Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

2012 Getting ( and STAYING) healthy thread

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#26 548ficoNtexas

548ficoNtexas

TX Hoarder

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

Y'all have inspired me to do something this year. I had gastric bypass in 2001 and lost from 286 to 142 and maintained that weight for 10 yrs. This past year I gained up to 164. I am headed to WalMart now to buy something I can use with my Wii to workout and am going to start out doing it 30 minutes a day at least 4 times a week and work up to more. When it warms back up i'll walk everyday, I used to walk 5 miles a day. I am going to start eating healthier too, I dont eat candy or sweets or drink sodas but DH works 12 hrs a day so instead of eating something here I go to Sonic, DQ, Whataburger whatever for lunch EVERY single day. Besides the cost and having to drive 15 minutes there and 15 back I ened up eating junk, greasy fast food. I am going to buy salad stuff while at WM today as well, along with some things I like to eat that will be simple and not require me to cook lunch everyday for myself.

#27 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Eating Healthy on a Budget

I get a lot of isht for insisting that eating healthy doesn't have to break the bank, but a LOT of these options should be available everywhere.

#28 548ficoNtexas

548ficoNtexas

TX Hoarder

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

I have to say I bought the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and have done it two days in a row, also downloaded the best app EVER called my fitness pal. You can actually scan a barcode of anything you eat or drink and it pulls in your calories etc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this app, so easy to use and has most all restaurants in it you just type in for ex: subway turkey 6" and it pulls all the calories in for you. It also allows you to input your exercise and keeps a running total of how many calories you started the day with or were allowed and how many you have remaining.

#29 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

I love MFP.

#30 548ficoNtexas

548ficoNtexas

TX Hoarder

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I love MFP.

+10000 I just found out about it 2 days ago on facebook, that is the most valuable app i have ever downloaded and I thought I loved pageonce...hmmmph.

#31 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

I have to say I bought the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and have done it two days in a row, also downloaded the best app EVER called my fitness pal. You can actually scan a barcode of anything you eat or drink and it pulls in your calories etc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this app, so easy to use and has most all restaurants in it you just type in for ex: subway turkey 6" and it pulls all the calories in for you. It also allows you to input your exercise and keeps a running total of how many calories you started the day with or were allowed and how many you have remaining.

I also love MFP! I'll have to see if my phone can do the barcode thing.

#32 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

I love MFP.

Love MFP. I have logged in for 190 days without break and have been entering my food each day.

#33 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

OMFGGGGGGG I am at my MAX weight EVER.... I mean EVER!!!! I literally weight TWICE what I did at 9 months pregnant

I got on the scale this morning & I weigh 21 lbs MORE than I did when I left for vacation in October....

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I have a dr appt tomorrow.. gonna get a full metabolic workup ( I am having some other issues that may or may not be related)... so I also now need to see an endocrinologist to try to figure whats going on on that front...

depressed....

#34 brazen

brazen

Thing Two

• Forum Leads
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

OMFGGGGGGG I am at my MAX weight EVER.... I mean EVER!!!! I literally weight TWICE what I did at 9 months pregnant

I got on the scale this morning & I weigh 21 lbs MORE than I did when I left for vacation in October....

I have a dr appt tomorrow.. gonna get a full metabolic workup ( I am having some other issues that may or may not be related)... so I also now need to see an endocrinologist to try to figure whats going on on that front...

depressed....

(((hugs)))
I would also have them check about medications you may be on that may be affecting your weight as well. Thats the problem I have been having.

#35 brazen

brazen

Thing Two

• Forum Leads
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

I have been using my recumbent bike and weights since the beginning of Dec.

Finished the 100 pushups/squats, that was fun.

I am working with shakes and a modified eating plan I created. Not taking any appetite suppresants or anything like that. I am taking extra vitamins, and some stuff I got from Herbalife with extra fiber. And B12 supps.

Not at goal weight yet, but getting there. I feel better with more energy and that is the main thing for me. If I get to goal by the end of the year I will be happy, I am not rushing it.

#36 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

depressed....

(((hugs)))
I would also have them check about medications you may be on that may be affecting your weight as well. Thats the problem I have been having.

Im not on any meds but something isnt right... I shaved my legs & underarms back then & my hair hasnt grown back yet....got a few other weird things going on as well...

#37 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

I used to like MFP... the folks there with there 10,001 excuses and shady ways ( i.e., can I count walking my kid to the bus stop as exercise?) got on my dang nerves....

