Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

25 yr old trying to clear up 3 medical collections...plz help!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

Is my Explanation of Benefits considered my "green card" that I can now send back to the CRA's as proof of receipt?

No, your Explanation of Benefits is the statement you get from your insurance Co. showing what they paid and what, if anything is due.

The "proof of receipt" is the "green card" ( return receipt) from your medical DV that you sent to the reporting CA, or if you sent it certified only print out the proof of delivery from the tracking #.

What you send NOW to Experian is this:
http://www.whychat.5...aa.html#DISPUTE

It doesn't make any difference WHAT the CA sent you, they did NOT verify their right to have an entry on your credit report. What they sent you was an "A.S." notice ( A$$ Saving).

#52 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

Is my Explanation of Benefits considered my "green card" that I can now send back to the CRA's as proof of receipt?

No, your Explanation of Benefits is the statement you get from your insurance Co. showing what they paid and what, if anything is due.

The "proof of receipt" is the "green card" ( return receipt) from your medical DV that you sent to the reporting CA, or if you sent it certified only print out the proof of delivery from the tracking #.

What you send NOW to Experian is this:

It doesn't make any difference WHAT the CA sent you, they did NOT verify their right to have an entry on your credit report. What they sent you was an "A.S." notice ( A$ Saving).

Ok. Gotcha.

I'll send out that letter ASAP.

Thanks Whychat

#53 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

*STATUS UPDATE*

12/18/11 Received "green card" from Equifax

Still waiting on Experian green card.

#54 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

*STATUS UPDATE*

I received both green cards back

from Experian and Equifax

I checked both credit reports

Experian states NO STATUS, CUSTOMER DISPUTE

Equifax states CUSTOMER DISPUTE

What is the next step from here?

#55 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

*STATUS UPDATE*

Wait until you receive a response from Ex and Eq

#56 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

*STATUS UPDATE*

**UPDATE**
1/4/12

Received letter from Experian

They are still verifying.

They are saying they have already investigated this information and the credit grantor has verified its accuracy.

They want me to contact the credit grantor who verified the information.

What do I do next?

#57 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

*STATUS UPDATE*

**UPDATE**
1/4/12

They are saying they have already investigated this information and the credit grantor has verified its accuracy.

What do I do next?

Did you send the medicsl DV to the reporting CA??
http://whychat.5u.co...cavalhipaa.html
Did you send the follow up dispute to the CRAs?
http://whychat.5u.co...aa.html#DISPUTE

#58 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

*STATUS UPDATE*

**UPDATE**
1/4/12

What do I do next?

Yes.

I have followed every step correctly.

I sent the medical DV to the reporting CA that is on my credit report, BUT when I received a letter back from the reporting CA on my credit report they said they are now just the new creditor and they use a CA to collect the debt.

SO.... do I have to find out who their CA is and send that letter again or does it not matter?

I also did send the follow up dispute to the CRAs.

I have received a letter from Experian saying they are verifying the information and want me to contact my OC.

Im still waiting for a letter from Equifax.

The only information I have from a CA is that over a year and a half ago (before I got involved with this forum) I received a copy of my Explanation of Benefits from the CA.
Does this mean everything is truly verified?

#59 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

*STATUS UPDATE*

**UPDATE**
1/4/12

What do I do next?

Yes.

I have followed every step correctly.

I sent the medical DV to the reporting CA that is on my credit report, BUT when I received a letter back from the reporting CA on my credit report they said they are now just the new creditor and they use a CA to collect the debt.

SO.... do I have to find out who their CA is and send that letter again or does it not matter?

I also did send the follow up dispute to the CRAs.

I have received a letter from Experian saying they are verifying the information and want me to contact my OC.

Im still waiting for a letter from Equifax.

The only information I have from a CA is that over a year and a half ago (before I got involved with this forum) I received a copy of my Explanation of Benefits from the CA.
Does this mean everything is truly verified?

#60 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

OK,
I re-read your WHOLE thread from the beginning.

