information on other creditors known to always pull hard would also be helpful (to rule out as someone I'll apply to). Or if they're known to only hard-pull TU, that would be helpful since no one really checks TU anymore.

Edited by jbarrington, 05 February 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#2 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

AmEx Gold Rewards Biz Revolving CC (Experian Personal Hard)
Citi Biz AAdvantage CC (Equifax Personal Hard)
BoA Biz CC (Experian Personal, Equifax Persoanl, or TU Personal Hard- NOT all 3... they pick 1 randomly)

Still haven't found anything only doing a soft pull on personal :(

What about Staples, Office Max, etc?! I would hope one of them only pulls soft on personal :-/

#3 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

It seems that all of the business credit issuers I found all do hard pulls on personal files. Is there anyone who is only a soft puller?

I can confirm that the following creditors are NOT, and do HARD pulls in applying for biz credit:

I just applied and was approved for both with high limits, but I don't want a 2nd inquiry on either of these reports.

I have not seen any recent post indicating any creditor who always pulls soft when checking the guarantor's file.

Please do not list any creditors who did not do ANY pull on a personal credit file at all, or who extended <$2,000 in credit (i.e. the personal pull was probably just to verify your identity if a low limit was assigned)

Other information on other creditors known to always pull hard would also be helpful (to rule out as someone I'll apply to). Or if they're known to only hard-pull TU, that would be helpful since no one really checks TU anymore.

Congrats on the approvals! What limits did they start you off with? By the way are these the only credit cards you have applied for your business?

#4 KristofsMom

KristofsMom
  • Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Not change the topic but what was your experience score when you got your Amex?

#5 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Congrats on the approvals! What limits did they start you off with? By the way are these the only credit cards you have applied for your business?

Amex Gold Biz >> $25,500 (instant approval, but then they canceled the account 2 weeks later because I had 3 hard inquiries from apartment applications right after the approval)
Citi AA Biz >> Uknown yet (they've been dragging their approval out over a week)
BoA Biz >> Didn't apply yet (got info from agent about hard pull and backed off)

#6 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Not change the topic but what was your experience score when you got your Amex?

What is that??? Never heard that term before

#7 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Amex Gold Biz >> $25,500 (instant approval, but then they canceled the account 2 weeks later because I had 3 hard inquiries from apartment applications right after the approval)
Citi AA Biz >> Uknown yet (they've been dragging their approval out over a week)
BoA Biz >> Didn't apply yet (got info from agent about hard pull and backed off)

Wow that sucks...looks like I need to freeze my EX after applying for their SimplyCash and/or Blue Business card.

Do you have a personal credit card with Amex?

You mentioned an agent from BOA did a hard pull...do you mean to open a business checking account?

#8 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Wow that sucks...looks like I need to freeze my EX after applying for their SimplyCash and/or Blue Business card.

You mentioned an agent from BOA did a hard pull...do you mean to open a business checking account?

That would not help, since I'm 95% sure they still receive their "credit alerts" from Experian on their customers despite the freeze. It seems as though 4 inquiries in 2 weeks was something that gave them an alert (1 inquiry was their own + 3 for apartment apps who ALL pulled EX)

IMHO apartment apps should not be generating hard inquiries, especially since they don't count as 1 like mortgage apps.

I had a personal card with a $25,000 limit too, which was also canceled.

No BoA did NOT do a hard pull when I opened a business checking account with them in 2008, but I have no idea what they do now. I was referring to their business card doing the pull.

Edited by jbarrington, 13 February 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#9 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

That would not help, since I'm 95% sure they still receive their "credit alerts" from Experian on their customers despite the freeze. It seems as though 4 inquiries in 2 weeks was something that gave them an alert (1 inquiry was their own + 3 for apartment apps who ALL pulled EX)

IMHO apartment apps should not be generating hard inquiries, especially since they don't count as 1 like mortgage apps.

I had a personal card with a $25,000 limit too, which was also canceled.

No BoA did NOT do a hard pull when I opened a business checking account with them in 2008, but I have no idea what they do now. I was referring to their business card doing the pull.

Regarding freezing EX is to prevent and additional hard pulls by other creditors when I apply for credit. I did an app spree in January and was approved for like 7 new cards. Amex was one of the last ones and luckily the last one to pull EX. They have softed my EX a few times since approval for 2 new cards with them but no softs on EQ or TU where I have the other inquiries.

I don't know if I want to apply for their business card now to trigger a review on my personal cards and risk losing those Posted Image

Did you have a FR on your personal card and didn't comply or pass it?

#10 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Regarding freezing EX is to prevent and additional hard pulls by other creditors when I apply for credit. I did an app spree in January and was approved for like 7 new cards. Amex was one of the last ones and luckily the last one to pull EX. They have softed my EX a few times since approval for 2 new cards with them but no softs on EQ or TU where I have the other inquiries.

