Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Thank You DollarBill

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 SuperGurl72

SuperGurl72
  • Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

Woooohooooo I had my husband try your method this afternoon for a judgement that was showing on his equifax report. We just recently got a cpy of his report and there was a judgement he knew nothing of. Anyways he is a 2nd and the judgement was not showing the 2nd on his report. So I had him use your method asking if the ss was tied to it. Well of course it was not so after the transferred him to another dept he tells them how he is really concerned that it belongs to another person with his name and that lady at equifax said it will be removed from his report. Thank you!

#2 by2

by2
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Woooohooooo I had my husband try your method this afternoon for a judgement that was showing on his equifax report. We just recently got a cpy of his report and there was a judgement he knew nothing of. Anyways he is a 2nd and the judgement was not showing the 2nd on his report. So I had him use your method asking if the ss was tied to it. Well of course it was not so after the transferred him to another dept he tells them how he is really concerned that it belongs to another person with his name and that lady at equifax said it will be removed from his report. Thank you!

Good for you, wrote Macy's and two others a good will letter (of course template received from CB) and they are removing all late information from my three CB's. Thanks again CB!!!

#3 ihatecollections

ihatecollections
  • Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

im going to hav to try the phone becasue letters and online didnt work for eq

#4 SuperGurl72

SuperGurl72
  • Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

I have read many posts that this method works. I however wonder if it would have worked as well if my husband was not a second generation. Regardless of why it worked I am tickled. We still have a long way to go to get our credit where we want I but every little bit helps.

#5 SuperGurl72

SuperGurl72
  • Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

I have read many posts that this method works. I however wonder if it would have worked as well if my husband was not a second generation. Regardless of why it worked I am tickled. We still have a long way to go to get our credit where we want it but every little bit helps.

#6 jeff1964

jeff1964
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

I have read many posts that this method works. I however wonder if it would have worked as well if my husband was not a second generation. Regardless of why it worked I am tickled. We still have a long way to go to get our credit where we want it but every little bit helps.

It would work if you're the first, second or third....doesn't matter. If the collection, judgement, tax lien doesn't have your SS# attached to it, then the CRA can't say for sure that it is YOURS. They are required to report ACCURATE information and if your SS# is not attached to whatever is being reported, then how can they possibly know for sure it is YOURS??? They inevitably have to delete it from your file....

Dollar Bill has done us all a HUGE favor by shedding light on this method. I for one have had several deletions from my report and DW has had one also. It's important to just make sure you understand the process before you use it, especially if you're gonna call the CRA on the phone...

THANKS DOLLAR BILL!!!!!!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

#7 iStruckpaydirt

iStruckpaydirt
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

It would work if you're the first, second or third....doesn't matter. If the collection, judgement, tax lien doesn't have your SS# attached to it, then the CRA can't say for sure that it is YOURS. They are required to report ACCURATE information and if your SS# is not attached to whatever is being reported, then how can they possibly know for sure it is YOURS??? They inevitably have to delete it from your file....

Dollar Bill has done us all a HUGE favor by shedding light on this method. I for one have had several deletions from my report and DW has had one also. It's important to just make sure you understand the process before you use it, especially if you're gonna call the CRA on the phone...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread as it came right on time. Congrats on the removals. How can you tell if you have your SSN attached to a judgment? I thought that they always have your SSN attached to them.

#8 SuperGurl72

SuperGurl72
  • Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

There is a huge thread on it but i can not figure out how to link to it from my phone I will see if I can find it and bump it for you.

#9 jeff1964

jeff1964
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread as it came right on time. Congrats on the removals. How can you tell if you have your SSN attached to a judgment? I thought that they always have your SSN attached to them.

READ THIS ALL THE WAY THROUGH !!!!

http://creditboards....howtopic=469242

This thread tells you in detail how to dispute using the "Dollar Bill" method....I've used it and have had a tax lien and judgement removed from EQ in 5 days!!!!!

Good Luck!!! If you need help, just let us know....

:grin:

#10 iStruckpaydirt

iStruckpaydirt
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

^^Thank you so much for the link. I will definitely be asking questions if need be, lol.

#11 jeff1964

jeff1964
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

^^Thank you so much for the link. I will definitely be asking questions if need be, lol.

Your welcome and good luck!!!!

:good:

#12 mbl280

mbl280
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

I just disputed a couple of judgements via this method today...hopefully I'll get some good news soon. It took me two tries with TU. The first csr stonewalled me and and said that if I didn't have a specific similar name to give him then all he would do is dispute as "not mine". I called backed later and had a different csr change the dispute to "similar name". EX was a pita! I dealt with two a**hole reps that both told me that the one judgement I was attempting to dispute as similar name had been previously verified and they refused to put in my dispute. The did, however, tell me that my SSN was not tied to it...their mistake. I was just about to delve into a BBB complaint and thought I would give it one last go...and what do you know...the next csr was nice as could be and put in my new "similar name" dispute. Crossing my fingers.

#13 CoderBlix

CoderBlix
  • Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

After reading this thread I am wondering if it would help my score to dispute some collection activity on my report. Would someone mind taking a look at the below screen-shot and letting me know if this is the type of thing that can be succesfully disputed? I am not even sure how negative these items are as I am not sure what their status is (what the heck does automated account mean?)...any help or advice would be greatly appreciated (I have removed the account numbers)...