I started lurking there again last week.... didnt take long for my patience level to be exceeded..I mean how many arguments over 'is the sugar in fruit can be unhealthy for me' can there be... NOBODY got fat from eating too many freaking apples unless they were in baked pies

that said, I lost 8 lbs in a week.. Post-holiday weight loss... I dont expect it to continue at that pace...

#38 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

I used to like MFP... the folks there with there 10,001 excuses and shady ways ( i.e., can I count walking my kid to the bus stop as exercise?) got on my dang nerves....

I started lurking there again last week.... didnt take long for my patience level to be exceeded..I mean how many arguments over 'is the sugar in fruit can be unhealthy for me' can there be... NOBODY got fat from eating too many freaking apples unless they were in baked pies

that said, I lost 8 lbs in a week.. Post-holiday weight loss... I dont expect it to continue at that pace...

Yeah, I cannot with those people in the forums. Dumb. I log my stuff, and back out.

#39 deluxmary2000

deluxmary2000
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Maybe you should just ditch this "kinder, gentler Tee" persona and let it all out. You'll feel better :lol:

#40 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

I use MFP to keep track of my calories and exercise. I could care less on what they write or what they squabble on. May be you should just do that?

#41 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

I guess I will just run more than last year? More distance.

2010 - 26.2 miles max
2011 - 50 miles max
2012 - 100 miles goal

Yes. These are all AT ONE TIME. :unsure:

Oh, and try not to eat ALL THE THINGS. That is hard with as much as I run though.

#42 TeeSharice

TeeSharice

ModSquad

• Mod Squad
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, I cannot with those people in the forums. Dumb. I log my stuff, and back out.

I use MFP to keep track of my calories and exercise. I could care less on what they write or what they squabble on. May be you should just do that?

that is pretty much what I do.... but some days when Im bored at work, I peek on the message boards....

anyhoo, down another 3... so a total of 11 pounds in as many days....maybe I was retaining fluid or something....

Jillian Michaels is going to be my BFF for next 30-ish days....

also, Im trying to find local swimming lessons that will fit into my schedule as well

#43 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

that is pretty much what I do.... but some days when Im bored at work, I peek on the message boards....

anyhoo, down another 3... so a total of 11 pounds in as many days....maybe I was retaining fluid or something....

Jillian Michaels is going to be my BFF for next 30-ish days....

also, Im trying to find local swimming lessons that will fit into my schedule as well

Good job Tee.

#44 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

I have been seriously off my game so far in 2012. Need to stop staying up so late for one thing, too little sleep + too much soda is one crazy downward spiral.

#45 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

I have been seriously off my game so far in 2012. Need to stop staying up so late for one thing, too little sleep + too much soda is one crazy downward spiral.

Wow, totally got distracted halfway thru this post. :lol:

Was also going to say, I'm working on DH and DD to c25k with me and find an event we can all do together in April or May. :good:

#46 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Stepped on the scale yesterday, with wet hair and full belly and fully dressed. 148Lbs. :mellow: :glare:

Climbing back on the treadmill today, off the sodas (I drank a lot of over the holidays), sweet tea, and alcohol. Laying off the pastas and white foods. Told the family, they better get used to baked & grilled chicken and salad. Promised to make DD some mashed potatoes every now and then. :lol:

#47 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

Wow, totally got distracted halfway thru this post. :lol:

Was also going to say, I'm working on DH and DD to c25k with me and find an event we can all do together in April or May. :good:

:yahoo: Do it!!! Even if they don't want to, don't let that stop you!!

#48 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

30mins - 1.5 miles. :mellow: I guess that's what happens when you dont work out for 7 months, Tubby. (speaking to myself)

Can't wait to get back to 10 min miles. I'm such a slacker. ^_^

#49 deluxmary2000

deluxmary2000
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

30mins - 1.5 miles. :mellow: I guess that's what happens when you dont work out for 7 months, Tubby. (speaking to myself)

You're NOT a slacker. You just lapped everyone who is sitting on the couch :P

And 148 lbs is my goal weight, so I hate you :beee:

#50 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Speed is way less important than persistence ;)

You're NOT a slacker. You just lapped everyone who is sitting on the couch :P

And 148 lbs is my goal weight, so I hate you :beee:

You're also a giant. Sit down, Jolly Green. :mellow:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.