Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

please help, sallie mae reporting weirdness...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

i've got a bunch of student loans with sallie mae...these i'm guessing are gonna be tricky because they have a what appears to be a major delinquency, then a deferment, then another major delinquency before they were consolidated into my current consolidation student loan.

180 days past due as of May 2006
150 days past due as of Feb 2007, Apr 2006
120 days past due as of Jan 2007, Mar 2006
90 days past due as of Dec 2006, Feb 2006

the weird thing about these loans is that i have a bunch of loans that were opened in '99 (my freshman year), '01 (junior year), and '02 (senior year) that are reported as positive. the negative ones are reported as being opened in 2000, which would have been fall semester of my sophomore year. AFAIK / can remember, they all should have been either deferred (which the positive ones are also marked as being deferred, which is correct), or they should all be marked negative...i'm more inclined to think it should be the former, since i know i had deferred them quite a few times (had a pretty difficult time finding a job right after graduation).

i'm not sure why (or how there can be) two separate groupings and only one year's worth of loans is reported as negative, not to mention it's not the first or last year (it's one of the two middle years). i'm also not sure how i could have deferred some of them and not all of them...

what's the best way for me to attack this?

#2 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

bump.

#3 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

anyone?

#4 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

can anyone help me out with this?

#5 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

still hoping someone...anyone...can help me out with this. bump.

#6 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Even though its kinda old, bump one more time since I never got an answer...

#7 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

Anyone?

#8 matty8199

matty8199
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

Can someone please help me with this? I posted here on the advice of the credit forum...but its been months and no replies.

#9 MDfive21

MDfive21
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

anyone who is have problems with sallie should contact their office of the consumer advocate. i have sent them letters on occasion and had good results. within a few days of receiving your letter, a rep will call for clarification of the issue. be sure to put a correct phone number in your letter and be ready for the call because they don't call back, and if you call them you probably won't be able to catch your rep at his/her desk.

Office of the Customer Advocate
Your concerns are very important to us. You will be contacted by a Customer Advocate representative within 72 business hours of the receipt of your inquiry. A response to your issue will be provided as soon as possible and often depends on the level of research required.

When submitting an inquiry, please provide your name, account number, and/or address and telephone number.

Please send your inquiry by email to advocate@
salliemae.com
or call us toll-free at (888) 545-4199.

Standard mail may be sent to:

Office of the Customer Advocate
P. O. Box 4200
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-4200

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.