Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Macy's store card

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Macy's store card reporting (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Macy's store card limit report to the bureaus?

1. yes, same as GL when reporting stopped (3 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

2. yes, with a lower limit than before (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

3. yes, with a higher limit than before (2 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

4. yes, not sure if limit changed (1 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

5. no (65 votes [90.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 virtualtreasure

virtualtreasure
  • Members
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

So far, it has NOT been reported to any of the bureaus, despite the announcement from Macy's that it would. Whether or not you mind either way, if willing, please share- what's your recent experience with Macy's store card reporting?

#2 visorboy1974

visorboy1974
  • Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

Nothing yet...I'm hoping it'll report at the end of the month when my next statement cuts. And I'm hoping for a much larger limit...my GL is only $1000.

#3 direred

direred
  • Bloggers
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Mine's never reported and I've had Macy's for more than five years.

#4 Jon77

Jon77
  • Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Had mine since 07. It used to report, but went away when they changed the policy a year or so ago. Hasn't come back yet and I've pulled all 3 reports recently.

#5 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Had mine since 07. It used to report, but went away when they changed the policy a year or so ago. Hasn't come back yet and I've pulled all 3 reports recently.

Policy change Nov 2011, Click here

#6 virtualtreasure

virtualtreasure
  • Members
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

So far looks like they are not reporting yet for quite a few cardholders.

#7 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

There are twenty two million (22 million) Macy's accounts, and I can assure you, many millions of store accounts are reporting limits.

#8 virtualtreasure

virtualtreasure
  • Members
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

There are twenty two million (22 million) Macy's accounts, and I can assure you, many millions of store accounts are reporting limits.

No doubt, would imagine they are still working on the return to reporting and there may be still quite a ways to go.

#9 ScoreGoals

ScoreGoals
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Macy's just reported my February balance to Experian....but still not reporting my credit limit. :-(

#10 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Macy's just reported my February balance to Experian....but still not reporting my credit limit. :-(

I am guessing they are again limiting the number of accounts they begin reporting each quarter, just to control the volume of phone calls. With 22 million accounts, they tend to do things in what they call " waves ", to limit call volume.

#11 sfbehr

sfbehr
  • Members
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

They were not reporting a CL as of last month for me. I pulled my annual reports then and confirmed it that way.

I also noticed that Macy's is not reporting a separate tradeline for a deferred interest financing furniture purchase I made last summer. I know they did that previously, so has their reporting policy changed on that? I don't mind if that's the case, but am just curious.

Edited by sfbehr, 08 February 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#12 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

They were not reporting a CL as of last month for me. I pulled my annual reports then and confirmed it that way.

I also noticed that Macy's is not reporting a separate tradeline for a deferred interest financing furniture purchase I made last summer. I know they did that previously, so has their reporting policy changed on that? I don't mind if that's the case, but am just curious.

CARDA made that more complicated. Payments between the types of accounts is much more closely linked now, interest is more directly linked, so I am guessing the reporting has been integrated as well.

#13 Gaby10

Gaby10

The Anti-Suze

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

My account just reported for February, no limit reported. Just a data point.

#14 saltyeggs

saltyeggs
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Not reporting for me either and the jerks still won't give me a CLI. My 1 year anniversary for this card is next month. I'm hoping I'll finally get one or say to hell with them.

#15 muss08

muss08

Bump Influence XXXIX

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

No limit or high balance on my TU report for Macys

#16 SBA

SBA
  • Members
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Not reporting for me either and the jerks still won't give me a CLI. My 1 year anniversary for this card is next month. I'm hoping I'll finally get one or say to hell with them.

The account is helping with your Average Age of Accounts, correct? It'll help even more after it begins reporting older than 12 months, right?

#17 Jon77

Jon77
  • Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

97% of the votes say no limits reporting. Macy's better get on the ball by next month to hold to their word of having them report by "early 2012". ;)

#18 Gaby10

Gaby10

The Anti-Suze

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

97% of the votes say no limits reporting. Macy's better get on the ball by next month to hold to their word of having them report by "early 2012". ;)

The funny thing is that they were already reporting before the "policy change." I'd love to say "so just change it back!" but apparently they can't.

#19 ScoreGoals

ScoreGoals
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

(Sigh) :-(

Macy's just reported my March statement to Experian. Still not showing a credit limit.

Oh well...fingers crossed for April!

#20 sweetjaze

sweetjaze
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

I just called to check my balance and it still says "this is just a guideline that may change at any time" then says they are still establishing credit limits.

#21 Lummy

Lummy
  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I just called to check my balance and it still says "this is just a guideline that may change at any time" then says they are still establishing credit limits.

Where can I find out my CL? I've had an account for over 2 years and they never told me what my limit was

#22 sweetjaze

sweetjaze
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Where can I find out my CL? I've had an account for over 2 years and they never told me what my limit was

If you call the automated system, it will tell you what your balance is and what you have available to spend.

#23 texastyke

texastyke
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

I've had my card since '05. It is the only card that survived my recent Chapter 7 discharge without being closed. It wasn't included in my bankruptcy since it had a $0 balance. All other $0 balance CC were closed almost immediately after my filing. I have been using the card since my discharge in hopes to rebuild my credit with positive reporting to the CRA's. Unfortunately, they are not reporting anything to the CRA's such as CL, balance, payment history, etc. I haven't contacted the credit department to inquire about the lack of reporting to avoid a possible discovery of my bankruptcy filing and having my card cancelled. However, as it stands now, the card is doing nothing to rebuild credit. Looks like Macy's is neither reporting credit information to the CRA's or making "soft" inquiries?? Strange...

#24 boomersooner02000

boomersooner02000
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

I called the automated system and it just said my balance was $0. It didn't say anything about what is available to spend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

#25 bravesfanz

bravesfanz
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

I bet if Macy's card holders don't pay there bill they will report!!!....Thanks for all this info because I wont waste my time now.Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.