Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

fork in the road when choosing hipaa letter?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Im digging up more and more info on these scumbags. Syndicated is the Parent company of Central financial control. or is it central FINANCE control? there are several addresses and which is which and who is who is confusing. they recently had a class action lawsuit against them for unfair collection practices.

anybody know how to handle these dirtbags?

in my next correspondence (waiting for instruction from whychat), would it be ok to add something like this?:

PS. I am aware of the connection between CFC and SOS. I am also aware of your illegal collection tactics. Useless

Have you sent the medical DV??
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html
Have you sent the follow up dispute to the CRAs??
http://www.whychat.5...aa.html#DISPUTE

If so, file an FTC complaint against each CRA(s) and one against the CA. Send copies of the filed disputes to each CRA with the FTC file # appended( save the dispute BEFORE clicking enter)
http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

I figured that was what i need to send next. I have the DV's to the CA's addressed in envelopes, ready to mail. on way to post office momentarily. they are PO boxes so NO return receipt.

So now i gotta wait for a response from the CA or wait 30 days for NO response right?

Then send the followup to the cra's....

THANK YOU WHYCHAT!!!

I know I gotta be frustrating to deal w. But I just wanna make sure...

I'm sending med dv to ca's now. Got it.

But, do I just wait for proof of delivery and then send followup to cra's, or do I need to wait for a response or 30 days from the CAs?

Sorry to be a pita.

B

#27 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Im digging up more and more info on these scumbags. Syndicated is the Parent company of Central financial control. or is it central FINANCE control? there are several addresses and which is which and who is who is confusing. they recently had a class action lawsuit against them for unfair collection practices.

anybody know how to handle these dirtbags?

in my next correspondence (waiting for instruction from whychat), would it be ok to add something like this?:

PS. I am aware of the connection between CFC and SOS. I am also aware of your illegal collection tactics. Useless

Have you sent the medical DV??
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html
Have you sent the follow up dispute to the CRAs??
http://www.whychat.5...aa.html#DISPUTE

If so, file an FTC complaint against each CRA(s) and one against the CA. Send copies of the filed disputes to each CRA with the FTC file # appended( save the dispute BEFORE clicking enter)
http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

I figured that was what i need to send next. I have the DV's to the CA's addressed in envelopes, ready to mail. on way to post office momentarily. they are PO boxes so NO return receipt.

So now i gotta wait for a response from the CA or wait 30 days for NO response right?

Then send the followup to the cra's....

THANK YOU WHYCHAT!!!

I know I gotta be frustrating to deal w. But I just wanna make sure...

I'm sending med dv to ca's now. Got it.

But, do I just wait for proof of delivery and then send followup to cra's, or do I need to wait for a response or 30 days from the CAs?
SEND THE FOLLOW UP AS SOON AS YOU HAVE PROOF OF RECEIPT OF THE MEDICAL DV
Sorry to be a pita.

B

#28 Stingray

Stingray
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Subscribed

#29 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

just to be sure....

in this case, at this point, I am NOT paying OC?

b

#30 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

just to be sure....

in this case, at this point, I am NOT paying OC?

b

NO, you are NOT, and PLEASE keep ALL your posts in ONE thread:

does it matter if i type it or should i write it by hand on colored stationery, etc? this is the followup letter to CRA, using whychat method.

oh, should i sign letters to CRA? i think so...

This post has been edited by brobins75: Today, 09:13 AM

ONLY the initial dispute letter to the CRAs should be "non scannable" all other letters must be properly typed and "Courtroom Ready"

#31 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

THANK YOU...

will keep it to one post...

#32 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I just realized i may have screwed up. I received a verification letter for the account from EQ. But I just realized i did NOT receive one from EX or TU. I was basing their verification on what my ONLINE report says, not a paper letter. My EX says "This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Feb 2012.", but i did not receive a hardcopy for some reason (yes i disputed by mail). TU says "DISPUTE RESLVD-CUST DISAGREES" and i did not receive a hardcopy. I guess i just stared at these online results so long, i incorrectly assumed i had received a paper document too. I just ran home to retrieve these copies and they dont exist! I am waiting on delivery confirmation to the CA and ready to send Followup to the CRA's. Does this mistake change anything other than maybe some wording in my followup? i wont be able to reference EX or TU verification letter in my followup. EX and TU apparently HAVE verified, just didnt get a letter.

sorry i am so screwed up!!!