As I understand it, you have opted out, didn't need to delete old addresses and sent the initial dispute letters to all 3 CRAs and only TU deleted.

Ex and Eq verified and you sent the reporting CA the medical DV?? I am a little unclear on this as somewhere along the line I think you sent the medical DV to the OC and not the REPORTING CA.

In any case, you have received letters from Eq and Ex that the accounts remain.

If they are all from the same OC ( original creditor health care provider) then you need to send the OC the HIPAA letter insert "b"( properly typed and sent CMRR)
like this:
(Your Name)
(address)
(City,State, zip)
s.s.# (social security #)
HIPAA Compliance Office
( health care provider creditor)
(address)
(date)
Dear Sir/Madam;

This letter is in reference to (account #) for services provided to (name of patient) on (date of service).

In regard to the bill on this account in the amount of ($___): Total of bills if all from same OC
This account is a billing error.
It has been paid,( proof of payment attached) You DID get the EOMBs ( explanation of medical benefits from your insurance??
OR
It was not properly transmitted in a timely manner to my insurance company.( Documentation from insurance attached)

It is not a valid bill and has been properly disputed, therefore I request complete deletion from all your agent (name of CA)'s records and archives.

Please be advised that under Federal Statutes. the Fair Credit Reporting Act, (15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq)and (name of your State)'s Consumer Credit Statutes,and subtitle D of the ARRA ,SEC. 13401. APPLICATION OF SECURITY PROVISIONS AND PENALTIES TO BUSINESS ASSOCIATES OF COVERED ENTITIES;and SEC. 13407(1) BREACH OF SECURITY.—The term ‘‘breach of security’’ means, with respect to unsecured PHR identifiable health information of an individual in a personal health record, acquisition of such information without the authorization of the individual. you may be held liable for the actions of (collection agency name). Please note that the these liabilities are under the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009. .

(a) Duty of furnishers of information to provide accurate information.
(1) Prohibition.
(A) Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors.
A person shall not furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if the person knows or consciously avoids knowing that the information is inaccurate.

In addition, the HIPAA and (name of your State)'s Medical Privacy Statutes and the penalty provisions of the ARRA section D, privacy provisions ,the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009 and the FACT Act final rules effective July 1, 2010.are in effect in this situation.
The Privacy Rules prohibits a covered entity from using or disclosing an individual's protected health information ("PHI") unless specifically authorized by the individual or otherwise allowed under the Privacy Rules.
In general, PHI encompasses substantially all "individually identifiable health information" that is transmitted or maintained in any medium. "Individually identifiable health information" includes health information that is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, employer, or health care clearinghouse, and that relates to an individual's physical or mental health or condition, including information related to an individual's care or the PAYMENT for such care.

Your furnishing of my account information to (collection agency name), is not in compliance with HIPAA,or (name of your State}'s Privacy Act, and any subsequent reporting of this account on my credit reports to (credit reporting bureaus) is a clear violation of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") since there can be no permissible business purpose in divulging protected health information to anyone on an account once there is no longer any payment due.

You are required under the FCRA and FACTA to accurately report the status of any account to the credit bureaus, and you are prohibited under the HIPAA and State privacy regulations from doing so on a PAID account, as there is no longer any permitted business purpose.

Therefore I am requesting you promptly rescind all such account information furnished to (collection agency) and require them to purge their records of all reference to this account, and that you insure that any and all reporting of this account is immediately deleted from my credit reports.

This simple procedure to request the deletion of ALL reference to this account from the records of ( collection agency name) and to require them to have this account information deleted in its entirety from my credit reports will resolve this problem completely.
Please respond, in writing within 10 days that you are processing this request.
I am reserving the right, to take appropriate legal and civil action including reporting to any applicable regulatory authorities any lack of cooperation or compliance with this request.
I hereby waive my rights under HIPAA and any State Privacy Act for the single purpose of your transmission of this request and accompanying documentation in any required report you must make to your E &O insurance carrier.
Sincerely,

signature
(Your Name)

#61 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

OK,
I re-read your WHOLE thread from the beginning.