Posted Image

#14 CoderBlix

CoderBlix
  • Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

After reading this thread I am wondering if it would help my score to dispute some collection activity on my report. Would someone mind taking a look at the below screen-shot and letting me know if this is the type of thing that can be succesfully disputed? I am not even sure how negative these items are as I am not sure what their status is (what the heck does automated account mean?)...any help or advice would be greatly appreciated (I have removed the account numbers)...

Posted Image

Those are easy to get off!

Do I just need to dispute them online? Any idea how negativley something like these might affect my scores?

#15 fusioncredit

fusioncredit

Bump Influence XXIII

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

Do I just need to dispute them online? Any idea how negativley something like these might affect my scores?

With EX call to dispute as similar name/similar person, With EQ and TU dispute online choosing the similar name/person option

Regarding how much your score will go up...there's only one way to find out Posted Image

Make sure you have fico scores before hand so you can compare after cleaning up your report.

Edited by fusioncredit, 26 February 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#16 skittlesj20

skittlesj20
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

On hold with EX now and am about to try this. I will let you guys know what happens. I am nervous!!!

#17 skittlesj20

skittlesj20
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Well the paid collection account I asked about did have my SSN attached to it :( Another note I got 2 variations of my name deleted along with 4 addresses.

#18 ashlia

ashlia
  • Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

All of these phone calls and online disputes are making me hyper ventilate. If something gets reinserted, you'll have no paper trail.

#19 skittlesj20

skittlesj20
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

All of these phone calls and online disputes are making me hyper ventilate. If something gets reinserted, you'll have no paper trail.

They said they will email me once the changes have taken effect.

#20 ashlia

ashlia
  • Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

But you don't have copies of written disputes...you have no certified mail green cards...

all you have is the CRA's word...yikes.

Maybe I just learned "old school"(or as Lt. VanBuren would say "the right way,") but, IMO all disputes should be in writing, and sent CMRRR. Look, I've been there, I had thirty plus deletions in less than a year, and a fantastic success story to post on CB...and I have FOLDERS full of documentation to back all this up....good thing too...I've needed it a few times. Good luck. YMMV.

Edited by ashlia, 27 February 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#21 CoderBlix

CoderBlix
  • Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

With EX call to dispute as similar name/similar person, With EQ and TU dispute online choosing the similar name/person option

Regarding how much your score will go up...there's only one way to find out Posted Image

Make sure you have fico scores before hand so you can compare after cleaning up your report.

OK...I disputed these online yesterday with all three (EX, EQ, and TU). The TU is already showing as 2 of 3 actions completed (I disputed 3 with TU). Any idea if that is good or bad news? I disputed as similar name....

#22 ashlia

ashlia
  • Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image

OK...I disputed these online yesterday with all three (EX, EQ, and TU). The TU is already showing as 2 of 3 actions completed (I disputed 3 with TU). Any idea if that is good or bad news? I disputed as similar name....

If they came back within 24 hours, they likely came back verified. Disputing online is the easiest, and fastest way to have your accounts verified and makes them hard to dispute in the future. Oh, and you did all the work for the CRA. Disputes should be snail mail, CMRRR. There are threads upon threads upon threads on why you should never dispute online(see one below from moderator Pryan). Slow and steady wins the race.

http://creditboards....howtopic=243938&

#23 worldultimate

worldultimate
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

If they came back within 24 hours, they likely came back verified. Disputing online is the easiest, and fastest way to have your accounts verified and makes them hard to dispute in the future. Oh, and you did all the work for the CRA. Disputes should be snail mail, CMRRR. There are threads upon threads upon threads on why you should never dispute online(see one below from moderator Pryan). Slow and steady wins the race.

http://creditboards....howtopic=243938&

This is not completely true.I disputed a judgement(paid state tax lien) last month online with TU at 9pm and by 7 am the next morning got an alert that my dispute had been completed.Result--DELETED!!:clapping:
EX only took 1 day as well for the same tax lien and EQ took 1 week..All deletes..There is more than one way to have negs deleted from your report and some work better than others.Just do lots of research.

#24 ashlia

ashlia
  • Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

But you don't have copies of written disputes...you have no certified mail green cards...

all you have is the CRA's word...yikes.

Maybe I just learned "old school"(or as Lt. VanBuren would say "the right way,") but, IMO all disputes should be in writing, and sent CMRRR. Look, I've been there, I had thirty plus deletions in less than a year, and a fantastic success story to post on CB...and I have FOLDERS full of documentation to back all this up....good thing too...I've needed it a few times. Good luck. YMMV.

Not everyone has TX law or TFC at their disposal, I too am like u paper trail etc..

TFC does not apply to a credit reprting agency. I used Jack Attack, SOL, and Why Chat's Judgement Letter among others. If you are getting a paper trail, that is great. Some of the other posters in this thread are not, and that could be a mistake. Only pointing out it isn't a bad thing to have. YMMV.

#25 mbl280

mbl280
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

As of this morning I am JUDGEMENT FREE across all three CRAs!! :clapping: I had two unpaid judgments and thanks to Dollar Bill they're out like a fat kid in dodgeball :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.