Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Just to make sure I've got this right.......

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 CreditRepairDiva

CreditRepairDiva
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

I was just reveiwing the Medical Debt Validation letter from Why Chat's and it stated " DO NOT send it RR -WAIT FOR THE FULL RESPONSE FROM THE CRA BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THE HIPAA LETTER PROCESS"

I have been looking to see waht "RR" mean but have not found it in the glossary.
Can someone tell me what that means?

Thanks! :)

#27 CreditRepairDiva

CreditRepairDiva
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

I was just reveiwing the Medical Debt Validation letter from Why Chat's and it stated " DO NOT send it RR -WAIT FOR THE FULL RESPONSE FROM THE CRA BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THE HIPAA LETTER PROCESS"

I have been looking to see waht "RR" mean but have not found it in the glossary.
Can someone tell me what that means?

Thanks! :)

UPDATE: I just what it means "Return Receipt"

#28 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

I received the last response to my three hipaa / CRA letters. It's a letter from Experian and all it basically says if I have questions on the results of the dispute process then I need to contact the original furnisher.......and there are no results..........???????

I'm assuming they want me to go online to look up the dispute via the report #. Should I do this or insist on mail based communications? I think I know the results anyway.....per USAA report monitoring it looks like they left all four entries on my report.

BTW, does anyone know what the "Refresh Report" button is for in the USAA monitoring main profile page? Says it free for members...... below is the line item if the button is clicked:

Order Summary
Posted ImageProduct Price CreditCheck Monitoring Premium 3-Bureau Report & Scores $0.00

Thanks!

Send the reporting CA(s) this: ( follow ALL the directions)
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html
As soon as you have proof of receipt, ( green card or printout from the PO ) send each CRA this:
http://www.whychat.5...aa.html#DISPUTE

Can I go online to view the dispute results from Experian? I want to make sure there's no negative effect by doing this.

Also, I assume I can send one letter to a CA for two entries on their report. Correct? Thanks!

Edited by 930S, 05 February 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#29 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

I received the last response to my three hipaa / CRA letters. It's a letter from Experian and all it basically says if I have questions on the results of the dispute process then I need to contact the original furnisher.......and there are no results..........???????

I'm assuming they want me to go online to look up the dispute via the report #. Should I do this or insist on mail based communications? I think I know the results anyway.....per USAA report monitoring it looks like they left all four entries on my report.

BTW, does anyone know what the "Refresh Report" button is for in the USAA monitoring main profile page? Says it free for members...... below is the line item if the button is clicked:

Order Summary
Posted ImageProduct Price CreditCheck Monitoring Premium 3-Bureau Report & Scores $0.00

Thanks!

As soon as you have proof of receipt, ( green card or printout from the PO ) send each CRA this:

Can I go online to view the dispute results from Experian? I want to make sure there's no negative effect by doing this. As long as you do not click the box that says you want your results via e-mail or internet, and make sure you UNCHECK the box that opts you back in, and DO NOT actually dispute anything, you should be OK

Also, I assume I can send one letter to a CA for two entries on their report. Correct? Thanks! ??? If you are sending the reporting CA the medical DV you send them one letter for EACH CRA they are reporting to. Are you saying that you have a CA who is reporting TWO different accounts on ONE credit report??, If so, yes, then list both accounts as they are reporting, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE DISPUTED THEM BOTH WITH THAT CRA FIRST

Edited by Why Chat, 05 February 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#30 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Why Chat, thanks for the response!

To answer your questions:

- Are you saying that you have a CA who is reporting TWO different accounts on ONE credit report?? YES. It appears to be one legitimate PAID account and a duplicate reported to one CRA (Experian). So I'm going to write One letter to the ONE CA who is reporting these two accounts.

- If so, yes, then list both accounts as they are reporting, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE DISPUTED THEM BOTH WITH THAT CRA FIRST -YES, these were disputed with the CRA.

