Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

My Hippa Progress

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#26 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

I noticed on my daily monitoring that there's now a fraud alert on my EX and EQ reports. It says that I asked for it to be placed (which I did not) and that it would be in place for 90 days starting 12/8. If there anything I should do about this? I know way back i disputed some inquiries (dummy) and had one placed on EQ but i wrote and called them and had it removed. Will it cause any problems in the remainder of the HIPPA/FTC Complaint process or is it ok to leave it in place?

#27 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

I noticed on my daily monitoring that there's now a fraud alert on my EX and EQ reports. It says that I asked for it to be placed (which I did not) and that it would be in place for 90 days starting 12/8. If there anything I should do about this? I know way back i disputed some inquiries (dummy) and had one placed on EQ but i wrote and called them and had it removed. Will it cause any problems in the remainder of the HIPPA/FTC Complaint process or is it ok to leave it in place?

The fraud notice is GOOD it will help you with your disputes. Leave it alone

#28 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

FTC complaint is off... back to waiting

#29 YoYo18

YoYo18
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Just wanted to take a bow to whychat for his advice. CA smacked a medical chargeoff on all 3 CRA's. Was able to make full payment to the OC via their website, followed up with a paid HIPPA letter to the OC. Recieved an apology, checked the reports today - GONE from all 3 !!
Thanks again !

#30 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

Just wanted to take a bow to whychat for his advice. CA smacked a medical chargeoff on all 3 CRA's. Was able to make full payment to the OC via their website, followed up with a paid HIPPA letter to the OC. Recieved an apology, checked the reports today - GONE from all 3 !!
Thanks again !

YoYo: couldn't agree more. Unbelievable acts of kindness by whychat and many others here every day. This guidance has got me out of a hole and I'm only a couple months away from a mortgage which was impossible before.

#31 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

I know this is putting the cart before the horse since i just sent off the FTC complaint/ letter to Ex. Say Ex doesn't respond favorably, whats next? The CAs that i sent letters to never responded and its been over 30 days for all of them as well. Just trying to be prepared for whats next. Thanks and Happy Holidays

#32 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

post holiday bump

#33 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

I know this is putting the cart before the horse since i just sent off the FTC complaint/ letter to Ex. Say Ex doesn't respond favorably, whats next? The CAs that i sent letters to never responded and its been over 30 days for all of them as well. Just trying to be prepared for whats next. Thanks and Happy Holidays

My crystal ball is out of order for a while so I can't answer your question.

Have a Happy New Year and come back to this thread when you have some facts.

#34 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Got a response from Experian on one of the accounts (the one that they are reporting with a bad address that came back undeliverable). They say that they do not need to reinvestigate pursuant to Section 611(a)(3)(A). I really getting sick of experian. Back door is showing that the other two accounts are still pending investigation.

#35 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

New Year's Bump

#36 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

I should also add that through backdoor today I see the other two are no longer under investigation with no changes at EX. Fully expect the same response that these two were previously investigated and they wont be investigating.

#37 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I should also add that through backdoor today I see the other two are no longer under investigation with no changes at EX. Fully expect the same response that these two were previously investigated and they wont be investigating.

If you are having trouble ONLY with Experian,and you have already tried the FTC complaint process.
http://www.whychat.5...paaftccomp.html

Then I suggest you give it a break for a few Months and THEN go on line to Ex and dispute the account as "Obsolete" state that the date of service was prior to Dec. 2004

#38 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

i dont see Obsolete as an option online for EX. would i dispute this by mail in a few months or do i dispute as "other" online and say its obsolete etc?

#39 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

i dont see Obsolete as an option online for EX. would i dispute this by mail in a few months or do i dispute as "other" online and say its obsolete etc?

Dispute as other and explain that it is obsolete as the date of service was prior to 11/2004.

You will need to wait 90 days since your last contact before using this method.
When you went on to the Ex website you may have inadvertantly opted back in, opt out again just to be sure. In any case you "bumped" your dispute by signing in on line now instead of waiting a few Months.

#40 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Dispute as other and explain that it is obsolete as the date of service was prior to 11/2004.

You will need to wait 90 days since your last contact before using this method.
When you went on to the Ex website you may have inadvertantly opted back in, opt out again just to be sure. In any case you "bumped" your dispute by signing in on line now instead of waiting a few Months.

I have daily monitoring with EX and just clicked dispute without submitting. Ill re-opt out just in case and pick this back up in March/April. Thanks again

#41 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Ok I thought I was on a break but I got some new info that I need help with. I received a letter from the CA that is reporting 2 of the 3 medical accounts still to Ex. The letter just simply says here are the bills you requested in your dispute, contact us blah blah blah. Attached they provided the two hospitals bills that show the line item billing. My question is does this change my strategy at all As far as waiting 3 months to dispute as obsolete? I should note that Im not opposed to paying the amounts to the OC if that is appropriate, my only motivator is that they are removed from my ex report as Im looking to apply for a mortgage in the next few months and these are my main remaining baddies. Just as a reminder TU deleted these way back during Pre-Hippa

#42 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Ok I thought I was on a break but I got some new info that I need help with. I received a letter from the CA that is reporting 2 of the 3 medical accounts still to Ex. The letter just simply says here are the bills you requested in your dispute, contact us blah blah blah. Attached they provided the two hospitals bills that show the line item billing. My question is does this change my strategy at all As far as waiting 3 months to dispute as obsolete? I should note that Im not opposed to paying the amounts to the OC if that is appropriate, my only motivator is that they are removed from my ex report as Im looking to apply for a mortgage in the next few months and these are my main remaining baddies. Just as a reminder TU deleted these way back during Pre-Hippa

These bills are how old??
Are the copies of the bills they sent you up to date?? By that I mean does it look as if they were RECENTLY received from the OC?? Do they match YOUR records??