As I understand it, you have opted out, didn't need to delete old addresses and sent the initial dispute letters to all 3 CRAs and only TU deleted.

Ex and Eq verified and you sent the reporting CA the medical DV?? I am a little unclear on this as somewhere along the line I think you sent the medical DV to the OC and not the REPORTING CA.

In any case, you have received letters from Eq and Ex that the accounts remain.

If they are all from the same OC ( original creditor health care provider) then you need to send the OC the HIPAA letter insert "b"( properly typed and sent CMRR)
like this:
(Your Name)
(address)
(City,State, zip)
s.s.# (social security #)
HIPAA Compliance Office
( health care provider creditor)
(address)
(date)
Dear Sir/Madam;

This letter is in reference to (account #) for services provided to (name of patient) on (date of service).

In regard to the bill on this account in the amount of ($___): Total of bills if all from same OC
This account is a billing error.
It has been paid,( proof of payment attached) You DID get the EOMBs ( explanation of medical benefits from your insurance??
OR
It was not properly transmitted in a timely manner to my insurance company.( Documentation from insurance attached)

It is not a valid bill and has been properly disputed, therefore I request complete deletion from all your agent (name of CA)'s records and archives.

Please be advised that under Federal Statutes. the Fair Credit Reporting Act, (15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq)and (name of your State)'s Consumer Credit Statutes,and subtitle D of the ARRA ,SEC. 13401. APPLICATION OF SECURITY PROVISIONS AND PENALTIES TO BUSINESS ASSOCIATES OF COVERED ENTITIES;and SEC. 13407(1) BREACH OF SECURITY.—The term ''breach of security'' means, with respect to unsecured PHR identifiable health information of an individual in a personal health record, acquisition of such information without the authorization of the individual. you may be held liable for the actions of (collection agency name). Please note that the these liabilities are under the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009. .

(a) Duty of furnishers of information to provide accurate information.
(1) Prohibition.
(A) Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors.
A person shall not furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if the person knows or consciously avoids knowing that the information is inaccurate.

In addition, the HIPAA and (name of your State)'s Medical Privacy Statutes and the penalty provisions of the ARRA section D, privacy provisions ,the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009 and the FACT Act final rules effective July 1, 2010.are in effect in this situation.
The Privacy Rules prohibits a covered entity from using or disclosing an individual's protected health information ("PHI") unless specifically authorized by the individual or otherwise allowed under the Privacy Rules.
In general, PHI encompasses substantially all "individually identifiable health information" that is transmitted or maintained in any medium. "Individually identifiable health information" includes health information that is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, employer, or health care clearinghouse, and that relates to an individual's physical or mental health or condition, including information related to an individual's care or the PAYMENT for such care.

Your furnishing of my account information to (collection agency name), is not in compliance with HIPAA,or (name of your State}'s Privacy Act, and any subsequent reporting of this account on my credit reports to (credit reporting bureaus) is a clear violation of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") since there can be no permissible business purpose in divulging protected health information to anyone on an account once there is no longer any payment due.

You are required under the FCRA and FACTA to accurately report the status of any account to the credit bureaus, and you are prohibited under the HIPAA and State privacy regulations from doing so on a PAID account, as there is no longer any permitted business purpose.

Therefore I am requesting you promptly rescind all such account information furnished to (collection agency) and require them to purge their records of all reference to this account, and that you insure that any and all reporting of this account is immediately deleted from my credit reports.

This simple procedure to request the deletion of ALL reference to this account from the records of ( collection agency name) and to require them to have this account information deleted in its entirety from my credit reports will resolve this problem completely.
Please respond, in writing within 10 days that you are processing this request.
I am reserving the right, to take appropriate legal and civil action including reporting to any applicable regulatory authorities any lack of cooperation or compliance with this request.
I hereby waive my rights under HIPAA and any State Privacy Act for the single purpose of your transmission of this request and accompanying documentation in any required report you must make to your E &O insurance carrier.
Sincerely,

signature
(Your Name)

First let me say THANK YOU.....

