Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Rehab Question

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

I have completed my 9 rehab payments and haven't heard anything. Since I am getting garnished I was getting impatient and called the guarantor of the loan. I was told that I may have to make additional payments above and beyond the 9 payments. I made a 10th payment but dont know how much longer I can continue to pay both, as my situation has changed dramatically since rehab started. Has anyone else ran into this? What did you do? Thoughts from CB?

#2 Credithater

Credithater
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

After I made my 9th payment I didn't hear a thing either. so I called up and they didnt have much info either. Just that they were trying to sell the loan. Then right before my 10 payment was due I got a letter from my new lender with payment info.

#3 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Any other thoughts?

#4 Angleena

Angleena
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

After I made my 9th payment I didn't hear a thing either. so I called up and they didnt have much info either. Just that they were trying to sell the loan. Then right before my 10 payment was due I got a letter from my new lender with payment info.

I have been having issues as well. I have made 11 payments on time and my loan still has not rehabilitated. When I call, I am told that the Department of Education is updating their computer system and is not buying back any loans at this time. I have been told that for 2 months now and now I am being told that I am going to have to make the 12th payment. I get the run around when I call, I have spoke to both the collection agency and the Department of Education, still no answers....just feel like giving up at this point.

Then I read on this forum where someone just finished rehabilitating their loan and their loan went to the new lender during this time that I am being told that they are not buying back student loans. What gives?

Why is it some loans are going through and some are not?

#5 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

I have been having issues as well. I have made 11 payments on time and my loan still has not rehabilitated. When I call, I am told that the Department of Education is updating their computer system and is not buying back any loans at this time. I have been told that for 2 months now and now I am being told that I am going to have to make the 12th payment. I get the run around when I call, I have spoke to both the collection agency and the Department of Education, still no answers....just feel like giving up at this point.

Then I read on this forum where someone just finished rehabilitating their loan and their loan went to the new lender during this time that I am being told that they are not buying back student loans. What gives?

Your post sounds like my situation exactly. Just sub in my number of payments for yours. At this point, I do feel like giving up. It's bad that I can't realistically know when I will be able to rehab. I was very excited to rehab but now I wonder if it was all a waste of time and money.

#6 Angleena

Angleena
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

Your post sounds like my situation exactly. Just sub in my number of payments for yours. At this point, I do feel like giving up. It's bad that I can't realistically know when I will be able to rehab. I was very excited to rehab but now I wonder if it was all a waste of time and money.

I am at my wits end with it all. I actually had someone from the Department of Education hang up on to me today after I waited for 10 minutes to even get my call answered. I find it very odd that I am reading about some people who were successful with rehab and had their loans taken out of default in October 2011, yet in October 2011, I was told that they were still updating the computer system and not buying ANY loans back right now.

I am disabled and I do qualify for a forbearance, unfortunately I cannot apply for that until my rehabilitation is finished and they are aware of this...I believe that is the real hold up here.

The only reason my loan went into default to begin with is when I applied for my last forbearance, I ended up sending the paperwork in 8 times and each time they told me they did not receive it. The last time I not only mailed it in, I faxed it over. Again, they claimed they never received it so my loan went into default.

My husband seems to think they are trying to put off the rehabilitation through December so they can claim the defaulted loan as a loss and also for government statistics. I'm beginning to think that he is correct about it.

I asked the Department of Education for the name of a person that I could write to get some real answers. They gave me the general address to the DOE. I asked for a name of the person that I would address the letter to and they had no idea. No department, no management person, no person in charge. It was crazy.

I have searched the internet to see if any other people are having this same problem and so far you are the only one that I have come across. I get the feeling that there are just a select few that are having this problem. Wonder what it is that our loans have in common that make them not want to complete the rehabilitation program. I realize that I am a high risk to a lender but that sure shouldn't keep me from having the rights that were promised to me.

It just irritates me, I have kept my end of the promise and they have not. I get two responses from them when I tell them this, "It was your fault for going into default to begin with (which it wasn't really), and "the law states that your loan will not be rehabilitated until there is a buyer". However, from the articles I have read and amendments to the law, it states that if they are unable to find a buyer for my loan, the department of education is required to buy it. What I haven't been able to find is how long they have to find a buyer for my loan. It would be nice to have that answer, because if they got a year, I sure am not going to continue with this.

