Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

My Hippa Progress

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:25 AM

I've been working on cleaning up my reports for the past few months and the info I've found on this board has been priceless. Im now hard at work on my Medical Collections and have seen some nice progress so far. Here's what it looks like right now:

EX: 3 Disputes (10/25/11) - waiting for official responses but backdoor looks like verified only
EQ: 2 Disputes - 2 Deleted Pre-Hippa!
TU: 3 Disputes - 2 Deleted Pre-Hippa!

So now I'm waiting patiently to start the next phase of this process. Ill provides updates when I get all responses back from the CRAs. Thanks again everyone!

#2 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

OK now I think I need some help. Ex sent me two letters with the results as "Remains" for each Collection. Is my next step to send the CA Validation letter followed by the CRA followup letter once I receive proof of delivery on the CA letter?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

#3 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

OK now I think I need some help. Ex sent me two letters with the results as "Remains" for each Collection. Is my next step to send the CA Validation letter followed by the CRA followup letter once I receive proof of delivery on the CA letter?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Yes, send the medical DV
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html

Make sure you send each reporting CA a letter for each CRA that has not deleted,( in the same CMRR envelope) that way you can send the copy of THAT letter with your re-dispute.
http://www.whychat.5...aa.html#DISPUTE

#4 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

OK so I sent the Medical DV off to each remaining CA and as of today I have proof of delivery for all of them. Just to confirm I can send the redispute to the CRAs now correct? Just wanted to make sure I dont wait for the CAs to respond. Also the 3 TLs for EX can all go in the same envelope correct. with copies of each letter sent to the CAs? Just want to make sure I dont miss anything, really need these last bunch of baddies gone. Thanks so much for your help!

#5 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

OK so I sent the Medical DV off to each remaining CA and as of today I have proof of delivery for all of them. Just to confirm I can send the redispute to the CRAs now correct?Yes Just wanted to make sure I dont wait for the CAs to respond. Also the 3 TLs for EX can all go in the same envelope correct.Yes with copies of each letter sent to the CAs? Just want to make sure I dont miss anything, really need these last bunch of baddies gone. Thanks so much for your help!

#6 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

OK so I sent the Medical DV off to each remaining CA and as of today I have proof of delivery for all of them. Just to confirm I can send the redispute to the CRAs now correct?Yes Just wanted to make sure I dont wait for the CAs to respond. Also the 3 TLs for EX can all go in the same envelope correct.Yes with copies of each letter sent to the CAs? Just want to make sure I dont miss anything, really need these last bunch of baddies gone. Thanks so much for your help!

Great Thanks! Sending off my letters tomorrow and then the wait is on.

#7 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

I spoke too soon, one of the CA DV letters still hasn't been delivered, its still hanging at Arrival at Unit. Continuing to wait...

#8 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Quick question, probably premature but Im curious. So the one Medical DV letter to the CA is stuck at "Arrived at Unit" now for 2 days. I sent the validation to the address listed on my Ex report. I noticed however that this CA has a different PO box listed on their BBB listing. How would I handle this if my DV is returned undeliverable? Would simply resend to the other address I found for the CA or take a different course. Again I know its early Im not doing anything now just curious. Thanks!

#9 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

Quick question, probably premature but Im curious. So the one Medical DV letter to the CA is stuck at "Arrived at Unit" now for 2 days. I sent the validation to the address listed on my Ex report. I noticed however that this CA has a different PO box listed on their BBB listing. How would I handle this if my DV is returned undeliverable? Would simply resend to the other address I found for the CA or take a different course. Again I know its early Im not doing anything now just curious. Thanks!

The instructions state that if sending to a PO Box, send it certified only-- WITHOUT a return receipt.

Use this letter to notify the agency that the debt is beyond SOL, or is invalid for other reasons, and subject to the HIPAA privacy laws. Keep a copy for your files and send the letter certified mail return receipt requested.IF YOU HAVE ONLY A PO BOX ADDRESS, DO NOT USE THE RETURN RECEIPT, SEND IT CERTIFIED ONLY AND PRINT OUT THE ON LINE PROOF OF DELIVERY FOR THE FOLLOW UP LETTER Do a separate letter for EACH CRA that the CA is reporting to, make sure the account #'s match the report. You can MAIL them all to each CA in ONE envelope with one CMRR

#10 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

The instructions state that if sending to a PO Box, send it certified only-- WITHOUT a return receipt.

