Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Chase Sapphire Preferred

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 lungbrown

lungbrown
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

I just received this card and it is a bit unusual. It is a Visa Signature, has the card number on the BACK, and it appears to be made of METAL. It weighs 13g where most of my cards weigh 5g and it attracts a magnet - hoping I didn't just kill the magnetic strip. Overall, a very pretty card!

-LB

P.S. This card has a 50K point signup bonus worth $625 off airlines/hotels or 50K Continental miles

#2 BDK

BDK

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper III

• Members
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

I just got one also and was REALLY surprised when I opened the envelope and found the card is metal. Cool, Titanium!! :clapping: :yahoo:

#3 higher180

higher180

Rewards Connoisseur

• Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Congrats!!! it's an awesome looking card and an awesome card to have!

#4 BradleyB

BradleyB
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

What are the qualifications for this card?

#5 TheCaptain11

TheCaptain11
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

I had to give them my first born..yikes Posted Image

#6 BeachDweller

BeachDweller

Tuff Luv

• Members
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

That will likely be my last card in the corral.

#7 BDK

BDK

• Members
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

For me about 2 years of CB studying, reports cleaned, and EQ FICO of around 750. I'm not exactly sure what Chase is looking for, just happy they approved me.

Now, 93 days to spend 3K and collect my 50K points! :yes2:

#8 1234

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

Congrats!!!!! :good:

#9 TheBanker

TheBanker
  • Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Well, it's a Visa Signature, so good to excellent credit because of the $5,000 minimim limit. Income requirements for Visa Signatures, in most cases, are also $35,000 annually, which obviously affect some applicants.

#10 mike82fl

mike82fl
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Curious if there is a different score requirement for the CSP vs regular Sapphire, or is it just an annual fee/benefits difference? I was qualified for both and went with the lessor (PC from Freedom). They are both visa sig or world mc.

Edited by mike82fl, 24 February 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#11 mysschevous

mysschevous
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

This card is the one I get the most comments on. My husband loves to use his at the deli by his office. They call him the heavy credit card guy. lol

ETA: Another time, when using the card, the sales associate said, "Who are you? With a card like this you must be important." LOL

Edited by mysschevous, 24 February 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#12 Meltz

Meltz
  • Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

This card is the one I get the most comments on. My husband loves to use his at the deli by his office. They call him the heavy credit card guy. lol

ETA: Another time, when using the card, the sales associate said, "Who are you? With a card like this you must be important." LOL

Haha. Now I have to have it. Thanks everyone lol.

#13 BDK

BDK

• Members
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

LOL :wave:

#14 TheBanker

TheBanker
  • Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, I get compliments on mine all the time. :lol:

#15 BDK

BDK

• Members
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Humm.... I wonder if Chase would consider this an acceptable first purchase..? A vacation trip to

Sandals Royal Plantation
Ocho Rios, Jamaica

http://www.sandals.c...ion/rp-home.cfm

:D

#16 brainchasm

brainchasm

BS Detector

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Humm.... I wonder if Chase would consider this an acceptable first purchase..? A vacation trip to

Sandals Royal Plantation
Ocho Rios, Jamaica

http://www.sandals.c...ion/rp-home.cfm

:D

If you book it through them (and I recommend it; they got me a great price, and only tacked on like a $20 fee for making all the arrangements...was well worth the service IMO), I'm sure they'd love that as a first purchase!

#17 mysschevous

mysschevous
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Did you book that online or through a customer service rep? I really do need to start planning another vacation! :) I have a cruise coming up in April, but have been taking a lot of weekend trips lately with my points! haha

#18 BDK

BDK

• Members
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Did you book that online or through a customer service rep? I really do need to start planning another vacation! :) I have a cruise coming up in April, but have been taking a lot of weekend trips lately with my points! haha

I don't see any way to book online and they say to call.

Book your trip. Call 1-866-951-6592 to speak with an Ultimate Rewards travel agent.

#19 Speedracer422

Speedracer422
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

I've been a longtime lurker here, but have working on my credit for almost 5 years...from a bunch of charge offs and Student loan debt with FICOs in the mid 500's to today when I got my first "Big Boy" cardhttp://creditboards.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/grin.gif

I received a Chase Ink card for my business last year and figured I should go ahead and apply for a Chase personal card; not knowing which card to try for I applied for the Sapphire Preferred thinking that I could always call recon and ask for a "lesser" card if I was denied.
Welp, the denial letter came today, I called the Chase backdoor number...after a few questions about my current crummy personal cards, the gentleman approved me for the Sapphire Preferred w/ a $6k CL :grin: He says it will be here in 2 weeks.
I don't know what my ficos are right now, but my TU was 695 in December when I bought a new truck...