I greatly appreciate your patience and any time spent on my "case".

You truly are the kindest person I have ever met to help all of these people in need.

You should be named CNN's Hero of the Year!

In response to your reply...

I followed your steps correctly.

I sent the medical DV to the reporting CA that was stated on my Credit Report as per your instructions.
The name of that CA on my report is Square Two Financial HealthCare Funding Solutions.
NEXT TO THAT on my report it says ORIGINAL CREDITOR (and states my hospital name).

So I sent my medical DV to SQUARE TWO FINANCIAL because that is who my credit report says is the CA.

When I received letters back from Square Two Financial they were stating they were NOT the CA and wrote this.....

"We are a purchaser of charged off receivables. We do not engage in any direct collection activity. Accounts are placed for collection with third party law firms and collection agencies."

They sent me my EOMB and a copy of the collections account on my Credit Report.

Apparently the the CA they use is AFSTRA but that is NOT stated on my Credit Report.

This is why I did not know whether to RE-SEND my medical DV to AFSTRA, (apparently the CA), since Square Two Financial said we are not the CA.

Also, on each one of my 3 EOMB it states
"amount due from patient $0.00"

I do not owe them anything according to the EOMB.
Do you think there is some way my health insurance company at the time did not pay for everything and I missed the bills somehow and this is why now they are stuck on my CR?

Other than that I will follow your instructions to send that letter to the OC.

I will post my reply when I receive information from them.

Thank you many many times over Why Chat.

#62 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

You truly are the kindest person I have ever met to help all of these people in need.

I sent the medical DV to the reporting CA that was stated on my Credit Report as per your instructions.
The name of that CA on my report is Square Two Financial HealthCare Funding Solutions.
NEXT TO THAT on my report it says ORIGINAL CREDITOR (and states my hospital name).

So I sent my medical DV to SQUARE TWO FINANCIAL because that is who my credit report says is the CA.

When I received letters back from Square Two Financial they were stating they were NOT the CA and wrote this.....

"We are a purchaser of charged off receivables. We do not engage in any direct collection activity. Accounts are placed for collection with third party law firms and collection agencies."

NO NO NO!! They are blowing smoke!! If they are reporting then they ARE the CA as OC health care providers are not allowed to report directly. Additionally, you DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT AN EOMB IS!. It is NOT a billing statement from the OC or the CA, it is the EXPLANATION OF MEDICAL BENEFITS FROM YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY

Apparently the the CA they use is AFSTRA but that is NOT stated on my Credit Report.

This is why I did not know whether to RE-SEND my medical DV to AFSTRA, (apparently the CA), since Square Two Financial said we are not the CA.

Do you think there is some way my health insurance company at the time did not pay for everything and I missed the bills somehow and this is why now they are stuck on my CR?

#63 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

NO NO NO!! They are blowing smoke!! If they are reporting then they ARE the CA as OC health care providers are not allowed to report directly. Additionally, you DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT AN EOMB IS!. It is NOT a billing statement from the OC or the CA, it is the EXPLANATION OF MEDICAL BENEFITS FROM YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY

Ok. I now understand that the EOMB is from my insurance company and that CA's are always full of BS!!!

I will send that letter ASAP and post back results.

Thanks again.

#64 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

I finally received my EOMB from my actual Health Insurance Company at the time of my 3 Medical Collections.

I reviewed them, and the dates and the amounts match up to my credit report and the papers that the CA sent.

I personally believe that I do owe these amounts.

They seem to be CO-pays.

The only problem is that neither my parents nor I have any proof that these co-pays were paid.

My parents said that they do not remember paying the co-pays....hence, this further provides more evidence that the medical collections most likely DO belong to me. This is because I was under my parents health insurance at the time and if they did not pay then no one payed the OC.

So.....

If I don't have proof that I payed and if neither the OC, CA, CRA, and or ANYONE can not prove that I did or did not pay, then what do I do next?