UPDATE:

So I clicked on the Refresh Report button on my USAA Credit Monitoring account Home Page and it does indeed compile a new, updated report. As a monthly subscriber you're entitled to free report "refreshing".
It now shows the one negative account with a balance has been removed from Experian and a "FICO Plus" (FAKO?) increase of 21 points. When I get home I'll also view the dispute results online to see if Experian's results directly reflect this info as well.

Now it's time to write the follow up letters as advised....... Will report progress as it occurs.......

Edited by 930S, 06 February 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#31 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

UPDATE

I just went on to Experian's website and viewed my dispute as the letter they sent was blank.

• One account was Deleted...as mentioned above.
  • Two have a status of : Remains (This is mentioned above as a Paid account with duplicate)
  • The fourth account is Pending (This is the settlement I naively accepted and paid for < the original amount)

Is there anything I can do with the pending account or just hang tight? I assume Experian is waiting for info from the CA (Trans Continental)?

So far the HIIPA letters have done very well! Just a bit more and I'm good to go....

#32 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Bump for Why Chat.

Curious about the question above regarding the Pending status and the letters I've written (but haven't sent) as per the prior instructions*.

* Send the reporting CA(s) this: ( follow ALL the directions)

Edited by 930S, 09 February 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#33 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

Bump for Why Chat.

Curious about the question above regarding the Pending status and the letters I've written (but haven't sent) as per the prior instructions*.

* Send the reporting CA(s) this: ( follow ALL the directions)

And you haven't sent them WHY??

If you wait around for the CRAs to do something you are losing momentum.

#34 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Letters sent first thing this morn. Will post back.

Edited by 930S, 10 February 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#35 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Quick question regarding follow-up letter to each CRA:: Do I send using - paper with background / matching ink / italic font - as I did for the initial letters?

Edited by 930S, 13 February 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#36 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Quick question regarding follow-up letter to each CRA:: Do I send using - paper with background / matching ink / italic font - as I did for the initial letters?

No, only the initial dispute letter is done that way. ALL other correspondence should be properly typed and "Courtroom Ready"

#37 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Latest news is I received delivery confirmation from each of the (two) CAs and immediately sent the follow-up letters to Equifax and Experian. Should be there by Saturday (2/18).

In the mean time I went to Experian's website to check on the dispute status and it's no longer available. It was opened on 01/03/12 and the initial investigation yielded a Deletion, two Verified and one Pending account. This is the message I receive:
Posted Image
Either you have not recently requested an investigation and there is no investigation pending, or some of the items that are being investigated may not appear until later because they required additional processing.

No change in status is reflected on my USAA report.

Will report back with progress....Posted Image

Edited by 930S, 17 February 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#38 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hi Why Chat....

As of early last week the CRAs (EX & EQ) received my follow-up letters on the heels of the CAs letters....as recommended.

Do I just sit tight and wait for responses? Anything I can do in the mean time?

Fingers crossed.

Thanks!

#39 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hi Why Chat....

As of early last week the CRAs (EX & EQ) received my follow-up letters on the heels of the CAs letters....as recommended.

Do I just sit tight and wait for responses? Anything I can do in the mean time?

Fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Patience

#40 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Ok, it appears the settlement on my Experian report has been deleted...great news.

Thanks Why Chat.

Now I'm down to my last two (almost identical) items. Here's what I have...

Item 1- A PAID item for a very small ($50) amount. (CA is Common Wealth Financial Systems(aka Northeast Collections))
Item 2 - What appears to be a duplicate PAID item with a slightly different acct #...last digit is incremented by 1.

These two items show on both my Equifax and Experian Reports. Interestingly the name of the CA no longer shows up on my credit report for Equifax. (report via USAA)

I just received a reply from my follow-up letters (to CA and then to CRA) and both CRAs stated that these have been verified. Experian goes a bit further and says not to bother disputing again unless I have additional info to further my case.

I have heard nothing from the CA.

Anything I can do to further dispute?

As always, thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out. It's very much appreciated.

Edited by 930S, 09 March 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#41 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Ok, it appears the settlement on my Experian report has been deleted...great news.

Thanks Why Chat.