Edited by brobins75, 05 March 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#33 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

I just realized i may have screwed up. I received a verification letter for the account from EQ. But I just realized i did NOT receive one from EX or TU. I was basing their verification on what my ONLINE report says, not a paper letter. My EX says "This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Feb 2012.", but i did not receive a hardcopy for some reason (yes i disputed by mail). TU says "DISPUTE RESLVD-CUST DISAGREES" and i did not receive a hardcopy. I guess i just stared at these online results so long, i incorrectly assumed i had received a paper document too. I just ran home to retrieve these copies and they dont exist! I am waiting on delivery confirmation to the CA and ready to send Followup to the CRA's. Does this mistake change anything other than maybe some wording in my followup? i wont be able to reference EX or TU verification letter in my followup. EX and TU apparently HAVE verified, just didnt get a letter.

sorry i am so screwed up!!!

Ok, i printed out my online report showing TU verified and used this in my followup letter.

As for EX, I finally got the letter in the mail saying UPDATED (verified?). I am ready to send the follow-up letter for EX but the USPS site just says "Arrival at Unit" for days now.

this CA has multiple different addresses and its just plain sketchy. They accept it at the other addresses, but not this one. is that by design? what if i accept "arrival at unit" as delivered and proceed? and then what if it is returned to sender afterward? I saw your advice to accept "arrival at unit" and then it was in fact returned...

thanks whychat.

#34 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

bumpety bump for Whychat.

Should i accept "Arrival at Unit" as proof of delivery? This CA has a different address listed on each cra report, so i had to send the letter to 3 different PO boxes. do you think this is by design? I think its a good tactic to delay my progress. If they accept it at one or more of their PO boxes, and the last box is their "Stall" box. If they don't accept the mail at this box it creates a delay of 14 days.... my tin hat again. but if i were a scumbag CA, i could imagine using such tactics.

I read another post where it looked like you advised accepting this as proof of delivery, but then it looks like it backfired on the guy. I already fired off the follow-up letter for the other two CRA's, but just waiting on this last one. Should i wait a certain number of days? should i send now?

thanks

#35 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Should i accept "Arrival at Unit" as proof of delivery? This CA has a different address listed on each cra report, so i had to send the letter to 3 different PO boxes. do you think this is by design? I think its a good tactic to delay my progress. If they accept it at one or more of their PO boxes, and the last box is their "Stall" box. If they don't accept the mail at this box it creates a delay of 14 days.... my tin hat again. but if i were a scumbag CA, i could imagine using such tactics.

I read another post where it looked like you advised accepting this as proof of delivery, but then it looks like it backfired on the guy. I already fired off the follow-up letter for the other two CRA's, but just waiting on this last one. Should i wait a certain number of days? should i send now?

thanks

Please do not consider "advice" I have given to another poster as valid for your situation, ( or their results) every situation is different.

I do NOT understand your specific problem at this point, you have a VERY long thread and I don't have time to review it now.

WHAT EXACTLY is your current "hang-up"?? If it is the sending of the follow up dispute to the CRAs with a copy of the medical DV you have sent to the CA, please SEND IT. You mailed the medical DV to the address for the CA that was on your credit report?? You have a print out of delivery to THAT PO address?? That is all you need.

#36 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

thanks

Please do not consider "advice" I have given to another poster as valid for your situation, ( or their results) every situation is different.

I do NOT understand your specific problem at this point, you have a VERY long thread and I don't have time to review it now.

WHAT EXACTLY is your current "hang-up"?? If it is the sending of the follow up dispute to the CRAs with a copy of the medical DV you have sent to the CA, please SEND IT. You mailed the medical DV to the address for the CA that was on your credit report?? You have a print out of delivery NO, IT SAYS "ARRIVAL AT UNIT" to THAT PO address?? That is all you need.