#7 jaybee

jaybee
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

I was told that they were still updating the computer system and not buying ANY loans back right now.

I don't know if this helps, but they told me they have a massive backlog (millions of loans) that they had to manually update when they switched to their new computer system. I have called them probably a dozen times, and they still aren't showing my payments for October or November and the collection agency is getting upset. When I called today, they told me their system upgrade will be fully complete in 2 more weeks. I guess I have no choice but to wait it out.

#8 Angleena

Angleena
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

I was told that they were still updating the computer system and not buying ANY loans back right now.

I don't know if this helps, but they told me they have a massive backlog (millions of loans) that they had to manually update when they switched to their new computer system. I have called them probably a dozen times, and they still aren't showing my payments for October or November and the collection agency is getting upset. When I called today, they told me their system upgrade will be fully complete in 2 more weeks. I guess I have no choice but to wait it out.

That's strange because when I asked them yesterday for the expected date that the system update would be complete, their answer was that they had no idea and there is no estimated date for completion.

On the same note, my daughter has a student loan she has been paying on and she keeps getting statements that say she owes $0 for her monthly payment. She still has a balance on her loan, she is not currently in deferment and not currently in school and no one is making payments on her loan in her behalf. She has not made a payment in 6 months because her statements say she doesn't have to. Probably just setting her up to go into default.

Edited by breeze, 09 November 2011 - 07:42 AM.
deleted political comment

#9 kentuckyboy

kentuckyboy
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Same thing is happening to me. I started rehab in January and made my 9th-- and supposedly final-- payment in September. When October came around I still never received anything in the mail about my rehab being complete and the collection agency kept calling wanting a payment. I called Direct Loans and they said they are updating their system and I need to continue making payments and the system should be updated in November. Well November is here, and today I called again and was told it *might* be updated by January, and until then I need to continue making payments. WTF!?

I argued until I was blue in the face that the *agreement* was 9 on time payments it would be rehabbed. I'm now going on my 12th payment and can't even get a guarantee from Direct Loans when it will finally be rehabbed. The CSR I spoke with sounded absolutely clueless. It was very irritating. It sounds like they have no idea when the system will be updated, and until then I'm stuck making $150 monthly payments because of their incompetency. It is utter ridiculous and I am fuming mad. I held up my end of the bargain, and I expect them to hold their end.

#10 kentuckyboy

kentuckyboy
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

I just fired off this email to Direct Loans. I urge others to do the same:

To Whom It May Concern:

In January 2011 I began the rehabilitation program for my defaulted Direct Student Loan. The agreement was 9 months of on time payments, and at the end of the 9 months my loan would be rehabilitated and taken out of default status. The payment amount agreed to was $150/month.

At the end of September, a couple of weeks after my 9th and final payment was made I called Direct Loans to see when I would receive paperwork saying my loan has been rehabilitated. I was told that your system was being "updated" and my account was not transferred back yet. I was told that I need to keep making the payments until it was updated. October came, and I called back and was told the same thing. The representative I talked to assured me it would be updated by November.

Today, Nov 10th, I called yet again and was told by the representative that the systems were still not "updated" and it "might be" January but he wasn't for sure. Again, I was told I need to continue making payments. I am now going on my 12th payment and cannot get any sensible answers out of anyone at Direct Loans as to when my account will be transferred back and considered rehabilitated. The agreement made was for 9 payments-- not 12 or 13 or 14, etc. I held up my end of the deal, and my question is why is Direct Loans not holding up your end of the deal. It is not right that I should have to keep making payments when the deal was 9 payments.

To make matters worse, I cannot get any straight answers out of the representatives I have spoken to. Each time, I was told "it will be next month." Today, I was told "it could be January" but he wasn't for sure. This is completely and utterly frustrating and I believe I deserve a straightforward and satisfactory answer from Direct Loans.

Regards,

kentuckyboy

#11 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

To those waiting to hear back about their rehab, any news?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#12 Credithater

Credithater
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

This is totally unreal.................