Use this letter to notify the agency that the debt is beyond SOL, or is invalid for other reasons, and subject to the HIPAA privacy laws. Keep a copy for your files and send the letter certified mail return receipt requested.IF YOU HAVE ONLY A PO BOX ADDRESS, DO NOT USE THE RETURN RECEIPT, SEND IT CERTIFIED ONLY AND PRINT OUT THE ON LINE PROOF OF DELIVERY FOR THE FOLLOW UP LETTER Do a separate letter for EACH CRA that the CA is reporting to, make sure the account #'s match the report. You can MAIL them all to each CA in ONE envelope with one CMRR

I saw that and I listened lol. This was sent certified only, no green card. Im tracking in on USPS and it continues to read "Arrived at Unit" that's why I was curious what the plan would be if the letter is actually returned to me.

#11 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I saw that and I listened lol. This was sent certified only, no green card. Im tracking in on USPS and it continues to read "Arrived at Unit" that's why I was curious what the plan would be if the letter is actually returned to me.

Since you sent it to a PO Box and "arrived at unit" means it arrived at THAT PO, then you have proof of delivery.If they changed PO Boxes, and did not have their mail forwarded you would receive the letter back, however, that is VERY unlikely especially if their "new" PO box is in the same zip code. If you had sent it return receipt and they had mail forwarded it would NOT be forwarded but returned to you, which is why mail to a PO box should be sent ( as you did) certified only.

Edited by Why Chat, 24 November 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#12 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

Understood. I sent out the redispute letter to EX this afternoon. I'll be sure to post responses as I receive them.

#13 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Ok starting to make some progress now. I got my first DV letter back from the 1 remaining CA reporting to TU. The letter just basically said "as requested here is your verification of debt, we hope you pay soon yada yada" and on the second page was a copy of a statement from the OC with Patient Name, date of service, detailed billing charges etc. I believe now I'm ready to send the letter to the OC with insert A. Can you confirm thats accurate, also Do i send them a copy of this statement from the CA or will the OC letter on its own be sufficient? Thanks again.

#14 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Ok starting to make some progress now. I got my first DV letter back from the 1 remaining CA reporting to TU. The letter just basically said "as requested here is your verification of debt, we hope you pay soon yada yada" and on the second page was a copy of a statement from the OC with Patient Name, date of service, detailed billing charges etc. I believe now I'm ready to send the letter to the OC with insert A. Can you confirm thats accurate, also Do i send them a copy of this statement from the CA or will the OC letter on its own be sufficient? Thanks again.

You pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a".
http://www.whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html
DO NOT send them anything from the CA, that would defeat the whole purpose of the HIPAA letter program.

Make sure you follow ALL the instructions.

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL YOU GET ALL YOUR RESPONSES FROM THE FOLLOW UP DISPUTES TO THE CRAS AS YOU MAY NOT NEED TO PAY ANYONE ANYTHING

Edited by Why Chat, 27 November 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#15 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Ok got it, this one in particular is only remaining at TU so ill wait for their response before continuing.

#16 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

OK first the good news, the last remaining Medical CA on TU was deleted during resdispute! Now both EQ and TU are clean for Med CA and my TU FICO is 716!!! Just Ex left.

Now of course I stil need help. I commented earlier about a DV letter that i feared would be returned undeliverable. Per your advice I accepted "arrival at unit" as delivered and sent EX a redispute letter that listed all 3 Med CA accounts they are reporting. When i looked at the tracking number again this morning it looks like that original DV CA letter is being processed at my local sort facility on the way back here.What does that change for the handling of that account. Again from above it looks like the CA changed PO boxes so do I resend them the DV letter or take some other course of action?

Thanks as always for your help. My score is up almost 140 pts in 5 months and this is truly life changing for me.

#17 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

OK first the good news, the last remaining Medical CA on TU was deleted during resdispute! Now both EQ and TU are clean for Med CA and my TU FICO is 716!!! Just Ex left.

Now of course I stil need help. I commented earlier about a DV letter that i feared would be returned undeliverable. Per your advice I accepted "arrival at unit" as delivered and sent EX a redispute letter that listed all 3 Med CA accounts they are reporting. When i looked at the tracking number again this morning it looks like that original DV CA letter is being processed at my local sort facility on the way back here.What does that change for the handling of that account. Again from above it looks like the CA changed PO boxes so do I resend them the DV letter or take some other course of action?

Thanks as always for your help. My score is up almost 140 pts in 5 months and this is truly life changing for me.

Resend it to the correct Box # CERTIFIED ONLY. THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY:
IF YOU HAVE ONLY A PO BOX ADDRESS, DO NOT USE THE RETURN RECEIPT, SEND IT CERTIFIED ONLY AND PRINT OUT THE ON LINE PROOF OF DELIVERY FOR THE FOLLOW UP LETTER

Have you sent the follow up letter to Ex with a copy of the medical DV??
If you have not sent it as yet you can add this sentence :
I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent,( copy enclosed with proof of their undeliverable address as shown on my report ),and resent it to the correct address ( proof of receipt attached)as per your instructions in your response of xx/xx/xxxx to my dispute of xx/xx/xxxx and have had no valid response.