OK ONLY THE FACTS FROM NOW ON.

I do NOT have a printout showing DELIVERY. It shows "ARRIVAL at UNIT". Unlike the other two I have that changed from "ARRIVAL at UNIT" to "DELIVERED" status. I will be sending this anyway unless i hear back from you before noon.

thank you.

#37 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

thanks

WHAT EXACTLY is your current "hang-up"?? If it is the sending of the follow up dispute to the CRAs with a copy of the medical DV you have sent to the CA, please SEND IT. You mailed the medical DV to the address for the CA that was on your credit report?? You have a print out of delivery NO, IT SAYS "ARRIVAL AT UNIT" to THAT PO address?? That is all you need.

I do NOT have a printout showing DELIVERY. It shows "ARRIVAL at UNIT". Unlike the other two I have that changed from "ARRIVAL at UNIT" to "DELIVERED" status. I will be sending this anyway unless i hear back from you before noon.

thank you.

Arrival at unit is the same as "delivered" for a PO box. The "unit" is the PO where the box is located.

#38 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

thanks

thank you.

Arrival at unit is the same as "delivered" for a PO box. The "unit" is the PO where the box is located.

ok, thanks for the clarification. I wanted to be sure, b/c a google of "arrival at unit" yields results stating that "unit" is the local post office and the owner of the box still has to accept it before status is changed to "delivered".

thanks

#39 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

thanks

thank you.

ok, thanks for the clarification. I wanted to be sure, b/c a google of "arrival at unit" yields results stating that "unit" is the local post office and the owner of the box still has to accept it before status is changed to "delivered".

thanks

To the best of my knowledge the ONLY mail that must be "claimed" would be mail with a return receipt requested, otherwise it is just placed in the PO boc.

#40 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

a little update, i dont know if this really means anything, but EQ changed the status of this account from

"Consumer disputes this account information, Collection account"

to

"Consumer disputes this account information, Medical"

i guess that means they are doing something with it.....

#41 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

thanks

thank you.

thanks

Well, i accepted "arrival at unit" as proof of delivery, and sure enough, it was returned to sender. What should i do since i already sent the followup letter based on this? i think i will send another letter disputing it based on bad address?

#42 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Well, i accepted "arrival at unit" as proof of delivery, and sure enough, it was returned to sender. What should i do since i already sent the followup letter based on this? i think i will send another letter disputing it based on bad address?

Are you saying that you sent it certified only WITHOUT a return receipt requested, and it was returned to you??

If so, it means that the CA did not leave a forwarding address for their PO box.

Wait for the response from your redispute letter before jumping in with another dispute.

On the other hand, if you sent it with a return receipt requested, contrary to the instructions,then you can resend it to the CA certified only and it will be forwarded.

#43 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Are you saying that you sent it certified only WITHOUT a return receipt requested, and it was returned to you??

If so, it means that the CA did not leave a forwarding address for their PO box.

Wait for the response from your redispute letter before jumping in with another dispute.

On the other hand, if you sent it with a return receipt requested, contrary to the instructions,then you can resend it to the CA certified only and it will be forwarded.

Yes, certified only. So I will wait for EX response to the followup letter before I proceed. if the address was wrong, maybe the other contact info is also incorrect. If so, would this be the same contact info that EX would have used to verify the last dispute? Proving that they didn't really verify if its a bad phone number? I guess they verify electronically though?

I Will be back for more advice. When this is over, I will be sure to visit your charities. (Regardless of the final outcome!)

Thanks again

#44 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Just got an email from EQ stating the reinvestigation is in progress and "click here for online delivery of results" and of course u lose ur paper trail and I think it gives them extra 15 days too? I didn't click it. But honestly, the few things I did dispute online were always resolved quickly. but those were just name address disputes and one really old account that was an obvious deletion.

#45 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

WhyChat, I got a "frivilous" response from TU. They say they won't reinvestigate unless I can "provide court papers or a letter from the creditor that explains what info should be updated".

It looks like EQ has started their reinvestigation and I screwed up EX and sent the followup and shortly after my dispute to CA was returned due to bad address. So I'm waiting on EX to reply and possibly dispute again since address is bad.

