Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Do you support current Amex FR Policy ?

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you support current Amex FR Policy ? (114 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes (42 votes [36.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. No (72 votes [63.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 LustfortheMoment

LustfortheMoment

Bump Influence XXX

• Members
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

I frequently carry a fully loaded Glock 22 into Costco in my purse. If they wish to check that I didn't take an extra box of corn flakes, I can care less. If they insisted upon my going through a metal detector as I entered, I'd simply cancel my membership and shop elsewhere. In either event, they have the right to set forth policies for their patrons, and we in turn have the right to accept or reject them..........

#27 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence

• Members
  • 31,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

After the execution by cop in Arizona, my Costco has a BIG sign banning CCW.

#28 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,564 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

I frequently carry a fully loaded Glock 22 into Costco in my purse. If they wish to check that I didn't take an extra box of corn flakes, I can care less. If they insisted upon my going through a metal detector as I entered, I'd simply cancel my membership and shop elsewhere. In either event, they have the right to set forth policies for their patrons, and we in turn have the right to accept or reject them..........

http://www.lvrj.com/...l-98695649.html

a canceled membership seems the way to go.

#29 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence

• Members
  • 31,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Oops, Nevada, one of those fly-over states. :P

#30 1234

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Oops, Nevada, one of those fly-over states. :P

In order to go to CA have to by NV. :P

#31 Patrick M.

Patrick M.
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

Absolutely. AMEX isn't a non-profit organization serving humanity. It's a capitalistic enterprise which is accountable to its stockholders. AMEX should RIGHTFULLY manage its risk each and every day. If folks don't like the intrusion of a FR, they certainly can vote with their feet and cancel their card(s). JMHO........

Happy Holidays..........

100% agree.

#32 Jon77

Jon77
  • Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

I would deny the request because I believe they have enough information from my app and my regular soft pulls. However, it IS their right to conduct business however they want. So, I'll just take my business somewhere else.

http://www.lvrj.com/...l-98695649.html

a canceled membership seems the way to go.

There's no way any police officer would have singled him out if he followed the FIRST principle of a CCL. So this event shouldn't have even started. It is against the law for you to carry the weapon and it be obvious that you have it. Not even a "bulge" is allowed. They should have taught him how to conceal properly, or he wasn't paying attention in class.
And don't get me started on the rules they teach you about relinquishing the gun to an officer.

Edited by Jon77, 19 December 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#33 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence

• Members
  • 31,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Nevada is an open carry state.

#34 Jon77

Jon77
  • Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

Nevada is an open carry state.

Hmm, didn't know that! In that case, concealing it without a license, is against the law still. Hope you have a license to keep it in your purse Lustforthemoment. Otherwise, just put it in a holster on your hip. ;)

The man still had a CCL and shouldn't have let it be known that he had it visually to the officers, unless they asked him randomly.

Edited by Jon77, 19 December 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#35 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence

• Mod Squad
  • 27,246 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

lunacy :huh:

tragedy could have been avoided.

Glad MN is open carry as well. Majority of Officers in metro area are familiar with laws

Edited by TrevorHere, 19 December 2011 - 01:48 PM.

#36 dnm45227

dnm45227

CB Wing Nut

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

http://microbiology....nsmission.shtml

Don't care. If they are going to take the positions of near strip searches and no adherence common to sense when applying screening standards then they are going to look me in the eye and put hands on me. Hopefully by putting a human face and real person in front of them it at least proves my point that there are better ways to screen people (i.e. a verified traveler type of program being piloted currently). Just because I want to board a plane I shouldn't be considered a terrorist, or treated like one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for security. My wife works for an airline and as stated above I'm ex-law enforcement, and currently work in a crime lab. Taking bad guys off the street and protecting our citizen's is very important to me. It just has to be balanced within the rights afforded us by the Constitution.

so do you also avoid walmart, sams club, and most major electronics retailers?

No, but I do advise the clerk that checks my receipt that I don't support the policy or in some cases they may keep the receipt and keep walking, or in some cases they can check the garbage can I just threw it in.

I honestly try to temper my personal views on the matter when speaking with the employee asking because most of the time it's either and elderly person or a person that is not high functioning mentally, either way I go out of my way to show the proper level of respect.

Edited by dnm45227, 19 December 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#37 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence

• Members
  • 31,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

A couple of months ago I bought up all the cases of the .223 I use at my gun shop, 11 cases.
Also got 10 cases of 9mm.
Got home and realized that I was charged for 11 cases of each.

Costco would have caught the discrepancy as I was walking out.

Went back to the gun shop, and fortunately, they believed me.
They just let me pick up another case of 9mm.

#38 dnm45227

dnm45227

CB Wing Nut

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Also, along these lines unless I'm about to run out of gas I refuse to pay for gas before I pump. This includes pay at the pump.

I am the customer and should be appreciated. Asking me to provide them access to my credit card or cash in excess of my purchase is not justified IMHO.

Let's think about it for a second. They won't trust me with 75.00 worth of fuel but I'm supposed to give them access to a credit card with thousands of dollars on it?

I view this as not being any different than going to a fine restaurant and being expected to pay for a meal in advance.

Like my self requested moniker indicates I guess I'm just a wing nut about certain things.

#39 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence

• Members
  • 31,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image

#40 dnm45227

dnm45227

CB Wing Nut

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

I like that Bob rofl!

#41 Anubis

Anubis
  • Members
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'm (happily) blacklisted by AMEX so it doesn't impact me personally, but in the big picture I think a creditor/lender has a right to verify income in whatever legal way they see fit as long as the customer has the right to tell them to bleep off and close their account as they see fit.

#42 Jon77

Jon77
  • Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Also, along these lines unless I'm about to run out of gas I refuse to pay for gas before I pump. This includes pay at the pump.

I am the customer and should be appreciated. Asking me to provide them access to my credit card or cash in excess of my purchase is not justified IMHO.

Let's think about it for a second. They won't trust me with 75.00 worth of fuel but I'm supposed to give them access to a credit card with thousands of dollars on it?

I view this as not being any different than going to a fine restaurant and being expected to pay for a meal in advance.

Like my self requested moniker indicates I guess I'm just a wing nut about certain things.

I have the same views on tipping or "to ensure prompness" in a society where the tip is rarely deserved anymore. And the "required 18% gratuity for 8 persons or more" really pisses me off. How are you going to assume that your staff automatically deserves that kind of a tip?

#43 shaddix

shaddix
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

I do not like amex FR. I would close my amex accounts if they asked for those documents.

re receipts: After you purchase something it belongs to you, the store can make no policy that says you may not leave the premise until they check your receipt. If you know you did not steal anything, there is no reason to stop.....

#44 dnm45227

dnm45227

CB Wing Nut

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

When they add the tip (I have an immediate family of 7 including myself), they don't get a cent more. Sad too, because I can be rather generous when tipping.

#45 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,238 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Absolutely. AMEX isn't a non-profit organization serving humanity. It's a capitalistic enterprise which is accountable to its stockholders. AMEX should RIGHTFULLY manage its risk each and every day. If folks don't like the intrusion of a FR, they certainly can vote with their feet and cancel their card(s). JMHO........

Happy Holidays..........

ITA. Hell just froze over. :D

#46 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence

• Members
  • 31,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

#47 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,238 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

:lol:

I'm still trying to figure how this got from AmEx FR to CCL. hmmmmmmmmmm.

#48 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence

• Members
  • 31,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Did you notice that she carries? :P

#49 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,238 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

Definite increase in my level of respect! Posted Image

#50 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence

• Mod Squad
  • 27,246 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Definite increase in my level of respect! Posted Image

:good:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.