Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Hotels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

What has been your experience with hotels in regard to credit cards and ID requirements?

What I have noticed is that 80% do not ask for ID. Perhaps this is because we book online with a loyalty card, but we also have not been hassled at the "mom & pops". It seems to me that since so many do not require it, they are probably doing just fine as is.

We have been to Best Western, LaQuinta, Comfort Inn and Quality Inn and 80% of the time we are not hassled. When I write to Visa to file a complaint, they send me the same letter they send as if it were any other type of business, saying they will take action.

If there were a chain we could count on to treat us with respect (no demand for ID) then they would have our loyalty.

Edited by Grizzly Bear, 04 October 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#2 thelowpriceleader

thelowpriceleader
  • Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

This is interesting. I've been of the impression hotels require ID of all patrons regardless of how they are paying...

I find I am asked about 67% of the time and there is not really any consistency between chains at hotels.

#3 Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

This is interesting. I've been of the impression hotels require ID of all patrons regardless of how they are paying...

I find I am asked about 67% of the time and there is not really any consistency between chains at hotels.

Yeah,I have been asked 4 times out of 20 hotels. When I ask why, the answer was the same every time - it was to verify that the credit card was legit.

Also, the fact that many do not require ID seems to indicate that they are not so vulnerable as the pro-ID folks would have us believe.

Edited by Grizzly Bear, 09 October 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#4 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 68,274 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

I spend >30 nights a year at hotels and always get asked for ID at check-in regardless of credit card use.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.