So what next for TU?

Thx

#46 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

WhyChat, I got a "frivilous" response from TU. They say they won't reinvestigate unless I can "provide court papers or a letter from the creditor that explains what info should be updated".

It looks like EQ has started their reinvestigation and I screwed up EX and sent the followup and shortly after my dispute to CA was returned due to bad address. So I'm waiting on EX to reply and possibly dispute again since address is bad.

So what next for TU?

Thx

Wait a few days, then double check TU through the "back door" they frequently send out these letters but have actually deleted.

#47 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

So what next for TU?

Thx

Wait a few days, then double check TU through the "back door" they frequently send out these letters but have actually deleted.

TU won't let me in the backdoor, frontdoor, or sidedoor. They won't even let me buy the $11 report online. I'm stuck. In a loop that won't allow it. I can eventually get to a fcra and paid copy of my report that I pulled a while back but its not updated. What should I do? Call them?

#48 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

So what next for TU?

Thx

TU won't let me in the backdoor, frontdoor, or sidedoor. They won't even let me buy the $11 report online. I'm stuck. In a loop that won't allow it. I can eventually get to a fcra and paid copy of my report that I pulled a while back but its not updated. What should I do? Call them?Yes, say you have received a letter but not a new copy of your report and since you are having issues with ID theft you need to make sure that they sent your updated report to the correct address

#49 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

So what next for TU?

Thx

TU won't let me in the backdoor, frontdoor, or sidedoor. They won't even let me buy the $11 report online. I'm stuck. In a loop that won't allow it. I can eventually get to a fcra and paid copy of my report that I pulled a while back but its not updated. What should I do? Call them?Yes, say you have received a letter but not a new copy of your report and since you are having issues with ID theft you need to make sure that they sent your updated report to the correct address

I think I accomplished this. I confused the Indian fellow so much that he eventually just gave in and says he is sending me a new report in 5-7 days. He tried to give me a Fraud alert and tried to start a new dispute. I hope he didn't screw something up.

Also, I got 2 letters from EQ today. One says they are placing a fraud alert on my file for 90 days. Which aint a big deal to me, I already have a security freeze! The next letter says they can't process my recent dispute bc there is a fraud alert on my file and they need me to resubmit the dispute and send identification with dispute this time. Seems like a bunch of delay tactics to me. According to the email they sent, the reinvestigation was in progress and they wanted me to agree to online delivery of results which I did not. So which is it? Under reinvestigation or not? Jerks.

So do I resubmit to EQ? Send exact copy of original or what?

No word from the mistaken followup to EX.

#50 brobins75

brobins75
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

Whychat, here is a recap for clarity. I have received a response from all 3 now. Not a resolution, but a response.

1. TU has received the followup letter and declared this a FRIVOLOUS dispute and states they will not re-investigate.

2. EQ has added a FRAUD ALERT and forwarded this alert to EX and TU. Which I believe may be a good sign, However, it appears they did not process my dispute. I received another letter from EQ the very same day, that states "we received your request concerning your Equifax credit file. However, with the information that you provided, Equifax was unable to locate a credit file. A copy of one item in each of the categories below is needed in order to verify your identification and address......Please resubmit your request, the requested information, and this letter to the address below."

So how should handle this? Do i send EXACT copies of my original follow letter, or do i add anything new to this? it seems obvious that i need to resend everything and include my ID and add a new opening page describing what i am resubmitting. just wanna make sure this is correct....

3. EX is a mess. The CA address was wrong, and i was awaiting for the original CA dispute to arrive and i accepted "arrival at unit" as proof of delivery. This was eventually returned to send as undeliverable. So ultimately, i could end up disputing this with EX as a BAD ADDRESS. However, I sent the followup to EX, based on "arrival at unit". I have received no response to my followup letter. I have received a FRAUD ALERT letter from EX that was initiated by EQ. I am concerned that EX will update the CA address before they respond to my followup and then i will be screwed for disputing based on the bad CA address. Please advise.

Thanks Whychat

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.