Could you maybe just say the hell with them and just consolidate..

#13 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

The thought has crossed my mind more than once.

#14 Credithater

Credithater
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

I think I would start to consider it if I was in your situation..

#15 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

I think I would start to consider it if I was in your situation..

My concern is that the old, consolidated loans suddenly appear on my reports. Currently, they do not. I have heard that sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. So I'm a little nervous about that. The benefit to rehab would be the boost to credit score but I am questioning if it's even worth it at this point.

#16 Credithater

Credithater
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

I did the rehab because of the credit boosting.. im about to hit the 700s because of it.. when I started I was in the 400s.. the new tradelines really helped..

#17 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Well my 12th payment is coming up on Monday. I am starting to think this thing will never rehab.

#18 Scorefighter

Scorefighter
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

I have said "the hell with them" and not paid them up until this month, but i keep on hearing the advice that "the best thing to do is keep paying until it updates." I have MANY TLs waiting to come off/go away when Rehab was complete, and i fell on hard times at Month 8 when i was doing it the first time. This is paying my Guarantor, btw.

Just yesterday to try to make the 5PM outgoing mail. i mailed out a $160 check (one month payment) with a letter in THAT envelope, as well as a second printed copy of the letter i wrote to my Guarantor's "Correspondence address." I will know when my payment posts, since i watch my checking account. The timing of it it could either be November's payment inside of the "grace period" which is either 15 or 20 days, and even if it falls in the grace period it is a "timely payment," or it is December if the grace persiod is only 15 days and not 20 days and it takes longer than that. In either case, im keeping track of what the months could be. I gave up trying to contact them last year.

A lot of advice sites say to treat it like a mortgage and to keep paying. Well, they act as though they at one time DID have an AWG against me, of course it never went through and i dont believe it to be accurate but i never even had $1 AWGd. So apparently that tripped up a Consolidation app, but it is better to Rehab than to Consolidate. Now, i made this payment with the intent of paying it through. There have been one or two attempts to make 9 consecutive payments, and i had thought i made it to 9, but nothing ever happened. I successfully rehabbed a DIFFERENT loan in 2009, that one is now the Direct Loan showing $0 owed, and its on ICR not IBR, IIRC.

They are still getting my measly tax return, as they have for the past three years. $52 each year. :rolleyes:

is there a way to write a SPECIFIC letter about this to my Guarantor's Ombudsman, and we cna all do the same? The only thing they are doing so far is 1. Taking my money, 2. Not reporting my Tradeline to my credit report correctly AT ALL (One CR says KD across the board, one says OK, the other doesnt say anything) :rolleyes: and there are the underlying Sallie Mae AES/SLMC TLs that will come off once Rehab DOES happen... 3. Dragging their feet/being UNREACHABLE, and 4. Not meeting their obligations. "They have the power," it seems. In my case, they were asking me about an AWG and where i worked when i finally got through. I said "No change," i have "no phone," and she said that Rehab "Just happens" and there are no forms to fill out or anything. It is for this reason that i believe BOTH letters i wrote will get nowhere, and my payment will be processed. I hope someone knows about the grace period dates, so i can accurately record my payment as November or December, my Due Date is the 15th. How long a grace period do i have as per the Federal guidelines my State Guarantor follows?

I will pay them ALL YEAR if i have to, but i believe my info is all over the place and i wrote a letter WITH my payment as well as a letter to my Guarantor's "correspondence address" and i did so with no time to spare, going by grace periods, can someone say when the grace period is? But, yeah, all we are doing is giving them our money, and im waiting to see if there is ANYTHING stopping them from adding on a $2000-$2500 "Collections cost" .. thus wiping out the two years i DID pay. (btw, i cant go back to College until i get out of default.) :angry:

Oh, and FWIW.. I -TRIED- to dispute this with them when it first happened, and absolutely NOTHING happened. It is at that point i stopped paying. This will be my second attempt at Rehab, since it only happens when you DO make 9 out of 10 months voluntary, consecutive, and timely payment.. some are on their 14th and 18th months. :dntknw: HOWEVER, if they DID tack on another cool $2000+ "Collections costs" (I will knwo by comparing statements, it should NOT have gone up except for the small amount a month of interest,) i will give up. I will only know if that happened when i get the letter back, i got the "Your account is being referred to our attorneys" letter this summer, however i believe that too is a non-action letter, and they will have my payment "Tomorrow." What they do now.. I have no idea.