#18 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

IF YOU HAVE ONLY A PO BOX ADDRESS, DO NOT USE THE RETURN RECEIPT, SEND IT CERTIFIED ONLY AND PRINT OUT THE ON LINE PROOF OF DELIVERY FOR THE FOLLOW UP LETTER

I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent,( copy enclosed with proof of their undeliverable address as shown on my report ),and resent it to the correct address ( proof of receipt attached)as per your instructions in your response of xx/xx/xxxx to my dispute of xx/xx/xxxx and have had no valid response.

Ok got it known good PO Box certified only to the CA.

Since I did send EX the redispute letter already for all 3 CAs with proof of delivery/green cards I should hold off on another letter to EX?

#19 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Since I did send EX the redispute letter already for all 3 CAs with proof of delivery/green cards I should hold off on another letter to EX? Yes, wait for a response from Ex. If you have already received a response from Ex FROM YOUR RE-DISPUTE and the other 2 CRAs deleted, then you will need to file a complaint against Ex with the FTC
http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

#20 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

Since I did send EX the redispute letter already for all 3 CAs with proof of delivery/green cards I should hold off on another letter to EX? Yes, wait for a response from Ex. If you have already received a response from Ex FROM YOUR RE-DISPUTE and the other 2 CRAs deleted, then you will need to file a complaint against Ex with the FTC
http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

OK Just want to add some more detail and make sure I understand. All 3 of the remaining CAs on my EX report were deleted from one other CRA, either EQ or TU in the Prehippa/Redispute process. When Ex finally replies verifying these accounts (back door looks like they are doing just that) I should file an FTC complaint against EX (1 complaint per account?) In the meantime if any of the remaining CAs actually provide proof of a current relationship would i just continue with the OC letters or just see the FTC complaint through on the grounds that EQ/TU deleted? Thanks

#21 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

OK Just want to add some more detail and make sure I understand. All 3 of the remaining CAs on my EX report were deleted from one other CRA, either EQ or TU in the Prehippa/Redispute process. When Ex finally replies verifying these accounts (back door looks like they are doing just that) I should file an FTC complaint against EX (1 complaint per account?) One FTC complaint against Ex referring to 3 unknown medical accounts that were properly disputed and properly investigated and properly deleted by TU and Eq In the meantime if any of the remaining CAs actually provide proof of a current relationship would i just continue with the OC letters or just see the FTC complaint through on the grounds that EQ/TU deleted? Thanks

It is past the reasonable time that the reporting CAs would have to verify a current relationship with the OC. I see no reason for you to write anything to the OC as there is nothing that you could do to affect Experian by any such correspondence.

Experian is the most difficult to deal with as they don't seem to really care about following the FACTA laws.

#22 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

OK Just want to add some more detail and make sure I understand. All 3 of the remaining CAs on my EX report were deleted from one other CRA, either EQ or TU in the Prehippa/Redispute process. When Ex finally replies verifying these accounts (back door looks like they are doing just that) I should file an FTC complaint against EX (1 complaint per account?) One FTC complaint against Ex referring to 3 unknown medical accounts that were properly disputed and properly investigated and properly deleted by TU and Eq In the meantime if any of the remaining CAs actually provide proof of a current relationship would i just continue with the OC letters or just see the FTC complaint through on the grounds that EQ/TU deleted? Thanks

It is past the reasonable time that the reporting CAs would have to verify a current relationship with the OC. I see no reason for you to write anything to the OC as there is nothing that you could do to affect Experian by any such correspondence.

Experian is the most difficult to deal with as they don't seem to really care about following the FACTA laws.

I just want to make sure I have the timing right here. The initial round of prehippa letters were all received by about 10/31. Then the CA letters were received by 11/21 (except for the one that was returned undelivered) and the redispute to EX was received on 11/28. I can see via backdoor that they arent deleted but do I have to wait 45 days before filing the FTC complaint or am I still safe to do it now.

EX sure does make this difficult dont they..

#23 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,315 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

I just want to make sure I have the timing right here. The initial round of prehippa letters were all received by about 10/31. Then the CA letters were received by 11/21 (except for the one that was returned undelivered) and the redispute to EX was received on 11/28. I can see via backdoor that they arent deleted but do I have to wait 45 days before filing the FTC complaint or am I still safe to do it now.

EX sure does make this difficult dont they..

You should wait at least 30 days from Ex's receipt of the re-dispute letter to file the FTC complaint against them. The 45 days only applies to an initial dispute from a "free" report.

#24 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Got it, thanks for the clarification. Looks like EX is getting an FTC complaint for Xmas.

#25 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

Got a response from Ex on 2 of the 3 redisputes yesterday, they refused to investigate citing they were disputed and verified previously (prehippa). I'm waiting for the last one to come back before filing the FTC complaint.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.