I don't know if I want to apply for their business card now to trigger a review on my personal cards and risk losing those Posted Image

The freeze doesn't seem to do anything unless you actually are worried about others applying for credit in your name. Soft pulls are still allowed, and I know of very few creditors who randomly pull hard when you don't apply for something, and existing creditors + debt collectors can STILL pull hard with the freeze. Save your time and money. Even when Amex FR'd me, no hard pull. The app spree shouldn't cause any more hards.

It was an FR. I was actually moving at the time, so I requested an extension (couldn't get the FR woman on the phone- but I left lots of messages), and notified them that I had filed for an extension to file '10 taxes, and '09 and '08 income were lower, so it was going to be relevant to prove '010 income and for the first half of '011. They never responded and 2 days later just closed both accounts.

The silver lining however is that I hear AMEX does not hold a previous involuntary account closure against you (FR failure, etc) if you apply again in the future, if the closed accounts were never 30+ past due and were paid down to $0 for at least a month. I'm almost done paying off that account now that the 2% interest offer is expiring. If I apply again after 30 days, and don't do anything to "spook" them out, I should be fine, and will probably get the $25k limit again. Plus, they'll backdate the new accounts to 2008 just like they did for the accounts open and closed in 2011.

#11 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

The freeze doesn't seem to do anything unless you actually are worried about others applying for credit in your name. Soft pulls are still allowed, and I know of very few creditors who randomly pull hard when you don't apply for something, and existing creditors + debt collectors can STILL pull hard with the freeze. Save your time and money. Even when Amex FR'd me, no hard pull. The app spree shouldn't cause any more hards.

It was an FR. I was actually moving at the time, so I requested an extension (couldn't get the FR woman on the phone- but I left lots of messages), and notified them that I had filed for an extension to file '10 taxes, and '09 and '08 income were lower, so it was going to be relevant to prove '010 income and for the first half of '011. They never responded and 2 days later just closed both accounts.

The silver lining however is that I hear AMEX does not hold a previous involuntary account closure against you (FR failure, etc) if you apply again in the future, if the closed accounts were never 30+ past due and were paid down to $0 for at least a month. I'm almost done paying off that account now that the 2% interest offer is expiring. If I apply again after 30 days, and don't do anything to "spook" them out, I should be fine, and will probably get the $25k limit again. Plus, they'll backdate the new accounts to 2008 just like they did for the accounts open and closed in 2011.

The freeze will actually prevent creditors who want to pull EX and will instead need to pull EQ or TU to extend me credit. I don't have an issue with soft pulls and the only ones that seem to do soft pulls routinely are American Express and Chase on EX. So by eliminating EX for most hard pulls I minimize my chances of any adverse actions by Amex or Chase.

Regarding my current creditors being able to pull hard anytime when frozen is not true. At least not in my experience because Citi and HSBC couldn't pull a hard on EQ for a CLI request and required me to give them permission.

So did you get FR right after applying for the business card? By the way is your business structured as a sole proprietor, LLC, or Corp?

#12 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

The freeze will actually prevent creditors who want to pull EX and will instead need to pull EQ or TU to extend me credit. I don't have an issue with soft pulls and the only ones that seem to do soft pulls routinely are American Express and Chase on EX. So by eliminating EX for most hard pulls I minimize my chances of any adverse actions by Amex or Chase.

This sounds good in theory, but have you really applied to EX pullers who said baically "oh well we'll have to pull EQ instead"? I tried this same strategy and basically gave up when SunTrust moved to EQ after seeing EX frozen to give a "preliminary" approval, but then said they want to see me to unfreeze EX for final approval, so I ended up getting TWO inquiries where I would have only gotten one. I think they thought I was trying to hide something!!

That strategy does work for no-doc apps that are robotically approved (like credit cards), if you don't know for sure that a bank you're applying to is 'strictly' EQ or TU, and in the event they're EX, you want them to flat out deny you without having to suffer any hards, or move to EQ or TU if they are setup to check an alternate, and not ask any questions about the frozen EX. However, I just do all my homework before applying, so there's no surprises what is pulled. You would be surprised how straightforward and accurate (US based) bank call center reps are with advising which of the 3 (or all 3) they hard pull.

AGREED 100% that minimizing EX pulls is the best way to prevent scaring AMEX, however that may be accomplished!!

You're also certainly right-on about Chase being the 2nd most "sensitive" creditor, but will only likely take drastic measures (slashing CL or closing) if you have a major delinquency somewhere else, but anywhere else, and regardless of if you're keeping every other account perfect. While renego a mortgage on an insolvent condo project, that account went 60 days past due in 2009, and Chase cut both my CL's, then closed both 3 months later, even though Citi, BoA, Cap1 didn't do anything to me even after I was 180+ on the mortgage. The mortgage has long since been deleted from my file.