Lets figure out what to do here. Its our money, and since im the 3rd person in this "criminally overlooked" scenario, i too demand my RIGHTS! I -WOULD- like to go back to school and not just give the State my money for NOTHING, they are not MEETING THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN!!

Best way to proceed? :aggressive:

#19 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

I have said "the hell with them" and not paid them up until this month, but i keep on hearing the advice that "the best thing to do is keep paying until it updates." I have MANY TLs waiting to come off/go away when Rehab was complete, and i fell on hard times at Month 8 when i was doing it the first time. This is paying my Guarantor, btw.

Just yesterday to try to make the 5PM outgoing mail. i mailed out a $160 check (one month payment) with a letter in THAT envelope, as well as a second printed copy of the letter i wrote to my Guarantor's "Correspondence address." I will know when my payment posts, since i watch my checking account. The timing of it it could either be November's payment inside of the "grace period" which is either 15 or 20 days, and even if it falls in the grace period it is a "timely payment," or it is December if the grace persiod is only 15 days and not 20 days and it takes longer than that. In either case, im keeping track of what the months could be. I gave up trying to contact them last year.

A lot of advice sites say to treat it like a mortgage and to keep paying. Well, they act as though they at one time DID have an AWG against me, of course it never went through and i dont believe it to be accurate but i never even had $1 AWGd. So apparently that tripped up a Consolidation app, but it is better to Rehab than to Consolidate. Now, i made this payment with the intent of paying it through. There have been one or two attempts to make 9 consecutive payments, and i had thought i made it to 9, but nothing ever happened. I successfully rehabbed a DIFFERENT loan in 2009, that one is now the Direct Loan showing $0 owed, and its on ICR not IBR, IIRC.

They are still getting my measly tax return, as they have for the past three years. $52 each year. :rolleyes:

is there a way to write a SPECIFIC letter about this to my Guarantor's Ombudsman, and we cna all do the same? The only thing they are doing so far is 1. Taking my money, 2. Not reporting my Tradeline to my credit report correctly AT ALL (One CR says KD across the board, one says OK, the other doesnt say anything) :rolleyes: and there are the underlying Sallie Mae AES/SLMC TLs that will come off once Rehab DOES happen... 3. Dragging their feet/being UNREACHABLE, and 4. Not meeting their obligations. "They have the power," it seems. In my case, they were asking me about an AWG and where i worked when i finally got through. I said "No change," i have "no phone," and she said that Rehab "Just happens" and there are no forms to fill out or anything. It is for this reason that i believe BOTH letters i wrote will get nowhere, and my payment will be processed. I hope someone knows about the grace period dates, so i can accurately record my payment as November or December, my Due Date is the 15th. How long a grace period do i have as per the Federal guidelines my State Guarantor follows?

I will pay them ALL YEAR if i have to, but i believe my info is all over the place and i wrote a letter WITH my payment as well as a letter to my Guarantor's "correspondence address" and i did so with no time to spare, going by grace periods, can someone say when the grace period is? But, yeah, all we are doing is giving them our money, and im waiting to see if there is ANYTHING stopping them from adding on a $2000-$2500 "Collections cost" .. thus wiping out the two years i DID pay. (btw, i cant go back to College until i get out of default.) :angry:

Oh, and FWIW.. I -TRIED- to dispute this with them when it first happened, and absolutely NOTHING happened. It is at that point i stopped paying. This will be my second attempt at Rehab, since it only happens when you DO make 9 out of 10 months voluntary, consecutive, and timely payment.. some are on their 14th and 18th months. :dntknw: HOWEVER, if they DID tack on another cool $2000+ "Collections costs" (I will knwo by comparing statements, it should NOT have gone up except for the small amount a month of interest,) i will give up. I will only know if that happened when i get the letter back, i got the "Your account is being referred to our attorneys" letter this summer, however i believe that too is a non-action letter, and they will have my payment "Tomorrow." What they do now.. I have no idea.