Do I pay the OC (insert A) what I owe for all 3?

#65 bigbas101

bigbas101
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Error, please delete. Sorry

Edited by bigbas101, 21 February 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#66 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Error, please delete. Sorry

no problem

#67 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

I finally received my EOMB from my actual Health Insurance Company at the time of my 3 Medical Collections.

I reviewed them, and the dates and the amounts match up to my credit report and the papers that the CA sent.

They seem to be CO-pays.

The only problem is that neither my parents nor I have any proof that these co-pays were paid.

My parents said that they do not remember paying the co-pays....hence, this further provides more evidence that the medical collections most likely DO belong to me. This is because I was under my parents health insurance at the time and if they did not pay then no one payed the OC.

So.....

If I don't have proof that I payed and if neither the OC, CA, CRA, and or ANYONE can not prove that I did or did not pay, then what do I do next?

No, because you have no proof that the reporting CA is in current communication with the OC.

Is the CA reporting the balance owed as shown on your EOMB ( the deductible )?? Or are they showing the original amount.

What was the date of service??

Is it still reporting on ALL 3 CRA reports??

#68 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

They seem to be CO-pays.

So.....

No, because you have no proof that the reporting CA is in current communication with the OC.

Is the CA reporting the balance owed as shown on your EOMB ( the deductible )?? Or are they showing the original amount.

Ok....I think I just figured something "fishy" out.

Upon taking a hard look at the letter that the CA sent me when I wrote the letter per your instructions to them in the dispute process, it seems they just copied what was in my credit reports. It's not a formal bill or anything. Anyone could have just typed it. It states my name ss#, original creditor, original account #, account charge off date, current balance, account status..........

It looks like exactly what is in my credit report.

The only thing that the CA sent along with the letter that is of any substance is a piece of paper that states my name, address, hospital, description of what was done, patient control number,the total charges, the payer (insurance co.), and the amount due. Then says due from patient $0.00. (there is more to it than that but its not a EOMB. It says TYPE OF BILL 131.

As far as answering your questions Why Chat,

"Is the CA reporting the balance owed as shown on your EOMB ( the deductible )?? Or are they showing the original amount."

----Yes, the CA is showing the same balance amount owed as on my EOMB, but NOT under the deductible category.......
On my EOMB there are no balances under the deductible amount. They are under the YOUR COINS/COPAY AMT and SUBSCRIBER RESPONSIBILITY

.....BUT like I just stated I think the CA just copied from what info was available in my credit reports.

----When you say "or are they showing the original amount" you mean the actual full billed amount??? If you do mean that then NO they are not showing any other amount besides the same subscriber responsibility category amount on my EOMB.

"What was the date of service??"

Collection 1 - 6/21/2007
Collection 2 - 7/1/2007
Collection 3 - 6/25/2008

The dates that the CA provided do match up to the dates on my EOMB

No.

TransUnion is the ONLY CRA that deleted all 3 collections right after the first letter in the "Why Chat" dispute process

the 3 collections still remain on Equifax and Experian

#69 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

They seem to be CO-pays.

So.....

Upon taking a hard look at the letter that the CA sent me when I wrote the letter per your instructions to them in the dispute process, it seems they just copied what was in my credit reports. It's not a formal bill or anything. Anyone could have just typed it. It states my name ss#, original creditor, original account #, account charge off date, current balance, account status..........

The only thing that the CA sent along with the letter that is of any substance is a piece of paper that states my name, address, hospital, description of what was done, patient control number,the total charges, the payer (insurance co.), and the amount due. Then says due from patient $0.00. (there is more to it than that but its not a EOMB. It says TYPE OF BILL 131.

"Is the CA reporting the balance owed as shown on your EOMB ( the deductible )?? Or are they showing the original amount."

----Yes, the CA is showing the same balance amount owed as on my EOMB, but NOT under the deductible category.......
On my EOMB there are no balances under the deductible amount. They are under the YOUR COINS/COPAY AMT and SUBSCRIBER RESPONSIBILITY

.....BUT like I just stated I think the CA just copied from what info was available in my credit reports.

