Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Collection Account Process

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JWBurns

JWBurns
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

I'm very new - but I've done my reading.
I live in Texas.

I've already opted out.

I've ordered all three CR's from all three and have them in hand.

Currently disputing incorrect addresses on Experian.

I have only one collection account. The account is listed on all three reports.

It is a hospital collection of $250, likely a co-pay. It was placed for collection 09/01/2005, and according to my reports, it is scheduled to be removed May 2012.

Any suggestions as to my next course of action?

#2 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,825 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

I'm very new - but I've done my reading.
I live in Texas.

I've already opted out.

I've ordered all three CR's from all three and have them in hand.

Currently disputing incorrect addresses on Experian.

I have only one collection account. The account is listed on all three reports.

It is a hospital collection of $250, likely a co-pay. It was placed for collection 09/01/2005, and according to my reports, it is scheduled to be removed May 2012.

Any suggestions as to my next course of action?

Send each CRA where the account is reporting this: ( follow all the instructions as they are designed to bypass the automated systems)
http://www.whychat.5.../hipaadisp.html

#3 JWBurns

JWBurns
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Currently in the process of disputing incorrect addresses off of my Experian report.

The medical account I originally asked you guys about, is tied to an address that I've never lived at, nor have ever known anyone who has lived at.

When I went to dispute the address online, I was denied because it "was tied to an active tradeline".

Now I'm ultra concerned about the validity of the medical collection in question. Do I follow the same procedure? Should I dispute online as ID theft?

Side note - do the address disputes really take up to 45 days to process? Also, do I wait for the disputes to update before sending the WhyChat letter?

Edited by JWBurns, 07 January 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#4 JWBurns

JWBurns
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Currently in the process of disputing incorrect addresses off of my Experian report.

The medical account I originally asked you guys about, is tied to an address that I've never lived at, nor have ever known anyone who has lived at.

When I went to dispute the address online, I was denied because it "was tied to an active tradeline".

Now I'm ultra concerned about the validity of the medical collection in question. Do I follow the same procedure? Should I dispute online as ID theft?

Side note - do the address disputes really take up to 45 days to process? Also, do I wait for the disputes to update before sending the WhyChat letter?

One thing to add - The bogus address is listed on only the Experian report. The account is listed on the other two CRA's, and the information on there is correct. I'll go ahead and send the WhyChat letter to TU and Eq in the mean time until I hear from you guys about the EX issue.

#5 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,825 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

One thing to add - The bogus address is listed on only the Experian report. The account is listed on the other two CRA's, and the information on there is correct. I'll go ahead and send the WhyChat letter to TU and Eq in the mean time until I hear from you guys about the EX issue.

DO NOT EVER dispute anything on line or by phone, fax, e-mail or carrier pigeon.

ALWAYS use regular MAIL certified so you have proof of delivery.

OPT OUT
http://whychat.5u.com/OPTOUTINST.HTML

You dispute addresses by sending a LETTER to Experian, attention FRAUD department. State that you have never lived at xxxxx xxxx and that the following accounts are not yours, list the accounts,enclose a COPY of your SS card, a COPY of your drivers license and an ORIGINAL recent utility bill as proof of your identity and correct address.

If these same accounts are on TU or Eq ( and the phony addresses are NOT)send them this:
http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

#6 JWBurns

JWBurns
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

DO NOT EVER dispute anything on line or by phone, fax, e-mail or carrier pigeon.

ALWAYS use regular MAIL certified so you have proof of delivery.

OPT OUT
http://whychat.5u.com/OPTOUTINST.HTML

You dispute addresses by sending a LETTER to Experian, attention FRAUD department. State that you have never lived at xxxxx xxxx and that the following accounts are not yours, list the accounts,enclose a COPY of your SS card, a COPY of your drivers license and an ORIGINAL recent utility bill as proof of your identity and correct address.

If these same accounts are on TU or Eq ( and the phony addresses are NOT)send them this:
http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

I have already disputed (online) address that are minor, such as misspelled, ect. However, I will follow your advice on what you've listed above. Thanks!

#7 JWBurns

JWBurns
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just wanted to update this thread with my latest results.

WhyChat letters to TU and EQ. Both were sent on February 7th, and received on February 10th.

Happy to report TU has deleted the collection account on February 17th! Still waiting to hear from EQ.

Lastly (per WhyChats orders) I sent a letter to EX - Attention Fraud Department in reference to the bogus address that is attached to the same collection, demanding they remove both the address as well as the collection it's tied to.

I'll report back when updates are available.

#8 JWBurns

JWBurns
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Final update to this thread.

Happy to report that EQ removed collection on March 1st.

Also, EX removed the same collection as well as the bogus address it was tied to, today on March 4th!

My reports are now spotless!

Huge thanks to WhyChat for all your patience and help to the members of this board!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.