Lets figure out what to do here. Its our money, and since im the 3rd person in this "criminally overlooked" scenario, i too demand my RIGHTS! I -WOULD- like to go back to school and not just give the State my money for NOTHING, they are not MEETING THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN!!

Best way to proceed? :aggressive:

I really wish I had an answer. I am going to pay my 12th payment, but after that I am not sure. I am already in AWG so it's not like they can get anything else from me. I guess I would try to consolidate should it fail to rehab after next month, although I hate to think that I have thrown away over 1700 dollars with nothing to show for it. Like someone said earlier in the thread, I just want some answers...

#20 Angleena

Angleena
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Update on my status.

Now on my 12 payment. I was told today by the collection agency that I had to make a payment for December and January as well. I spoke with the Department of Education and they said they were in the process of transferring accounts now and that it should be in December. I received a letter from the Department of Education on November 2nd that stated that my loan would be processed in November, it was not. I'm really tired of the games they are playing. I get the feeling there is a reason that they do not want the loans to come out of default in 2011, they want to push it until 2012. I just can't quite figure out that reason but I have my ideas. I've left a message on the Department of Education's fb page. My next step is to write to the U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan.

I'm so frustrated with it all. I called DOE this morning at 11:00 and first got a recording that they were closed (which they were not). I called back and was told that the loans SHOULD go through in December. I called the collection agency to make a payment. They told me I had to make it through my representative who was not currently in. I left a message for him, no return call from him so I had to call him back. When I called back they transferred me to him, he in turn transferred me back to the person I had spoken to earlier this morning. After being told by the collection agency that I had to make two more payments, I called the DOE back...this time they told me they had no record of me and that I did not have a loan with them. I repeated my name and social security number 5 times and was yelled and by the worker as she said "I have it right and you are not in our records". She hung up on me. I called back and got another worker who found my account, I complained about the woman that said I did not have an account with them and asked to be transferred to the supervisor. I was told to hold and was disconnected. It's nothing but a run around every time I have to deal with a monthly payment and I am so tired of it all. Never get straight answer from anyone at either the collection agency or the DOE.

#21 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

My update: I faxed a letter to the Ombudsman last night explaining my situation. Today I got a call from them asking for my SSN so that they could have an investigator look into the issue. The woman said that I should hear something from the investigator in a few days. So hopefully I will find out something soon. Fingers crossed.

#22 Scorefighter

Scorefighter
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Update on my status.

Now on my 12 payment. I was told today by the collection agency that I had to make a payment for December and January as well. I spoke with the Department of Education and they said they were in the process of transferring accounts now and that it should be in December. I received a letter from the Department of Education on November 2nd that stated that my loan would be processed in November, it was not. I'm really tired of the games they are playing. I get the feeling there is a reason that they do not want the loans to come out of default in 2011, they want to push it until 2012. I just can't quite figure out that reason but I have my ideas. I've left a message on the Department of Education's fb page. My next step is to write to the U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan.

I'm so frustrated with it all. I called DOE this morning at 11:00 and first got a recording that they were closed (which they were not). I called back and was told that the loans SHOULD go through in December. I called the collection agency to make a payment. They told me I had to make it through my representative who was not currently in. I left a message for him, no return call from him so I had to call him back. When I called back they transferred me to him, he in turn transferred me back to the person I had spoken to earlier this morning. After being told by the collection agency that I had to make two more payments, I called the DOE back...this time they told me they had no record of me and that I did not have a loan with them. I repeated my name and social security number 5 times and was yelled and by the worker as she said "I have it right and you are not in our records". She hung up on me. I called back and got another worker who found my account, I complained about the woman that said I did not have an account with them and asked to be transferred to the supervisor. I was told to hold and was disconnected. It's nothing but a run around every time I have to deal with a monthly payment and I am so tired of it all. Never get straight answer from anyone at either the collection agency or the DOE.

Damn...............

