Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

How does a foreclosure show up on a credit report?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmw1212

jmw1212
  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Ok we have had several foreclosures this year and one into the new year. We filed bk7 last May. I looked at my credit report again today and it just shows either included in BK or charged off. Is it suppose to show "foreclosure" ? If so, does my two year wait to buy another home start from when they post that or when it happened? thanks

Edited by jmw1212, 05 February 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#2 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,240 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

From when it happened. It may not show up on your reports until later. FC's are public records, filed with the court, and they are not reported by the court, they are reported by a 3rd party who periodically looks for PR's, and reports them to the credit bureaus. It's still there, and it can be found by anyone who looks for it.

#3 jmw1212

jmw1212
  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Thanks Breeze, but when does the two year mark start, when it's reported or when it's filed? I need to know when we can go for a mortgage again...as I think we are loosing our home now too:(

From when it happened. It may not show up on your reports until later. FC's are public records, filed with the court, and they are not reported by the court, they are reported by a 3rd party who periodically looks for PR's, and reports them to the credit bureaus. It's still there, and it can be found by anyone who looks for it.

#4 tiggerlgh

tiggerlgh
  • Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Breeze, but when does the two year mark start, when it's reported or when it's filed? I need to know when we can go for a mortgage again...as I think we are loosing our home now too:(

2 Years will start at the day of the transfer (usually the foreclosure sale date)

#5 seashell73

seashell73
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

I'm curious as to how the posting on the credit report reads. My husband and I foreclosed on our house over two years ago. The foreclosure is complete and the house has been resold. However, on the credit report it still reads foreclosure in process and 180+ late.

Is this the norm? :dntknw:

#6 jmw1212

jmw1212
  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Well because I am still in bk7, I guess that's why it's not showing up on my credit report.

I'm curious as to how the posting on the credit report reads. My husband and I foreclosed on our house over two years ago. The foreclosure is complete and the house has been resold. However, on the credit report it still reads foreclosure in process and 180+ late.

Is this the norm? :dntknw:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.