Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

2012 Getting ( and STAYING) healthy thread

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#51 deluxmary2000

deluxmary2000
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

30mins - 1.5 miles. :mellow: I guess that's what happens when you dont work out for 7 months, Tubby. (speaking to myself)

Can't wait to get back to 10 min miles. I'm such a slacker. ^_^

Speed is way less important than persistence ;)

30mins - 1.5 miles. :mellow: I guess that's what happens when you dont work out for 7 months, Tubby. (speaking to myself)

Can't wait to get back to 10 min miles. I'm such a slacker. ^_^

You're NOT a slacker. You just lapped everyone who is sitting on the couch :P

And 148 lbs is my goal weight, so I hate you :beee:

You're also a giant. Sit down, Jolly Green. :mellow:

Truth. Did you know mini-DM2K is now 4 FEET tall? She's 5. :swoon:

#52 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

You're NOT a slacker. You just lapped everyone who is sitting on the couch :P

And 148 lbs is my goal weight, so I hate you :beee:

Honey, on my frame 148lbs makes me look like a sausage in casing. All my clothes are uber tight and it's really not attractive. Or like my grandma used to say "Your butt looks like two boar hogs in a tote sack". :| Plus there's the whole fact that I am usually 148lbs for 6 months out of the year. Got to stop backsliding. Apparently when my brain hears "healthy lifestyle" it just shuts down. :lol:

You're also a giant. Sit down, Jolly Green. :mellow:

:wub: and :rofl:

#53 NeverQuietHere

NeverQuietHere
  • Members
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, 145-150 is my goal weight...Nem, you suck. :wub:

I am down 5.8 lbs in 2 weeks. I am REALLY happy about that. I wasn't a good girl the entire 2 weeks so I am NOT complaining. I hope I can continue to lose at least 2 lbs a week. Our Anniv is in 15 weeks, so my "mid term" goal is 30 lbs. Short term, 2 a week. :) I have to do it like this or else I will lose momentum. Thinking about how much I want to lose total is overwhelming. We are hoping to go on vacay the 2nd week in August so I am hoping by then I will have lost 56 lbs. It's like 28 weeks away...

For lunch I am having quinoa, black beans, red onions and jalapenos. I LOVE all of those things, so why not combine it? :)

I have gone back and forth with this counting cals or counting points. For some reason the points seem easier to track. Idk.

#54 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, 145-150 is my goal weight...Nem, you suck. :wub:

I am down 5.8 lbs in 2 weeks. I am REALLY happy about that. I wasn't a good girl the entire 2 weeks so I am NOT complaining. I hope I can continue to lose at least 2 lbs a week. Our Anniv is in 15 weeks, so my "mid term" goal is 30 lbs. Short term, 2 a week. :) I have to do it like this or else I will lose momentum. Thinking about how much I want to lose total is overwhelming. We are hoping to go on vacay the 2nd week in August so I am hoping by then I will have lost 56 lbs. It's like 28 weeks away...

For lunch I am having quinoa, black beans, red onions and jalapenos. I LOVE all of those things, so why not combine it? :)

I have gone back and forth with this counting cals or counting points. For some reason the points seem easier to track. Idk.

That quinoa combo is one of my favorite things ever. I add avocado and lime. Freaking delicious.

I'm 10 lbs above my goal weight, today. That's the first time, ever. :unsure:

#55 minnie aubre

minnie aubre

Boring Influence

• Members
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm in. Again.

I kind of went crazy during the holiday season. As in Halloween through Christmas. And I undid the 30# I had lost. Who knew that was possible. Apparently, it is.

The day after Christmas, I started Weight Watchers because I knew people who were successful with it. I really like it because you can still eat "normal" food. You just have to track it and make wise decisions with your points. Fruits and veggies are free points, which I eat a lot of anyway.

I have lost 16# since starting on 12/26/11.

#56 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

so I pigged out yesterday ( and I guess today)... and I feel like CRAP...like a good belch would do a body good... amazing how not having certain things in my system for a few weeks makes me feel....

#57 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

<Rant
... I hate how the human body works. It is never calories intake and calories burned. I think it is something like, calorie intake minus twice the calories burned to maintain weight and anything less will not help in losing weight. I have been working my butt off for the past 4 months, and all I had lost was 4 lbs? not fair. During those 4 months, I had restricted myself to no more than 1900 cals per day when I not exercising, and had a deficit of 500+ calories when I exercised, which is 3 to 4 times a week. I thought I might have hit the plateau, so wanted to change exercise and started hiking. Hiking a 1200+ feet mountain, once a week for 3 weeks did not help me either. SHUCKS.....

Well I guess I should be happy that I am not putting any weight... blaaaah...

</rant>

#58 NeverQuietHere

NeverQuietHere
  • Members
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm in. Again.

Good job!!

#59 minnie aubre

minnie aubre

Boring Influence

• Members
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm in. Again.

Good job!!

Thank you :)

#60 CTSMOM01

CTSMOM01
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

I have a lot I would like to accomplish this year.
1. Cleaning up my credit and lowering debt ratio
2. Starting school (Feb.2012)
3. Being more active and losing atleast 50lbs by the end of the year.
4. I would like to run (without feeling like my lungs are going to collapse)
5. Really look into homebuying once credit is clean

Every thing on my list will happen over time, but I just have to remember that anything worth having is worth waiting for and working towards. :rolleyes:

Edited by CTSMOM01, 25 January 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#61 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,105 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Every thing on my list will happen over time, but I just have to remember that anything worth having is worth waiting for and working towards. :rolleyes:

Your signature is wrong.

