Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Mo Munnys Success Story

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

I started reading this board in February of this year(2011). I began with scores in the low 500s.

When I started I had all kinds of stuff on my credit. An unpaid electric bill, DirecTV, IBC Bank, Medical Bills, defaulted student loans. A foreclosure as well!.

Through patience and a lot of reading, mostly here on CB...I was able to learn the tricks to mold my credit into a tool that I can utilize to benefit myself, and not something holding me back from my full potential. It has opened up doors that have never existed for me. Suddenly, becoming a real estate investor became a plausible reailty in the near future for me.

EQ is baddie free, EXP and TU have like 40 4+ Year old lates Sallie Mae has graced my reports with...but those will eventually age off and the accounts will turn positive, thats it! Ill take that!

All of my scores are well into the 700s and rising fast.! Im so happy! Ive NEVER had credit like that before!

I owe it mostly to the information gained here on CreditBoards.Com

I try to educate people and refer them to this site. I hope that I can help others and give back what CB has given.

Thanks a lot everyone!

#2 gemmabell86

gemmabell86
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

Wow, that's really excellent. I know how you feel.
Suddenly I feel like my credit may one day set me free, as opposed to holding me back. I've learned sooo much in the short time I've been here. Most importantly I learned NEVER to make the same mistakes again. No one had ever educated me on the importance of credit, so I had to learn the hard way. Now I'm well-educated and on my way to financial freedom and more possibilities!

Posted Image

#3 gabbyraja

gabbyraja
  • Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

Congrats!

PLease share your foreclosure removal strategy? I just keep getting verified. Grrr...

Edited by gabbyraja, 19 December 2011 - 01:19 AM.

#4 iWhat

iWhat

Bump Influence XXXIII

• Members
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟❕

#5 GoUpScore

GoUpScore
  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

Yay!! I hope to follow in your footsteps.

#6 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

Gemma: yeah I agree.. I am very excited to be purchasing my first investment property..and its Commercial and right by my house!

Gabby. What I was woing was disputing with the CRAs and they would verify..but the phone,number and addy was outdated so I sent MOV letters to the CRAs and Texas DVs to the OC. Over and over..one week MOV, one week DV, and so on..eventually they gave up and just removed it..it was already 5 years old so I guess they figured it was worth pursuing. Eventually they WILL get tired of dealing with it. I would..they are in the business of collecting money ..not chasing pissed off debtees lol. If you need help msg me or post here im more than willing to help :)

Iwhat..i only see squares..maybe its cuz im on my phone

GoUpScore: Just never give up and KEEP sending Letters!!

They say defaulted loans stay forever .. Im not saying you will too but its possible. I got lucky and after 8 months of nonstop letters calls emails letters calls disputes disputes disputes they just gave up lol

#7 NARNOLD62

NARNOLD62
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

I have an old electric bill that is supposed to fall off sometime in March but I'm not sure how to fight to get it removed sooner. I'm williing to pay it IF they will remove it from my credit reports. I'm in Texas too...have any suggestions? Should I just be patient and wait?

#8 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Just pulled Equifax today...figured I would share for those that would be interested..I know I like reading about high scores etc.

773! With new accounts and inquiries too!

Posted Image

I let all my balances report to zero except for one card reporting a balance putting me at 7% Utilization.(12% on that one card that is reporting a balance) 4 cards open.

AAoA 3.99 Years.(I wonder if Ill get a bump when all these accounts age another month and it goes up to 4? )

4 New accounts in the last 12 months "technically". As of Jan 1st it will be 3 in the last 12 months. 1 New account in the last 6 months (3 months ago)($12K auto loan). 3 Student Loans opened 9 months ago, $20K total. $10K paid of already.
4 Inquiries in the last 2 years. 1 nine months ago and the other 3 less than 6 months ago.(Two from a couple days ago)

I never thought that my score would be this strong, I was hoping for maybe 750 if I was -extremely- lucky. To still have that score with all thsoe inquiries being so recent and the 3 new accounts in the last year, one only 3 months ago, I think I am very lucky!

I'll bet that if I let these accounts age a little while and not apply I would be looking at an 800 or darn close.

Thanks again CB!

-Sidenote, I have a couple friends that I helped repair their stuff and they got approved a couple months ago for their home, my cousin too is looking to get a home in a couple months but we are still working on his but we will make it! :D

Edited by Mo Munny Mo Problems, 20 December 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#9 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image

It isnt overnight but when it happens it happens it happens in a big way when you have all the other factors in place, like Nice AAoA and a few positive TLs.