----When you say "or are they showing the original amount" you mean the actual full billed amount??? If you do mean that then NO they are not showing any other amount besides the same subscriber responsibility category amount on my EOMB.

Collection 1 - 6/21/2007
Collection 2 - 7/1/2007
Collection 3 - 6/25/2008

No.

TransUnion is the ONLY CRA that deleted all 3 collections right after the first letter in the "Why Chat" dispute process

OK,
You opted out, didn't need to delete old addresses because you hadn't moved, sent the initial dispute letter
http://www.whychat.5.../hipaadisp.html
to each CRA, TU deleted, Ex and Eq responded "remains".

You sent the medical DV to the CA??
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html

You sent the follow up letter to Eq & Ex ??

The letter from the CA was in response to the medical DV??

#70 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

They seem to be CO-pays.

So.....

Collection 1 - 6/21/2007
Collection 2 - 7/1/2007
Collection 3 - 6/25/2008

No.

OK,
You opted out, didn't need to delete old addresses because you hadn't moved, sent the initial dispute letter

Yes. I did that exactly.

I did everything in your process to a "T".

I feel the CRA's and CA have NO IDEA how to prove to me what I owe is what I owe.
If anything I've proved to myself that I could possibly owe the debt since I personally called and got my EOMB's and actually saw and said ...
"Oh.... so that's where these 3 medical collection balances originated from".

Do I think that these balances were paid?
No. I personally don't. But, I asked my parents, who I was a dependent upon their health insurance at the time, and they are 99% sure the collection balances were not paid; but they still do not know 100% because it was awhile ago.

Even though the amount balance for each collection and dates are consistent between the CRA's, CA, and on my EOMB, I feel that it doesn't mean anything because the CA could just pull those balances and account numbers from any of my CRA's. Right?

By the way.....what type of paperwork should I be looking for or receiving, for that matter, that is considered the "proof" that I would have payed the OC, or even......what would be proof that I did not pay!?!

I understand that I need to see some current relationship between the OC and the CA, but I am not seeing any of that. If they had a current relationship then the CRA, OC, and CA would have no problem showing me and saying "here are the bills you never paid".......am I correct?

----The OC won't give me any information because they sold the debt.
----The Health Insurance Co. at the time has no idea, even after sending me my EOMB.
----The CA sends me a junk 131 Bill or whatever it's called that doesn't even show my medical collections that I owe.

Not sure what to do from this point.....

And as always, thank you for helping me and everyone on this forum Why Chat.

Edited by Mixter, 23 February 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#71 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

They seem to be CO-pays.

So.....

Collection 1 - 6/21/2007
Collection 2 - 7/1/2007
Collection 3 - 6/25/2008

No.

OK,

Yes. I did that exactly.

I feel the CRA's and CA have NO IDEA how to prove to me what I owe is what I owe.
If anything I've proved to myself that I could possibly owe the debt since I personally called and got my EOMB's and actually saw and said ...

No. I personally don't. But, I asked my parents, who I was a dependent upon their health insurance at the time, and they are 99% sure the collection balances were not paid; but they still do not know 100% because it was awhile ago.

Even though the amount balance for each collection and dates are consistent between the CRA's, CA, and on my EOMB, I feel that it doesn't mean anything because the CA could just pull those balances and account numbers from any of my CRA's. Right?

By the way.....what type of paperwork should I be looking for or receiving, for that matter, that is considered the "proof" that I would have payed the OC, or even......what would be proof that I did not pay!?!

I understand that I need to see some current relationship between the OC and the CA, but I am not seeing any of that. If they had a current relationship then the CRA, OC, and CA would have no problem showing me and saying "here are the bills you never paid".......am I correct?

----The Health Insurance Co. at the time has no idea, even after sending me my EOMB.
----The CA sends me a junk 131 Bill or whatever it's called that doesn't even show my medical collections that I owe.