Here, is the correct image.

Posted Image

#62 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Your signature is wrong.

Here, is the correct image.

Posted Image

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#63 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I ran just over 100 miles in January.

:mellow:

#64 dingaling

dingaling
  • Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

I signed up yesterday for the gym at the county rec center. They just did a total renovation and got all new equipment and it is huge. They are as good as the YMCA and some of the private gyms. And it only cost $75 a year for unlimited visits including the gym and both the indoor and outdoor pool. But it does not include any private instruction (obviously).

Now I have to get off my butt and use it on a regular basis.

#65 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

I signed up yesterday for the gym at the county rec center. They just did a total renovation and got all new equipment and it is huge. They are as good as the YMCA and some of the private gyms. And it only cost $75 a year for unlimited visits including the gym and both the indoor and outdoor pool. But it does not include any private instruction (obviously).

Now I have to get off my butt and use it on a regular basis.

That's an awesome deal! Enjoy it.

#66 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,496 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

The "Y" near me was remodeled but still no indoor pool :(

#67 iH8cra

iH8cra

Owner, Y chromosome

• Members
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

My main goal right now is to eliminate the plantar fasciitis in my right foot. It's caused me to drastically cut my mileage and that has made my weight go up. The weight going up makes the PF worse. It's a vicious cycle.

I've increased the yoga (stretching) and am really watching the calories. PF is getting better. Did a 5k this weekend and it was a little tender but nothing major. Scared to run more until weight is down more because I think it will make it worse.

I had PF when I first got into running years ago and it took me like 6 months to get over it. The problem I had then is that I refused to cut mileage. Can't heal it if I'm constantly re-injuring it.

Edited by iH8cra, 01 February 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#68 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

w***e!
:glare:

Ok Ok simmer down, I was just kiddin!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm actually super proud of you. In fact I want to be like you when I grow up. :wub: :wub:

#69 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

The "Y" near me was remodeled but still no indoor pool :(

The Y near us is AWESOME. But it's $95 a month to join. Sucktastic.

#70 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

w***e!

Ok Ok simmer down, I was just kiddin!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm actually super proud of you. In fact I want to be like you when I grow up. :wub: :wub:

:lol:

Squirrel killed me. She more than doubled my mileage.

#71 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

w***e!

Squirrel killed me. She more than doubled my mileage.

She's a nutter. A Nutter who will survive the zombie apocalypse with her mad cardio skills for sure!

#72 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

So. I woke up suuuuuper motivated to start C25K on the treadmill this morning. Walk warmup felt good, jogging started out good, but right about the end of the first interval, my ankle went TWANG! and I nearly bit it. I powered down, walked around a little bit to make sure there wasn't any serious damage going on. Felt fine. Hopped back on, twang. Tried a couple different speeds just to see if it was a matter of finding the right stride, but nope - twang, twang, twang, immediately and at all different speeds. I don't know if it's the unnatural "pull" motion of the treadmill or what, but it was not fun, and now I'm bummed. :(

What. to. do. I did fine jogging outside last spring and summer, but...it's distinctly not summer right now. :unsure:

#73 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,496 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

So. I woke up suuuuuper motivated to start C25K on the treadmill this morning. Walk warmup felt good, jogging started out good, but right about the end of the first interval, my ankle went TWANG! and I nearly bit it. I powered down, walked around a little bit to make sure there wasn't any serious damage going on. Felt fine. Hopped back on, twang. Tried a couple different speeds just to see if it was a matter of finding the right stride, but nope - twang, twang, twang, immediately and at all different speeds. I don't know if it's the unnatural "pull" motion of the treadmill or what, but it was not fun, and now I'm bummed. :(

What. to. do. I did fine jogging outside last spring and summer, but...it's distinctly not summer right now. :unsure:

Did you do any warmups first?? I tend to do 10-ish minutes of ballet stretches ( sometimes yoga) before beginning any other exercise

#74 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Did you do any warmups first?? I tend to do 10-ish minutes of ballet stretches ( sometimes yoga) before beginning any other exercise

I was gonna say. I'd try a warm up walk, then some stretching, then try C25K.

Also, make sure you have GOOD shoes.

And if it still hurts, talk to a PT before continuing :(.

#75 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

I was gonna say. I'd try a warm up walk, then some stretching, then try C25K.

Also, make sure you have GOOD shoes.

And if it still hurts, talk to a PT before continuing :(.

I always do my PT stretches as soon as I get out of bed, and I did 5 minutes walking before the first run interval. The Ankle was as warmed up as it gets. The shoes are New Balance running shoes, new, been wearing them around for a couple weeks and like them, but maybe not actually for running? Which would suck, because that's why I bought them. I dunno...I get that the right shoes are important, but this is still more in the "whim" phase than a serious thing, so I'm hesitant to spend more money, and it's not like I'm pounding out 100 miles a month or anything. ;)

Edited by VibrantEcho, 02 February 2012 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.