Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

CheckSystems investigation verified as accurate, I have proof otherwise. What now?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

I sent "letter 1" from MCA's website and received the response from ChexSystems verifying the info as accurate.
It was an "Account abuse" from BofA.
I actually paid this debt off 3 weeks prior to disputing this. I did not tell them this. The report shows an amount owing. Their "investigation" shows the info as accurate, yet I have paid it and have a copy of the cashiers check with account number..
My question, do I send "Letter 2" as is, or do I include my proof of paying it off? As of today, their updated report is now completely inaccurate as it is a zero balance and it shows and amount due.
Please help advise me as to which direction to take this.
Thank you.

#2 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

I sent "letter 1" from MCA's website and received the response from ChexSystems verifying the info as accurate.
It was an "Account abuse" from BofA.
I actually paid this debt off 3 weeks prior to disputing this. I did not tell them this. The report shows an amount owing. Their "investigation" shows the info as accurate, yet I have paid it and have a copy of the cashiers check with account number..
My question, do I send "Letter 2" as is, or do I include my proof of paying it off? As of today, their updated report is now completely inaccurate as it is a zero balance and it shows and amount due.
Please help advise me as to which direction to take this.
Thank you.

Yes you could try that route and send in the proof that shows that their report is not accurate. They should remove you but there is a good chance that they will just update the record. Please keep me posted

#3 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

I would also dispute in the same letter the "account abuse" state that there is no proof that this was account abuse when it was a simple NSF that you had paid

#4 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I sent the letter today without the proof. I will save that for the bank argument if it escalates to that point.
I will update here on the progress.

#5 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

So... Tomorrow is day 15 that ChexSystems has had letter 2.
I have not received anything except the typical response letter stating they have received my communication and that it has been forwarded to the appropriate personnel for handling. It also stated that typical response is 30 days.

I am getting ready to send the no reply letter. Would this go out on day 16, or do I need to allow for mail delays on their end? Do I also send a letter to the bank, or wait for a response from Chexsystems?

I am planning on sending the no reply letter template, is there anything I should make sure is on/off it?

This letter would be CMRR, correct?

Again, This is day 14, so I could still receive the response, I just want to be ready to send out whatever I need to the moment it needs to go out.

Thanks

#6 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Oh, I wanted to mention that I did NOT include my proof of paying the balance with either letter. I still hold that card.

#7 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

I would also dispute in the same letter the "account abuse" state that there is no proof that this was account abuse when it was a simple NSF that you had paid

Okay, today is day 15 and there is no response from ChexSystems.
I am drafting the letter 3 "no response" letter.

I will CC both the MN and WA attorney general's. Do I just CC Bank of America, or a particular department/person?

Do I need to mention "account abuse" again and should I mention that this is the third letter for this issue? I assume I am actually sending this letter to all parties CC.

I would like to send this out tonight, but I can send it in the morning if need be.
Do I also send the bank letter 4 now(possibly with the CC'd no response letter), or do I wait for a response since just about everyone is getting CC'd.

Thank you MCA for all your help!

#8 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Update....

I sent a no response letter to ChexSystems. I also CC'd the OCC, My state's Attorney General, and the Attorney General for Minnesota (ChexSystems state).
I received a letter today from my attorney general stating that they have received my complaint and that they have requested a response from ChexSystems and DPPS (not sure who this is yet). They gave them 21 days to respond.

I also sent a letter to BofA's corporate HQ as well as the Branch where I opened the account informing them of the dispute and "demanded" removal of the inaccurate information.

I still have not provided my proof of payment for this account. Gonna hold on to that one. I believe their "investigations" should find that this information is inaccurate, even though it has been "verified"

#9 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Another update.

I received a letter today from ChexSystems stating that their investigation is complete. They added paid in full to the report. The letter was dated on what would have been day 15 for the response to my second dispute.
Funny thing though, the letter is dated the 4th, yet it took 10 day to get from Minnesota to Washington State. Hmmm.

I went to the bank to either get a letter from the Manager to remove the inaccurate info or I was going to close out the account and continue on the legal path.

The manager did a chexsystem search with my SSN, the record was clean.. including the inqueries. She did print off what she had, so I have that for my records now.

Everyone (see previous post) would have received my intent to sue letter after this letter was dated (I am sure the date on their letter was manipulated).

I wonder if my letters combined with the AG following up made this go away.

I will just have to wait and keep checking the mail to see if I get a new copy of my report....

#10 SparkyinCA

SparkyinCA
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Subscribing.

I am about to take on this project in California with B of A/Chexsystems also (account abuse..the account was Overdrawn and it is BS they refer to this as account abuse) , so very curious how this goes for you! I hope you are able to get the item removed from Chex!

#11 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

Sparky in CA... Would that make you an Electrician? If so, that would make me Sparky in WA..

I will definitely post my progress here.

#12 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

Another update.

I received a letter today from ChexSystems stating that their investigation is complete. They added paid in full to the report. The letter was dated on what would have been day 15 for the response to my second dispute.
Funny thing though, the letter is dated the 4th, yet it took 10 day to get from Minnesota to Washington State. Hmmm.

