Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Macy's store card

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Macy's store card reporting (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Macy's store card limit report to the bureaus?

1. yes, same as GL when reporting stopped (3 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

2. yes, with a lower limit than before (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

3. yes, with a higher limit than before (2 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

4. yes, not sure if limit changed (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

5. no (65 votes [90.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Gaby10

Gaby10

The Anti-Suze

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

My April statement cut the 18th. Now shows a limit (says limit will take effect in July??), but they still haven't reported, so I don't know if it's being reported to CRAs yet.

#77 EvilMan

EvilMan
  • Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

When i spoke to the credit analyst, she recommended i have them consider me for the AMEX. However i do not think i want another new account. If they opened it back to when i first got my Macys card, that be a different tune .... but i am not sure. I already have an AMEX card from AMEX and they will backdate so ....

#78 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

When i spoke to the credit analyst, she recommended i have them consider me for the AMEX. However i do not think i want another new account. If they opened it back to when i first got my Macys card, that be a different tune .... but i am not sure. I already have an AMEX card from AMEX and they will backdate so ....

Hard inquiry, totally new account. It offers very little of the features of other AMEX accounts, it simply uses the AMEX merchant network.

#79 EvilMan

EvilMan
  • Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hard inquiry, totally new account. It offers very little of the features of other AMEX accounts, it simply uses the AMEX merchant network.

So all in all, Not worth it? Are credit limits ane more generous than store card? The only gave me $2500 on store which is half than my other accounts.

Edited by EvilMan, 25 April 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#80 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

So all in all, Not worth it? Are credit limits ane more generous than store card? The only gave me $2500 on store which is half than my other accounts.

Well, only you can make the judgment about worth. More generous than a Macy's store accounts? Absolutely, but that comparison is not as valuable as that between this account and another general purpose account like an AMEX from AMEX itself.

#81 EvilMan

EvilMan
  • Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Thanks SBA. Seems like i am fine as is. they lost the chance long time ago when i wanted it.

#82 blackberry74

blackberry74
  • Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

My April statement cut today with a credit limit showing for both my regular & major purchase accounts...same limits. We'll see what happens when the reports update for the month.

Really? I have a red and jewelry account and the jewelry one isn't showing up on my statement. It only shows the limit for the red account.

Yep...one column titled "Revolving" and the other "Major Purchase." New balance, minimum payment due, credit limit & credit available is shown for both. That seems a bit weird if they're not doing that for all their cardholders with multiple accounts.

#83 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

My April statement cut today with a credit limit showing for both my regular & major purchase accounts...same limits. We'll see what happens when the reports update for the month.

Really? I have a red and jewelry account and the jewelry one isn't showing up on my statement. It only shows the limit for the red account.

Yep...one column titled "Revolving" and the other "Major Purchase." New balance, minimum payment due, credit limit & credit available is shown for both. That seems a bit weird if they're not doing that for all their cardholders with multiple accounts.

As I said in post # 70 on this thread:

Having worked in Macy's Credit throughout the time where we transitioned into the CARDA era, I am going to guess they are going to have to report them separately. However, I hope you'll post again once you find out for sure.

#84 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence <3

• Mod Squad
  • 27,851 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

As I said in post # 70 on this thread:

Having worked in Macy's Credit throughout the time where we transitioned into the CARDA era, I am going to guess they are going to have to report them separately. However, I hope you'll post again once you find out for sure.

I never have understood the reasoning behind Macy's creating separate purchase accounts vs just adding to the customer's credit limit. Last time I requested an increase, they wanted to create the purchase account. We went back and forth and I was granted the increase on the regular credit account. Still uncertain of why they push purchase accounts over increases on the one account. Ridiculous for the customer to have additional Macy's accounts reporting...

#85 Jon77

Jon77
  • Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

I was pissed when my jewelry account was created since it was a complete surprise! The lady never told me. I found out a new account was created by a credit alert. If I had known, I'd have never made the purchase.

#86 Gaby10

Gaby10

The Anti-Suze

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

I also don't understand why they suddenly stopped reporting limits, and why it's so hard to start reporting them again just as suddenly. Inexplicable waste of time, money and effort.

#87 Gaby10

Gaby10

The Anti-Suze

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Finally reported for April--11 days late--and no, no limit reported. Posted Image

This isn't rocket science, Macy's. You reported limits for years. Why is it so hard to resume reporting the same way you always did, just a few months later? Posted Image

#88 mj

mj
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Don't you only get the 3% rewards (and sometimes doubled to 6%) with having the Amex account?

#89 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Finally reported for April--11 days late--and no, no limit reported. Posted Image

This isn't rocket science, Macy's. You reported limits for years. Why is it so hard to resume reporting the same way you always did, just a few months later? Posted Image

It costs money.....multiply all their 22 million accounts times the extra cost.

#90 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Don't you only get the 3% rewards (and sometimes doubled to 6%) with having the Amex account?

Nope. Their rewards, good or bad, are far more complex than that, and becoming more so...

#91 Gaby10

Gaby10

The Anti-Suze

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

It wouldn't have been such a hassle if they didn't make the unwise decision to stop reporting in the first place... only a few months ago. Doing something pointless that you obviously didn't think through very well generally does tend to take needless time, energy and money to undo.

#92 sb913594

sb913594
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I should update my earlier entry, they have listed my limit on my statement, however this limit is not reporting on my CR. I'm actually glad, b/c I'm about maxed out on it anyway.

#93 hdporter

hdporter
  • Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Ok, say they don't update every single account on file just now ... how 'bout they just update the CL for the accounts for which they're currently updating balance/payment info anyways?

SBA ... I have fine regard for you, so don't take any of this personally: Macy's as a credit provider and customer service organization sucks (and that's a term I hold in reserve for exceptional cases such as this).

I just got off a 6 month merry-go-round in which I attempted to correct a billing error. In November, I purchased bedding on clearance at a price of $1000, which was billed to me at full retail of $2100 (Simmons Black Label King set).

I called credit to request the correction (the original price on my sales slip was unmistakable). They merely referred the call back to the store and made no record of an account dispute ... just noted I called "about something" and the call was transferred. I spoke to people in the sales department twice -- each time they assured me they knew what the problem was (they said that the "system" was doing a price override post-purchase for a few buyers) and they would refer the problem for proper credit. The third time (Feb) I spoke to the store manager, who investigated and called me back to assure me that the problem was resolved. When no credit surfaced yet again, I called credit back, who this time put me through to Furniture Customer Service. They investigated and replied they had authorized a credit based upon the store manager's request, but management overrode that authorization and required that the store manager confirm the original price. They emailed her a month ago and hadn't heard back; the credit was pending a reply from her. So I called the store again and they followed through and I just finally saw the credit on my account last week.

I haven't contact Macy's with feedback yet, but I'm inclined to suggest that this type of behavior could easily prompt someone to show up at the Customer Service desk with a baseball bat in hand.

I'm waiting with baited breath to see what finally appears on my credit report. As I recently noted, I just added $5200 to my deferred purchase account, bringing my balance to just under $10K (after the $1100 credit posted). They managed to hard pull from both TU and EQ in the few seconds I waited for credit approval of the additional purchase. I'm hoping that if a CL ultimately appears on my report, it's more than adequate to ensure that the account doesn't present a utilization problem. (I'm not inclined to call and ask about assigned limits, very hesitant to stir the murky pot that is Macy's credit.)

#94 virtualtreasure

virtualtreasure

Luck O' the Irish

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

CL reporting on all three, same limit as prior to when it ceased to report.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.