Now I'm down to my last two (almost identical) items. Here's what I have...

Item 1- A PAID item for a very small ($50) amount. (CA is Common Wealth Financial Systems(aka Northeast Collections))
Item 2 - What appears to be a duplicate PAID item with a slightly different acct #...last digit is incremented by 1.

These two items show on both my Equifax and Experian Reports. Interestingly the name of the CA no longer shows up on my credit report for Equifax. (report via USAA)

I just received a reply from my follow-up letters (to CA and then to CRA) and both CRAs stated that these have been verified. Experian goes a bit further and says not to bother disputing again unless I have additional info to further my case.

I have heard nothing from the CA.

Anything I can do to further dispute?

As always, thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out. It's very much appreciated.

OK,
Check each CRA ( back door) before taking the following steps

File a complaint against both Eq and Ex
http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

Make sure you save each complaint BEFORE clicking enter.

In the complaint you state that Ex/Eq. has refused to delete or properly investigate a dispute filed on an unknown medical account that is appearing twice under 2 different Collection Agency names, ( give names and account #s as they appear on the report you are complaining about)State that you have provided Eq/Ex with copies of validation requests made to the reporting CA's and have had no response from the reporting CAs. State that Eq/Ex is in violation of FACTA and the FCRA for refusing to properly investigate,and allowing duplicated fraudulent entries to remain on your reports.

Print out each dispute and add the FTC file # to each, send a copy of each dispute to each CRA Att: Compliance Drept. with a short cover letter stating that you reserve the right to file for damages failing their immediate compliance with the FCRA and FACTA.

#42 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Suggested / additional verbiage for letter to CRA after filing FTC complaint:

" I reserve the right to take further action including filing appropriate complaints with the OCR on HIPAA violations, the (name of your State)'s Attorney General under the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009. ( your State) 's consumer protection agencies, the BBB and to take civil action to recover damages."

Question regarding above:

"(name of your State)'s Attorney General" & "
( your State) 's consumer protection agencies" - Is this for the state I reside in or where the medical care purportedly took place.....or both?

Thanks!

Edited by 930S, 26 March 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#43 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi Whychat: I just received results from the latest action.......

Refresher:

I was down to my last two (almost identical) items.
These two items show on both my Equifax and Experian Reports.

Action taken:

I then took your advice: File a complaint against both Eq and Ex http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

Result:

Experian deleted 1 entry from my file (presumably the duplicate) and stated the other entry belonged to me.

Equifax stated both entries belonged to me.

Am I at the end of my rope? Any further action I can take?

Thanks again!

#44 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Refresher:

I was down to my last two (almost identical) items.
These two items show on both my Equifax and Experian Reports.

Action taken:

I then took your advice: File a complaint against both Eq and Ex http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

Result:

Experian deleted 1 entry from my file (presumably the duplicate) and stated the other entry belonged to me.

Equifax stated both entries belonged to me.

Am I at the end of my rope? Any further action I can take?

Thanks again!

Hmmm-- When you say "stated" are you saying that you received written communication from each CRA in response to your FTC complaint and copy with cover letter to them??

Go on line, ( back door) to each CRA and see what is REALLY going on. Come back to this post with the results.

#45 930S

930S
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hmmm-- When you say "stated" are you saying that you received written communication from each CRA in response to your FTC complaint and copy with cover letter to them??

Go on line, ( back door) to each CRA and see what is REALLY going on. Come back to this post with the results.

Yes, I did receive written communications from both Equifax and Experian in response to my complaint(s) (with cover letter(s), according to your instructions). I also verified each with USAA monitoring and then backdoor for each CRA.

Edited by 930S, 26 April 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#46 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Yes, I did receive written communications from both Equifax and Experian in response to my complaint(s) (with cover letter(s), according to your instructions). I also verified each with USAA monitoring and then backdoor for each CRA.

OK, these are medical accounts reporting as "paid"??

Wait a few weeks, recheck on line ( back door)

Dispute ON LINE as "obsolete" check off whatever is closest and in the comments section state Default date prior to 02/15/2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.