Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

My Hippa Progress

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

I sent off the complaint courtesy letter and still no movement. They are just ignoring every letter or call i make and still 3 months later havent cashed the check. For the actual OCR hippa complaint, when is the actual violation since they never updated the CA to show paid? Is it when they signed for the insert A letter receiving payment?

#102 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 20,517 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

I sent off the complaint courtesy letter and still no movement. They are just ignoring every letter or call i make and still 3 months later havent cashed the check. For the actual OCR hippa complaint, when is the actual violation since they never updated the CA to show paid? Is it when they signed for the insert A letter receiving payment?

OK, sometimes things work and sometimes they do NOT.

Go to your bank and get a refund on the money order, say that it was apparently never received as it was not deposited.

Put a freeze on Experian

#103 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Go to your bank and get a refund on the money order, say that it was apparently never received as it was not deposited.

Put a freeze on Experian

Im applying for a mortgage in the next month or two so i dont think i can freeze yet. Good news is that EX is my lowest score so its gonna get tossed anyway. So out of curiosity is it the case that an actual violation doesnt occur until the CA updates the account and that in turn is why i am at a dead end with this one?

On a seperate note i also have the OCR complaint pending on the OC that is showing 2 paid collections via the CA. That was received by the OCR about a month ago, what is the typical response time from the OCR.

Thanks again for all your hard work here.

#104 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 20,517 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Put a freeze on Experian

Im applying for a mortgage in the next month or two so i dont think i can freeze yet. Good news is that EX is my lowest score so its gonna get tossed anyway. So out of curiosity is it the case that an actual violation doesnt occur until the CA updates the account and that in turn is why i am at a dead end with this one?

On a seperate note i also have the OCR complaint pending on the OC that is showing 2 paid collections via the CA. That was received by the OCR about a month ago, what is the typical response time from the OCR.

Thanks again for all your hard work here.

The OCR complaint is like an FTC complaint, it doesn't get any direct response. The threat is to the OC's "record" of compliance, just as with the FTC, no one actually does anything unless and until there are a statistically sufficient number of complaints.

On SOME occasions, if the OCR has received numerous complaints against an OC ( or in this case a CRA or CA) they will open up an investigation and you will get a notice.

#105 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Just wanted to post an update on my Hippa saga. I got a letter today from the OCR from my complaint back in April. They basically said they do not have the authority to investigate and if the OC did the release of my sons information to the CA it was not a violation of the privacy rule. Oh well anyway this leaves me at 2 paid collection accounts reporting to Ex only and 1 unpaid collection account on Ex.

I recently applied for a mortgage which was the whole point this exercise and got approved. Miraculously one of the accounts deleted in pre-hippa from EQ and TU now suddenly made it way EX so I'm working the process on that one. One question on the 2 now paid collections. I assume the 7 year clock started over because of the update from unpaid to paid? Any recommendation on how long to wait before trying to dispute these again? My TU and EX reports are almost100 pts higher than EX since they were deleted from there.

#106 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 20,517 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Just wanted to post an update on my Hippa saga. I got a letter today from the OCR from my complaint back in April. They basically said they do not have the authority to investigate and if the OC did the release of my sons information to the CA it was not a violation of the privacy rule. Oh well anyway this leaves me at 2 paid collection accounts reporting to Ex only and 1 unpaid collection account on Ex.

I recently applied for a mortgage which was the whole point this exercise and got approved. Miraculously one of the accounts deleted in pre-hippa from EQ and TU now suddenly made it way EX so I'm working the process on that one. One question on the 2 now paid collections. I assume the 7 year clock started over because of the update from unpaid to paid? Any recommendation on how long to wait before trying to dispute these again? My TU and EX reports are almost100 pts higher than EX since they were deleted from there.

No the 7 year obsolescence period doesn't change.

Go on line to the CRA websites and dispute those accounts that are NEAR their 7 year mark ( or at least over 6 years old) as OBSOLETE.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.