My update: I faxed a letter to the Ombudsman last night explaining my situation. Today I got a call from them asking for my SSN so that they could have an investigator look into the issue. The woman said that I should hear something from the investigator in a few days. So hopefully I will find out something soon. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, i -should- do the same thing: Fax to Ombudsman. Im fairly certain my letters will get toseed. Back some years ago i wrote them a letter when they first went through the procedure (which has screwed my process ever since) outlining how i was WITHIN TIMEFRAMES and was moving, etc etc.. they sent back a letter that said "Call us" and tacked on $2500. (This my Guarantor, State agency.) Now im making payments and i put a large chunk in that $2500, and im going to be VERY curious to see if they put it on again. I will continue paying, but im dealing with a MISTAKEN AWG situation (they never did AWG but a started request that they never went through on BECAUSE I STARTED PAYING appears to be messing up ANY AND ALL CONSOLIDATION ATTEMPTS, and now im PURSUING REHAB because it is BETTER THAN CONSOLIDATION. My clock starts at one, im calling it "December," Im fairly sure NOBODY WILL READ WHAT I WROTE and knowing them, ill get another "YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO PAY" letter... :rolleyes:

Fax to Ombudsman, or nothing. Depends on what that statement says. Whn i get up to the 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 month mark is when i will start raising hell.. and i predict 2013 WILL be my year of autopilot Rehab, and it will happen next Fall, and then in 2014 i may see my first Tax Return in some years because guess wh gets it and acts like it never happened :glare:

Who feels me on this. ?

#23 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

UPDATE II:

I got a call from an investigator in the Ombudsman office today, and unless you are in AWG you probably won't like what I was told. Basically, the system change over is why everything is being held up. And they are going through a test run in December, but it's only a test at this point. At this point I felt like throwing my phone into the wall. Basically, I was told to keep making payments. As the conversation was ending he asked if I was making any other payments, to which I responded NO because I am in AWG. He then said that he would remove the AWG *today* because I, at this point, fulfilled my obligation. So despite the fact that I have to keep making payments, the fact that the AWG is getting stopped is a huge win for me. If you are in a similar situation as me, I suggest contacting the Ombudsman.

#24 Scorefighter

Scorefighter
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

UPDATE II:

I got a call from an investigator in the Ombudsman office today, and unless you are in AWG you probably won't like what I was told. Basically, the system change over is why everything is being held up. And they are going through a test run in December, but it's only a test at this point. At this point I felt like throwing my phone into the wall. Basically, I was told to keep making payments. As the conversation was ending he asked if I was making any other payments, to which I responded NO because I am in AWG. He then said that he would remove the AWG *today* because I, at this point, fulfilled my obligation. So despite the fact that I have to keep making payments, the fact that the AWG is getting stopped is a huge win for me. If you are in a similar situation as me, I suggest contacting the Ombudsman.

:yahoo: I will get on it tomorrow! :) I feel i have an erroneous AWG as well as other screwed-up info. I always thought contacting Ombudsman would backfire. However, maybe a fax will accomplish wonders.

What State, btw? And what Guarantor? Mine is a State HESAA is why i ask. And my payment went through, i was thinking of making another. I dont think i have a "grace period" of 15 or 20 days as i thought, though i coulda SWORN i saw a letter that says "You have until 15 days after the due date for the payment to be credited as made on the due date before considered late." So, ive always been paying for the next month...

How did you word your letter? I really need to be brave. Im afraid of them. :ph34r:

#25 Dplymkr88

Dplymkr88
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Be brave, be calm but be forceful. Don't embellish the facts but simply present them as they are. I don't think anyone is asking for anything other than answers. However, knowing what I know now I do not think you will have any problem getting the garnishment removed if you are past your 9 payments. The thought of getting the garnishment removed was far from my goal, I wanted an honest answer as to what was going on. There's also a side of me that is very distrustful of the rehab process, so I wanted to make sure that nothing funny was going on with West Asst. Management.

I know getting the garnishment removed makes the waiting much easier to swallow. I would stress to everyone that the investigator said that they are attempting a test run in December but it's only a test so it's doubtful that anyone gets rehabbed in December. If the test run is smooth then look for January but if it's not then who knows.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.