Well the simplest safest, ( and most responsible) thing to do would be to PAY the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

You are going to have to send them ONE BANK MONEY ORDER( with the endorsement clearly printed on the back) for the (3?) deductibles showing on your insurance EOMBs, you are going to have to send them copies of those EOMBs and you are going to have to name the CA who is reporting .
http://www.whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

#72 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

They seem to be CO-pays.

So.....

Collection 1 - 6/21/2007
Collection 2 - 7/1/2007
Collection 3 - 6/25/2008

No.

OK,

Yes. I did that exactly.

Well the simplest safest, ( and most responsible) thing to do would be to PAY the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

You are going to have to send them ONE BANK MONEY ORDER( with the endorsement clearly printed on the back) for the (3?) deductibles showing on your insurance EOMBs, you are going to have to send them copies of those EOMBs and you are going to have to name the CA who is reporting .

I agree that they should be paid and taken care of the responsible way.

And I will pay.

But, can you please tell me how I would know if there was a current relationship between the OC and CA?

Also, why can't anyone send some form of proof if I did not pay?

#73 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

They seem to be CO-pays.

So.....

Collection 1 - 6/21/2007
Collection 2 - 7/1/2007
Collection 3 - 6/25/2008

No.

OK,

Yes. I did that exactly.

I agree that they should be paid and taken care of the responsible way.

And I will pay.

But, can you please tell me how I would know if there was a current relationship between the OC and CA? If you received a response from the CA that included ANY medical data without asking for your signature, then you are pretty well assured they are a "business associate" of the OC and covered under the HIPAA reules

Also, why can't anyone send some form of proof if I did not pay? The system doesn't work that way, you have the EOMBs from the insurance

#74 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Good evening and hello again Whychat.

I had to put this whole process on halt but am back to continue with a very important situation that is going on and need your expertise.

At this point in your process I am supposed to write a bank check to the OC with the letter provided to pay the debt.

But here is the thing that I need your advice on........

I just bought a home and closed on it with no problems. The mortgage company I went with required that at the closing I paid the full amount of medical debt in the amount of $554.62 in order for me to qualify for their mortgage. So within the closing costs and closing papers it states that I paid the $554.62 for medical debt.

My lawyer for the closing is now supposed to cut a check in the full of $554.62 to whom I tell him to pay off the collection account.

Now here is the part I need your advice on........

Do I tell him to pay the amount to the OC as stated in your process? Or should he pay the CA?

Do you think he will properly write a "pay for delete" letter?

Even though a lawyer is taking care of the letter and check for me, I want to ensure that it gets paid properly and that I can make sure I will not be contacted in the future by a CA for payment.

I need to give him an answer ASAP so that I can get this taken care of.

Thanks again friend for you help!

#75 Mixter

Mixter
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Good evening and hello again Whychat.

I had to put this whole process on halt but am back to continue with a very important situation that is going on and need your expertise.

At this point in your process I am supposed to write a bank check to the OC with the letter provided to pay the debt.

But here is the thing that I need your advice on........

I just bought a home and closed on it with no problems. The mortgage company I went with required that at the closing I paid the full amount of medical debt in the amount of $554.62 in order for me to qualify for their mortgage. So within the closing costs and closing papers it states that I paid the $554.62 for medical debt.

My lawyer for the closing is now supposed to cut a check in the full of $554.62 to whom I tell him to pay off the collection account.

Now here is the part I need your advice on........

Do I tell him to pay the amount to the OC as stated in your process? Or should he pay the CA?

Do you think he will properly write a "pay for delete" letter?

Even though a lawyer is taking care of the letter and check for me, I want to ensure that it gets paid properly and that I can make sure I will not be contacted in the future by a CA for payment.

I need to give him an answer ASAP so that I can get this taken care of.

Thanks again friend for you help!

When I send the letter to the CRA after the OC HIPPA Letter does it have to been hand written in a different color pen on yellow pad paper or can I just type it?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.