Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Do I need to send 1 letter per account in order to reduce my interest rate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dman2

Dman2
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

In order to have my interest rate reduced under the SCRA, do I have to send 1 certify letter RRR per account or just 1 per creditor?

For example; I have 3 chase credit cards, do I need to send 3 letters?

I appreciate any help

#2 ToddP

ToddP
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Haven't done this, but I would think just list all of your accounts with that creditor. So you would likes all 3 Chase cards on your letter to Chase.

#3 jandah55

jandah55
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I just sent an email from within our Chase Online Account services site, requesting the SCRA rates. They immediately forwarded my email to the proper department , from which I received instructions on where to mail a copy of orders. I did that, and very quickly got all the cards (have three accounts) reduced to 6%. For my Citicards, I did the same thing, immediately got a response to fax orders to a the SCRA Unit, and within a very short time they lowered the rates on both my accounts to ZERO. That one kind of blew my mind, even though I do have excellent credit and have never been late.

Edited by jandah55, 19 January 2012 - 03:08 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.