Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Opened new Checking and Savings BoA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scdawg

Scdawg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

I recently opened a Checking and Savings account online with Bank of America with 3 negative chexsystems entries. Also was successful with Suntrust, both Checking and Savings as well. Had to go into Suntrust Branch to sign and finalize, Bank of America was done 100% online with an E-Signature. Anyone looking for Checking may want to explore these routes.

#2 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Just watch out with BOA they will likely close your account later, just put a min amount of money.

#3 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

I recently opened a Checking and Savings account online with Bank of America with 3 negative chexsystems entries. Also was successful with Suntrust, both Checking and Savings as well. Had to go into Suntrust Branch to sign and finalize, Bank of America was done 100% online with an E-Signature. Anyone looking for Checking may want to explore these routes.

Many people open accounts at BOA and Suntrust and are later closed. I would suggest STRONGLY that you finish the process with Suntrust by sending everything in the mail. If you are reported to EWS, BOA and Suntrust may close your accounts at a later time

#4 Scdawg

Scdawg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Many people open accounts at BOA and Suntrust and are later closed. I would suggest STRONGLY that you finish the process with Suntrust by sending everything in the mail. If you are reported to EWS, BOA and Suntrust may close your accounts at a later time

Thanks for the heads up. I have been with Suntrust for 11 months now, received packet from BoA today so we shall see. I will keep you posted.

Edited by Scdawg, 24 January 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#5 gizmocruz

gizmocruz
  • Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

DEFINITELY watch out for Bank of America. They shut my down after it was opened for almost two months after a random Chex sweep, which is how I discovered that US Bank "forgot" to close my account three months prior. I found out when I couldn't log on to online banking. The entry is off now (thanks to a nasty letter from an attorney friend), but I wouldn't go back to them.

#6 rpina1

rpina1
  • Members
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Did the account stay open?

I just opened BOA while on chex using some online instructions. They did call me, verify some credit report questions and said they will get back to me.

If open, I'll be afraid to "use" the account for fear they will close it later. My original BOA account was closed due to EWS. I was later on chex due to another account.

#7 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Did the account stay open?

I just opened BOA while on chex using some online instructions. They did call me, verify some credit report questions and said they will get back to me.

If open, I'll be afraid to "use" the account for fear they will close it later. My original BOA account was closed due to EWS. I was later on chex due to another account.

I am guessing they will deny you now but I would not trust this account

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.