QUESTION: do you have an effective way to delete inquires from EQ... all their easy methods don't seem to work anymore, including using their "webmail" dispute form, disputing by phone, disputing by mail, etc. They used to be the easiest... same day deletion via their website. You don't seem too concerned with EQ inquiries, or is that only because AMEX and Chase don't soft EQ?

#13 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

I can B* EQ and TU inquiries Posted Image

Edited by fusioncredit, 17 February 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#14 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Can you confirm this still works with EQ? I heard it hasn't worked in a while, and can result in a split file (MUCH WORSE!), or that the softs get bumped instead of the hards (no effect).

How long ago was the last hard you've seen bumped from your EQ? Who's your daily soft puller(s)?

Edited by jbarrington, 17 February 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#15 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Can you confirm this still works with EQ? I heard it hasn't worked in a while, and can result in a split file (MUCH WORSE!), or that the softs get bumped instead of the hards (no effect).

How long ago was the last hard you've seen bumped from your EQ? Who's your daily soft puller(s)?

Yea it works..so far I have bumped 2 hard inq off EQ (10/11 & 12/11) but will probably be chopped tomorrow and will start pulling all 3 everyday to reach 85 before the next choppage. I tried B* with only USAA and EQ but didn't get enough softs before being chopped. Now that I added MPM I can B* the remaining EQ inq before next choppage Posted Image

#16 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Yea it works..so far I have bumped 2 hard inq off EQ (10/11 & 12/11) but will probably be chopped tomorrow and will start pulling all 3 everyday to reach 85 before the next choppage. I tried B* with only USAA and EQ but didn't get enough softs before being chopped. Now that I added MPM I can B* the remaining EQ inq before next choppage Posted Image

Forgive my ignorance! Is chopping when Equifax sweeps through their files and deletes records of soft-inquires to make room for more? If so what triggers a chop, or is it just done every few months or so?

How many softs do you need to start seeing things get bumped? 85? (so if you have 3 pulling daily all hards should get bumped within a month provided you don't hit a chop before then?)

Who pulls EQ daily with the lowest monthly fee or best free trial offer?

#17 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Choppage seams to occur if you have ever subscribed to EQ Complete monitoring...I posted the daily pullers to achieve B* with EQ here http://creditboards....1 If you need any clarification you can post here or pm me

#18 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Choppage seams to occur if you have ever subscribed to EQ Complete monitoring...I posted the daily pullers to achieve B* with EQ here http://creditboards....1 If you need any clarification you can post here or pm me

Before, I even applied to EQ for the monitoring service, I was still being chopped, just not as regular. However, having the monitoring service is good because you can view softs, instead of backrooming, and it will still count as a pull itself. As noted earlier the magic number is 85. So to achieve this process a little faster a combination of Credit Secure, EQ Premier or Complete, MPM, and USAA would be most beneficial. They will give you 4 pulls in one day. Currently, I have 0 on EQ and 1 on TU. So believe me the method works. As far as price, this will take a small investment, but the outcome will you benefit you dearly when or if you needed to PG. As far as price, I am not sure but I think that Credit Secure is 29.99 (Must have an AMEX), my USAA is 6.99 for me now, used to be 11 or 12, MPM is 16.99, EQ Premier is 14.99, but is 19.99. Also, if you are getting close to the C* date always remember that you can grab a few trials for 7-30 days to help get the magic number.

Edited by disnugaswagg, 18 February 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#19 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

No one is going to do a soft pull because the approval is based off your credit score.

#20 jbarrington

jbarrington
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

No one is going to do a soft pull because the approval is based off your credit score.

You can't soft pull the whole report? I thought the inquiry type was only based on the subscriber's stated purpose for pulling the credit

#21 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

From the personal side I can speak on. I have several branded Chase cards and when I decided to apply for the second card they did a soft pull. So, I think that it could be possibly done if you already have the bank's branded card (not like Amazon Chase, but like Chase Freedom or Sapphire). Now if that could happen on the business side, I am not sure, but I think that it could be possible, because you have to PG for the biz cc anyways. So, since you were just approved for those cards, then it could be possibly done because most banks would not pull another report if it within a certain time frame.

#22 carpartsdepot

carpartsdepot
  • CB JAIL
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Sportsman guide visa usually does a soft pull, if you go to their website sportsmanguide.com and put something in your cart when you go to checkout you should get a pop up that pre approves you for their visa (before you buy) in which case it would be a soft pull, most likely on equifax.

#23 SeekingWealth

SeekingWealth
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

GE Capital seems to pull soft EQ's.

I applied for Lowes and was denied because of EQ. I did not see a hard.

#24 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Denied because of Equifax business or personal?

#25 SeekingWealth

SeekingWealth
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

personal

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.