I'm pretty excited as I plan on using it to book a much needed vacation soon and rack up some points.

Thanks CreditBoards!

Speed

#20 Burgerwars

Burgerwars
  • Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I just received this card and it is a bit unusual. It is a Visa Signature, has the card number on the BACK, and it appears to be made of METAL. It weighs 13g where most of my cards weigh 5g and it attracts a magnet - hoping I didn't just kill the magnetic strip. Overall, a very pretty card!

-LB

P.S. This card has a 50K point signup bonus worth $625 off airlines/hotels or 50K Continental miles

You weigh your credit cards? I'll need to get a better scale, because the one I have in the bathroom isn't accurate enough to do grams.

I wonder if I can just convert another Chase card I have to this one, to avoid another account and inquiry. I have three already, all with limits over 5K.

#21 1234

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

I've been a longtime lurker here, but have working on my credit for almost 5 years...from a bunch of charge offs and Student loan debt with FICOs in the mid 500's to today when I got my first "Big Boy" cardhttp://creditboards.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/grin.gif

I received a Chase Ink card for my business last year and figured I should go ahead and apply for a Chase personal card; not knowing which card to try for I applied for the Sapphire Preferred thinking that I could always call recon and ask for a "lesser" card if I was denied.
Welp, the denial letter came today, I called the Chase backdoor number...after a few questions about my current crummy personal cards, the gentleman approved me for the Sapphire Preferred w/ a $6k CL :grin: He says it will be here in 2 weeks.
I don't know what my ficos are right now, but my TU was 695 in December when I bought a new truck...

I'm pretty excited as I plan on using it to book a much needed vacation soon and rack up some points.

Thanks CreditBoards!

Speed

:good: Congrats!!!

#22 momoneyg08

momoneyg08
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Love this card although it is already getting scuffed and its not even a month old :(

#23 mike82fl

mike82fl
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

You weigh your credit cards? I'll need to get a better scale, because the one I have in the bathroom isn't accurate enough to do grams.

I wonder if I can just convert another Chase card I have to this one, to avoid another account and inquiry. I have three already, all with limits over 5K.

I just did this, twice.

Had a freedom MC. Converted it to the regular Sapphire 5 months ago with no hardpull (as long as the existing card has a 5k limit or greater). Then I got bored and wanted the Preferred, so I called back in and product changed again, no hard pull either.

It is seamless, same card number, same history, same APR and limit. Only thing that changes is the 3 digit code on the back of the card and maybe the exp date.

I called a regular CSR and they checked eligibility and got it done.

No negative effects at all. The card does report differently though, as a flexible spending card, thats just part of it being visa sig or world mc NPSL.

Edited by mike82fl, 26 February 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#24 Burgerwars

Burgerwars
  • Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

I just did this, twice.

Had a freedom MC. Converted it to the regular Sapphire 5 months ago with no hardpull (as long as the existing card has a 5k limit or greater). Then I got bored and wanted the Preferred, so I called back in and product changed again, no hard pull either.

It is seamless, same card number, same history, same APR and limit. Only thing that changes is the 3 digit code on the back of the card and maybe the exp date.

I called a regular CSR and they checked eligibility and got it done.

No negative effects at all. The card does report differently though, as a flexible spending card, thats just part of it being visa sig or world mc NPSL.

Thanks. I still have to think about it, because I hate annual fees. I ended up with two Freedom cards because an affinity card I had with Chase with my alumni association was discontinued by them. I also ended up with another additional Chase card after Washington Mutual imploded. That's where the extra cards came from.

Edited by Burgerwars, 26 February 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#25 mysschevous

mysschevous
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

I don't see any way to book online and they say to call.

Book your trip. Call 1-866-951-6592 to speak with an Ultimate Rewards travel agent.

Hmm. I just log into my rewards and book my travel myself. I will try the CSR route next time for sure! :) Thanks for the info!

Edited by mysschevous, 26 February 2012 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.