Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

91-120 Days Late w/ Nelnet - Please Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sukura2011

sukura2011
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

91-120 days late just appeared on my report today! From what I have read, these will be on my reports for 7 years.

Big fako score drop so i imagine that i have a FICO drop as well - really bad since I had a jump recently.

What is a rehabbed loan? Is my loan already rehabbed?

I had individual loans and then they were all consolidated and sold (I guess) to Nelnet or they became the servicer or maybe this is normal.

All were positive lines showing on my report and now the two that are active are showing 91-120 days late.

I am currently in the low paying status, but fell behind recently.

I can only pay the monthly amount on a monthly basis.

Every time I tried to go on and pick deferment or forebearance, it said I don't qualify. I have had them before.

Any options from here? Thanks for your help!

#2 hodap2001

hodap2001
  • Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

Is the late reporting because you didn't pay or because you paid your bill late?

#3 sukura2011

sukura2011
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

Is the late reporting because you didn't pay or because you paid your bill late?

hadn't paid in two months and was already 30 days late before so i guess it didn't add up until the 91 days late....i didn't have any 30 day lates on my reports, just hit with the 91-120 days late yesterday....i have called, chatted, and emailed and there seems to be nothing that can be done except that i try to catch it up. guess they will report the 91-120 lates until i can catch it up....sucks because this is the only baddie i have that is recent.....i guess i didn't realize i was hitting the 91 days mark...

#4 nelnetdanielle

nelnetdanielle

NelNet Rep

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

Sukura2011,

Please let us know if you need assistance in catching up on your past due payments so that it does not report next month. You may be eligible for a deferment or forbearance. Give us a call for assistance. 1.888.486.4722

Danielle

#5 sukura2011

sukura2011
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

Sukura2011,

Please let us know if you need assistance in catching up on your past due payments so that it does not report next month. You may be eligible for a deferment or forbearance. Give us a call for assistance. 1.888.486.4722

Danielle

I will again, but I did about a month a ago and all the rep said was that i'm not eligible for any of that and to just pay whatever I can when i can......i hope something has changed so that I can get help. Thanks.

#6 sukura2011

sukura2011
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Sukura2011,

Danielle

i called and recieved help....thanks so much for responding danielle....

i forgot to ask, will the late notation still stay on my report or will it report as current again or stay as a late and report as a current going forward now that they said they will bring my account current, thanks

#7 nelnetdanielle

nelnetdanielle

NelNet Rep

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:47 AM

i forgot to ask, will the late notation still stay on my report or will it report as current again or stay as a late and report as a current going forward now that they said they will bring my account current, thanks

Sukura2011, I'm glad that you received the help you needed. I don't have enough information to look at your account to reference it but I can give you general information about how reporting is usually shown. When a payment goes past due far enough to be reported it will remain. Once the account is brought current and Nelnet reports again however, that upcoming report will show current. Here's an example of an account that went 120 days past due but was brought current afterward: "ok, ok, ok, 90, 120, ok, ok". Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Danielle

#8 sukura2011

sukura2011
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Sukura2011, I'm glad that you received the help you needed. I don't have enough information to look at your account to reference it but I can give you general information about how reporting is usually shown. When a payment goes past due far enough to be reported it will remain. Once the account is brought current and Nelnet reports again however, that upcoming report will show current. Here's an example of an account that went 120 days past due but was brought current afterward: "ok, ok, ok, 90, 120, ok, ok". Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Danielle

Thanks, ugh so these loans will be in the negative section of my reports for 7 years. Well it is of my own doing. I'm so happy I listened to you and called though.

#9 sukura2011

sukura2011
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Sukura2011,

Danielle

Danielle, I was told that they could do an administrative forbearance, but i haven't heard anything. Does it take this long??

#10 nelnetdanielle

nelnetdanielle

NelNet Rep

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Danielle, I was told that they could do an administrative forbearance, but i haven't heard anything. Does it take this long??

Sukura2011,

No, normally they take 3-5 business days to process however they can only be used in a small number of circumstances. I would call the Nelnet number to see what the status is or you can login online at nelnet.com. If when you call, you want to speak with me you certainly can. Just ask for me by name. Again the number is 1.888.486.4722.

Danielle Green

#11 sukura2011

sukura2011
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

Sukura2011,

No, normally they take 3-5 business days to process however they can only be used in a small number of circumstances. I would call the Nelnet number to see what the status is or you can login online at nelnet.com. If when you call, you want to speak with me you certainly can. Just ask for me by name. Again the number is 1.888.486.4722.

Danielle Green

Thanks so much, they fixed it!

#12 nelnetdanielle

nelnetdanielle

NelNet Rep

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

Thanks so much, they fixed it!

Sukura2011,

Excellent! Keep me posted if you need anything else. Have a happy holiday!

Danielle

#13 vendetto

vendetto
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

I have one 90 day late entry about 6 years ago. Is it possible to do a good will removal and if so who would i contact? Thanks.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.