I paid my cards down and got rid of the last C/O and it made a really big difference

#10 gabbyraja

gabbyraja
  • Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

I have an old electric bill that is supposed to fall off sometime in March but I'm not sure how to fight to get it removed sooner. I'm williing to pay it IF they will remove it from my credit reports. I'm in Texas too...have any suggestions? Should I just be patient and wait?

If it's going to fall off in March of this year, dispute it as obsolete. You should even be able to get it off EX this close to March.

#11 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

Sorry I just say your post bro.

Yeah being in Texas is soooo much better because they HAVE to respond EVERY time you DV them. I would send the a Texas style DV, then once(if) they validate then dispute with the CRAs. If the CRAs verify, request Method of Verification. Just keep at it, in my experience it ALWAYS works if you keep at it. (With the exception of Sallie Mae they are heartless up there if you owe them money lol but I dont blame them)

#12 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

If it's going to fall off in March of this year, dispute it as obsolete. You should even be able to get it off EX this close to March.

This would be wise to do while you wait for the initial response(if any) from the Texas style DV you send. They may just go ahead and delete. This happens all the time. Some people get lucky, some dont. May work for you :)

Make sure to keep track of whether or not they mark the item as in dispute, sometimes they dont, they are supposed to but I cant recall by when or how many days??

#13 IvyMgmt

IvyMgmt
  • Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

Wow you are the bomb! I just began my credit repair but it seems so time consuming trying to get all this bankruptcy stuff removed I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel I know it! :aggressive:

#14 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

Wow you are the bomb! I just began my credit repair but it seems so time consuming trying to get all this bankruptcy stuff removed I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel I know it! :aggressive:

Yeha you can do it man you just have to not give up. Time flys by so fast youll be done before you know it!

#15 bluesmap

bluesmap
  • Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

do NOT give up. in the beginning, it seems hopeless. just come to the board and share your progress if you must. you will get ideas on how to proceed.

rebuilding is a jog, not a sprint. you sprint and you get tired and stop. you jog at a constant pace and go far.

#16 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

do NOT give up. in the beginning, it seems hopeless. just come to the board and share your progress if you must. you will get ideas on how to proceed.

rebuilding is a jog, not a sprint. you sprint and you get tired and stop. you jog at a constant pace and go far.

Very true man, Im so glad I stuck with it ...

It really sucks to keep getting those verified letters from the CRA etc etc but all the "No's" dont matter after you get that one "Yes"! :)

#17 Gercarson

Gercarson
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

I started reading this board in February of this year(2011). I began with scores in the low 500s.

When I started I had all kinds of stuff on my credit. An unpaid electric bill, DirecTV, IBC Bank, Medical Bills, defaulted student loans. A foreclosure as well!.

Through patience and a lot of reading, mostly here on CB...I was able to learn the tricks to mold my credit into a tool that I can utilize to benefit myself, and not something holding me back from my full potential. It has opened up doors that have never existed for me. Suddenly, becoming a real estate investor became a plausible reailty in the near future for me.

EQ is baddie free, EXP and TU have like 40 4+ Year old lates Sallie Mae has graced my reports with...but those will eventually age off and the accounts will turn positive, thats it! Ill take that!

All of my scores are well into the 700s and rising fast.! Im so happy! Ive NEVER had credit like that before!

I owe it mostly to the information gained here on CreditBoards.Com

I try to educate people and refer them to this site. I hope that I can help others and give back what CB has given.

Thanks a lot everyone!

I tried to close my DirecTV account online - they wouldn't let me do it. They told me I needed a PIN number and had to go to a different web site. I did pay my last bill but then told them that I was NOT going to make another payment - then, they DID close my account and told me I had a $3 credit that would be refunded to me. I figured that was a lot less than it should be, but that was okay - THEN . . . I got a statement that said I still owed them over $39 ! ! ! I refused to pay that. I was sent a few different boxes and envelopes to send back some equipment that belonged to them - I did that but still refused to pay the "balance" they said I owed. It was sent to a collection agency and they call sometimes 3 times a day.
The reason I closed my account (hmmmmm - tried to anyway) was the charges were climbing above what I could pay and feel like it was worth it. At one time, DirecTV called to ask me to "renew" my subscription and they would deduct $10 a month from my statement for a year and give me a couple of movie channels also. I told them that I had to be "part" of the deal and that I had a stipulation also - that they wouldn't conviently raise my monthly rate to cover the $10 they had "removed" - well, two months later my bill was raised . . . $10 (who would have thought it?!) I disputed it aggressively and vehemently and they did NOT remove the extra fee, but did recind the subscription so I was a "free agent" - this was almost a year before I "canceled" DirecTV because it was too expensive for me. I do get the collection calls a LOT. I assumed that this would be one of those credit bureau things that wouldn't affect my credit rating - I guess it will. DirecTV lied to me and now they will ruin my credit. Take note readers.

