Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Sallie Mae Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Goose123

Goose123
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

I have fairly recent lates(July, August 2011) that I would love to remove. They are right before I went into forbearance. I come out of forbearance in February 2012.

Does Sallie Mae respond better to letters or the phone?

#2 Nitro3

Nitro3
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

I wrote them a hand written good will back in December for (2) 60day lates back in 2010 and havnt heard nor seen anything on my CR from them.

YMMV. Keep us updated on your outcome.

#3 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Goood lucckkkk lmao aint nobody gonna help u at Sallie Mae...

Better to just use the stamps for the CRAs...ive been writing letters to them for years... My little brother was murdered and I seem to have forgotten about the student loans ($50 a month only ..)

If they wont show a little sympathy for that then I dont know,what,would. :/

I knew Sallie Mae was crappy but thats just a new low to me...what kind of company couldnt help the family of a murder victim? Those two loans,are paid, too! Wow!

#4 Goose123

Goose123
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Just to update, I printed the letter from SL saying I am in deferment 1-2011 to 2-2012. I mailed it CMRR to the big three asking them how I could be late while I was in deferment.

Waiting on their response.

#5 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just to update, I printed the letter from SL saying I am in deferment 1-2011 to 2-2012. I mailed it CMRR to the big three asking them how I could be late while I was in deferment.

Waiting on their response.

That should do it. If they "verify" then ask for Method Of Verification.

I usually dispute again and send in some "new information" (to keep it from being labeled as a "frivolous" dispute) AND request MOV in the same letter.

#6 LynnInMN

LynnInMN

CB Student Loan Guru

• Forum Leads
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

Did you get a retro deferment??? If so, that has no bearing on the CRA's

#7 Goose123

Goose123
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Did you get a retro deferment??? If so, that has no bearing on the CRA's

Not sure, but that is what it sounds like. By the time Sallie Mae tracked me down (out of work, moving around), they offered me the deferment.

TU completed their investigation and came back verified.

I called Sallie Mae minutes ago. They told me that the lates are an error because I was in deferment that year. They said they will be correcting the info with the CRA's!

I will update when I see the bureaus update. Makes me wonder what TU verified?

#8 Goose123

Goose123
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Just to update.

Lynn, you were right. My report never updated after a month, so I called them back. They said the forbearance had nothing to do with the accurate lates. They are going to use my call to coach the CSR that had given me the wrong info.

This dashes my credit repair after unemployment hopes. Looks like this will be on me for 7 years.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.