I went to the bank to either get a letter from the Manager to remove the inaccurate info or I was going to close out the account and continue on the legal path.

The manager did a chexsystem search with my SSN, the record was clean.. including the inqueries. She did print off what she had, so I have that for my records now.

Everyone (see previous post) would have received my intent to sue letter after this letter was dated (I am sure the date on their letter was manipulated).

I wonder if my letters combined with the AG following up made this go away.

I will just have to wait and keep checking the mail to see if I get a new copy of my report....

hmmm definitely make sure it has been removed. Sometimes they will try to add it back too. Keep all your paper work. I am shocked to be honest that you got this far with BOA... they are so so sooooooooooo difficult in these matters

#13 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

Update...

A few days after my last post, I received another letter from ChexSystems responding to my intent to sue letter that was CC'd to just about everyone. They stated that in their Oct 5th letter (yet the letter was dated the 4th, which took 10 days to get to me..), that everything has been updated and that if I have further issues, I should contact BofA myself.. They still have not provided me with proof or with the contact info of the person at BofA that did the investigation.

I have received a response from both my state and ChexSystems state Attorney General. It was nice to see that the letters are written for my and my situation and not just some generic letter.

I did go into the bank today and spent almost 2 hours there. Finally met with the branch manager and she put in an elevated claim to BofA's recovery department asking to remove this entry. She said that she should hear back within 24-48 hours and will call me with the results. She said that she will try to clear this up for me. I hope so.

I am costing their bank more money than it is worth by using up their staff's time.

I guess I just wait now. See what the bank manager comes up with. If that fails, then I wait for the response from the Attorney General(s) to see if I need to head to small claims.

#14 SparkyinCA

SparkyinCA
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

Sparky in CA... Would that make you an Electrician? If so, that would make me Sparky in WA..

I will definitely post my progress here.

Great update today, autox911s! I hope things work out. Sure is taking a long time (not your fault..you're right on it with them!). Keep up the good work!

To answer your question, I'm not an electrician :) Just a favorite pets name I once had.. Sorry for my late response. I missed your comment at the time.

#15 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Another update...

I received a call today from BofA's escalation department. They apologized for the "bank error" and said that they removed the error from ChexSystems. They said I can call ChexSystems tomorrow and request a copy of my report.

I am still waiting for a reply from the AG's. I did get a response from the OCC, they need the name of the bank to continue with their investigation, I have 30 days to respond to them or they will consider the issue closed.

Things look promising. I will call ChexSystems tomorrow to see if I can get a new "updated" report.

I will check back with any news.

#16 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

I called ChexSystems today and they verified that the Entry from BofA "Account Abuse" was removed.
They are sending me a updated report.

FYI, I was able to open a new account with BECU today! Must be a good sign.

#17 SparkyinCA

SparkyinCA
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

That's great news! Thanks for keeping us updated :)

#18 autox911s

autox911s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Today I receive my updated report from ChexSystems that is CLEAN!!!!!!! :yahoo:

I also received a letter from my states Attorney General with a ChexSystems letter attached confirming the deletion of the negative entry.

I have not heard back from the Minnesota A.G., but if I do, I am sure it will further confirm the deletion.

The OCC is waiting for a response from me to continue their investigation. Since the problem has been fixed, I will not need them to pursue the issue any further.

It appears that the letter's to the AG's and the OCC did not help in this matter, but were there in case I needed to take this matter to court.

Using MCA's letter program, keeping my paper trail organized, and working with a BofA branch manager is what worked for me.

I now have a 1" thick stack of documents to hang on to in case this issue resurfaces in the future.

I hope my experience and SUCCESS helps others in a similar situation.

#19 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

I also received a letter from my states Attorney General with a ChexSystems letter attached confirming the deletion of the negative entry.

I have not heard back from the Minnesota A.G., but if I do, I am sure it will further confirm the deletion.

The OCC is waiting for a response from me to continue their investigation. Since the problem has been fixed, I will not need them to pursue the issue any further.

It appears that the letter's to the AG's and the OCC did not help in this matter, but were there in case I needed to take this matter to court.

Using MCA's letter program, keeping my paper trail organized, and working with a BofA branch manager is what worked for me.

I now have a 1" thick stack of documents to hang on to in case this issue resurfaces in the future.

I am so happy for you!!! Determination is a great thing and you were determined. Proves that it can be done. Sadly not everyone is as lucky but thank you for sharing this and good luck!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

#20 FCRAfun

FCRAfun
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

What program! Someone please help me. I have Wells Fargo and WaMu/Chase reporting account abuse for accounts that were overdraft about 200 each. Do I pay them off and then dispute? Someone pleaseeee help! Message me!

I am so happy for you!!! Determination is a great thing and you were determined. Proves that it can be done. Sadly not everyone is as lucky but thank you for sharing this and good luck!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

#21 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Here are my sample letters for help to be removed .. although there is no guarantee for removal from chexsystems because it is a CRA, many have been removed using this process

http://www.chexsyste...ms_Removal.html

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.