#18 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,499 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yep, it's better to pay it and then fight with them. They put you over a barrel because if you dispute it, they can just say you owe it anyway, and put a collection on your report.

#19 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yep, it's better to pay it and then fight with them. They put you over a barrel because if you dispute it, they can just say you owe it anyway, and put a collection on your report.

Haha I just got a letter stating I owe them $148 lmao

I had already gotten an $85 one months ago which i PAID when I cancelled, now they send me another one . WTH?

Good thing I photocopied the tracking labels they gave me on the two big ass boxes I sent with the DVRs and the Satellite in it :)

Edited by Mo Munny Mo Problems, 07 January 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#20 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

OMG I wrote a letter to Trans Union for Christmas and it ws kindof humorous. I even put a photo of me printed onto the letter waving wishing a Merry Christmas or something like that I remember. lol XD

Well I had 2 Sallie Mae accounts with -16- late payments on EACH for a total of 32 90+ day lates removed.

Posted Image

Looks like whoever read my letter got a laugh!

Score rose 78 points. Went from 718 to 796. No other changes other than a couple of new accounts have been added since the 718 score. So it may have been even higher if I hadnt opened two new CCs.

THANKS CB SO VERY MUCH!!!

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!

#21 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Sorry I just say your post bro.

Yeah being in Texas is soooo much better because they HAVE to respond EVERY time you DV them. I would send the a Texas style DV, then once(if) they validate then dispute with the CRAs. If the CRAs verify, request Method of Verification. Just keep at it, in my experience it ALWAYS works if you keep at it. (With the exception of Sallie Mae they are heartless up there if you owe them money lol but I dont blame them)

OK so maybe even Sallie Mae can be beaten lol

I got them off my EQ real easy, TU was a PITA, now on to the B345T..... Experian :/ They are much harder to deal with than the other two

Edited by Mo Munny Mo Problems, 07 January 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#22 skittlesj20

skittlesj20
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Wow your story is so inspiring when my score just makes me feel depressed and hopeless. I don't even know where to begin! I need help :(

#23 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

Wow your story is so inspiring when my score just makes me feel depressed and hopeless. I don't even know where to begin! I need help :(

Read the stickies and post up a thread in the credit forum, people will reply :) Ill be one is I can help too

#24 NinerFans49

NinerFans49
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi there, my husband and I just joined the boards so we can start our credit repair journey.

Sallie Mae has sold my defaulted loan debt to another company. What was your strategy in dealing with SM and your defaulted loans?

Thanks so much for your help!

#25 nightsky78

nightsky78
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hello, I am a newbie and read your post. I am needing help if you wouldnt mind. I am in the first stage. I ordered my 3 credit reports. I found my name spelled incorrect, inaccurate addresses, and innacurate negative info.

If you wouldnt mind could you email me at deleted by admin and help guide with what letters to send to who and so on? Thanks

Gemma: yeah I agree.. I am very excited to be purchasing my first investment property..and its Commercial and right by my house!

Gabby. What I was woing was disputing with the CRAs and they would verify..but the phone,number and addy was outdated so I sent MOV letters to the CRAs and Texas DVs to the OC. Over and over..one week MOV, one week DV, and so on..eventually they gave up and just removed it..it was already 5 years old so I guess they figured it was worth pursuing. Eventually they WILL get tired of dealing with it. I would..they are in the business of collecting money ..not chasing pissed off debtees lol. If you need help msg me or post here im more than willing to help :)

Iwhat..i only see squares..maybe its cuz im on my phone

GoUpScore: Just never give up and KEEP sending Letters!!

They say defaulted loans stay forever .. Im not saying you will too but its possible. I got lucky and after 8 months of nonstop letters calls emails letters calls disputes disputes disputes they just gave up lol

Edited by breeze, 31 March 2012 - 06:11 PM.
deleted email address

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.