Are these accounts ONLY on Experian??

If the date of service is less than 4 years, and if the recent communication from the CA appears to have documented a RECENT ergo CURRENT communication and relationship between the OC and the reporting CA, then pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a".
http://www.whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

#43 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

1325960481[/url]' post='4601865']

1325941101[/url]' post='4601737']

These bills are how old?? Date of service from one is from 4/2010 and the other from 1/2008.
Are the copies of the bills they sent you up to date?? By that I mean does it look as if they were RECENTLY received from the OC?? Do they match YOUR records?? It does look like these were faxed by the OC to the CA in 2011. The complete date isn't visible in the header but the year is.

Are these accounts ONLY on Experian?? Yes that is correct. TU delete Immediately on prehippa, experian hasn't budged.

If the date of service is less than 4 years, and if the recent communication from the CA appears to have documented a RECENT ergo CURRENT communication and relationship between the OC and the reporting CA, then pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a".

#44 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

1325960481[/url]' post='4601865']

1325941101[/url]' post='4601737']

These bills are how old?? Date of service from one is from 4/2010 and the other from 1/2008.
Are the copies of the bills they sent you up to date?? By that I mean does it look as if they were RECENTLY received from the OC?? Do they match YOUR records?? It does look like these were faxed by the OC to the CA in 2011. The complete date isn't visible in the header but the year is.

Are these accounts ONLY on Experian?? Yes that is correct. TU delete Immediately on prehippa, experian hasn't budged.

OK, they are not on Equifax??

The reporting CA is obviously in current communication with the OC. PAY the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a" be sure to follow ALL the directions.
http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

#45 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yea they never were reported to equifax only TU and EX originally. Last question for now on insert A. The dates of service and patient names/ account numbers are different for each account at the OC(kids). Do I list both these in that single letter to the OC and pay them the total in one cashier's check or do I need to break this into two letters/ payments.Thanks

#46 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Quick update, I sent the Payment to the OC using insert A yesterday. I got a call today from the Hippa compliance officer wanting to discuss my letter. Im a little nervous about the phone because I'm no HIPPA expert but i guess ill have to see what happens.

#47 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

Quick question, would it be inappropriate to call back the OC and leave a message that I would prefer to have all correspondence be in writing? I've just come pretty far and don't want to derail this process right at the end by saying something I shouldn't without getting an opportunity to get feedback here.

#48 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

Bump for some advice...

#49 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Bump for some advice...

If the HIPAA Compliance Officer calls you back simply thank him/her for the call and say "upon advice I am requesting that all communication be in writing"
DO NOT enter into any "discussion" on the phone. If you can record the conversation and if you are told that the call may be recorded and if they persist in trying to engage you in a verbal conversation then tell them that you too are recording the conversation. If they do NOT tell you the call may be recorded, then after telling them "upon advice I am requesting that all communication be in writing" say, "This call is being recorded"

#50 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

Bump for some advice...

If the HIPAA Compliance Officer calls you back simply thank him/her for the call and say "upon advice I am requesting that all communication be in writing"
DO NOT enter into any "discussion" on the phone. If you can record the conversation and if you are told that the call may be recorded and if they persist in trying to engage you in a verbal conversation then tell them that you too are recording the conversation. If they do NOT tell you the call may be recorded, then after telling them "upon advice I am requesting that all communication be in writing" say, "This call is being recorded"

Whychat,

I got a letter back from the OC today in response to my insert A letter. They provided account statements for both accounts showing that they have applied the payments and the accounts have been satisfied in full. They also noted a few other accounts that i will deal with separately that have not made it to collections. On the flip side however though they stated that they feel the accounts were handled properly and they will only be notifying the credit bureau that the debt is satisfied but not having it removed. Im attached the full letter below. What do I do know? the last thing i want is paid collections that hurt my score more then the unpaid were already. Thanks for all your help and I look forward to your response.

Dear Mr. sennico:

This correspondence is in response to your certified letter dated 01/08/12.

After reviewing both accounts, I have concluded that these accounts were handled appropriately. Both

accounts did reflect a small monthly payment, but not on a formal payment arrangement agreed on by

St. Luke's. We will work with our patients to make monthly payments, under our Time Payment policy.

Your accounts did follow the normal collection process.

For your information, under HIPPA there are "PERMITIED USESAND DISCLOSURES"which include

"Treatment, Payment, and Health Care Operations". Based on this we are in full compliance with HIPPA.

Unfortunately, we cannot remove this from the credit bureau due to the fact that the account was not

paid in a timely manner, but will report to the credit bureau that this debt is satisfied.

Thank you for your payment of $430.82 which has paid both accounts in full. A copy of both statements

showing no payment due is enclosed with this letter. As a reminder, you do continue to have two more

open accounts in collections for St. Luke Hospital in the amount of $80.68. Sennico son #1 for date of

service 11/08/10 for $ 65.06 and sennico son #2 for date of service 02/09/09 in the amount of $15.62.

Thank you for using St. Luke's Hospital for your medical care. If I can be of any further assistance, please

do not hesitate to contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Sincerely,

Manager, Business Office

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.