Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

The Master Where Can I Get My FICO Score Mega Thread

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#76 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence <3

• Mod Squad
  • 27,614 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Can anyone help me raise my score please? i need help bad.

leonard, welcome to CB!

Feel free to post your questions in the main credit forum below and we will try to help you. :)

#77 creditkeeper

creditkeeper
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I may be a complete noob! Is there a difference between your fico score and your credit score? I get a monthly credit report and I just want to make sure there isn't something else I should be looking at as well.

#78 qwerty4

qwerty4

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper II

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

I may be a complete noob! Is there a difference between your fico score and your credit score? I get a monthly credit report and I just want to make sure there isn't something else I should be looking at as well.

Yes, FICO credit scores are the scores used by most lenders. Generic "credit scores" are worthless. You can obtain your fico scores from the sources listed in this thread.

#79 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

myfico.com: one of only TWO places to buy Trans Union and Equifax Fico scores

My Credit Plan (or somethinglike that): only place to BUY Experian Fico. 2nd Place to buy Euifax and Trans Union Ficos

PSECU Credit Union: Gives your Experian Fico for FREE every month with a checking account i believe (Must live in Pennsyvania)

Digital Credit Union: Gives you your Euifax Fico for free every month with Direct Deposit or a high minimum balance

Walmart Visa or Discover Credit Card: Free Trans Union Fico every month with card

That is it my friend

#80 Warren The Ape

Warren The Ape
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Niiice. Never noticed Walmart Discover was offering free FICOs; this is the only thing that's ever made me switch to electronic statements!

Plus it turns out my TU score (always my weakest, there's a baddy on there I haven't been able to get removed) is actually 637. Amex Credit Impure has always given me a FAKO of 603. :angry:

Edited by Warren The Ape, 19 January 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#81 OhNoYouDidn't

OhNoYouDidn't
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

So does this list mean that no one offers 5.0 (with my ragtop down lol) scores for all three bureaus?

I just signed up for TransUnion's credit watch service for all three bureaus to get my scores at all three places for 29.95 and then I saw this thread. :-/

I was thinking these were the real scores but by reading this thread they might be outdated or something made up by TU?

#82 rbrooks

rbrooks
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Never thought I'd sign up for a Walmart card. Then I see that it's free Fico.

:mellow:

I now have a Walmart card.

#83 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,168 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

It's part of their Evil Master Plan. :P

#84 kal el

kal el
  • Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

just signed up because we are going mortgage shopping soon and last time I looked at my scores they were 650ish not even two years ago and now they are 774+

only thing hurting my score is one new account from oct..

#85 patz2009

patz2009
  • Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

As a member of Visions FCU, I can say for sure that it is their policy to disclose your credit score to you every time (not just "may", they WILL) every time you apply for a loan product. They also exclusively pull Experian, so I wouldn't say this a great way to check that score since it'll cost you a hard inquiry. That said, my Experian report is packed with about 4 inquires from Visions alone.

#86 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,168 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image

#87 wdwslr85

wdwslr85
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

creditplan.org seems like a lost gem in a sea of providers. If they truly provide all 3 FICOs, that's amazing despite the lack of free trial and setup cost. Overall it ends up the same cost as I'm paying for 2 monitoring services each month anyway AND I'll get true FICOs 6 times a year from all 3 bureaus.

The interesting thing is I called EQ Complete to cancel and they told me when lenders pull EQ they don't get FICO, they get something else bla bla bla. They gave me a free month, I said fine, I'm still going to cancel later, but I made the guy's day by giving him a save. That works out perfectly anyway so I can figure out when my new car loan will report before I cancel.

Now that my reports have died down a bit and I have established some new credit, I would be content to pull once every 2 months.

#88 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Stay away from that one.

#89 wdwslr85

wdwslr85
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thanks, I did some additional reading in an attempt to make sure they are legit. There were some grammatical errors that made me a bit curious. Looks like I won't be going with them. Oh well

#90 ugghh

ugghh
  • Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

With the ScoreWatch free 10 trial it talks about 2 reports. Can you pull the 2 reports in the 10 day trial period? If you can, someone please direct me where to pull it the second time. I can not find it anywhere

#91 namely

namely
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Sorry - noobie question regarding Credit Karma (CK): why are they about 50 pts off from my real actual CA's 3 bureau scores?
I checked on the same day vs. the real CA FICO's & they are the worse FAKO out there in terms of getting it close.

Credit Sesame (CS) is almost spot on.
Quizzle (QZ) is somewhere in the middle between CS & CK - most likely due to their semi annual pulls.

CK -762 vs (actual) TU - 709
CS - 697 vs (actual) Exp - 697
QZ - 662 vs (actual) Exp - 697

#92 patz2009

patz2009
  • Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Sorry - noobie question regarding Credit Karma (CK): why are they about 50 pts off from my real actual CA's 3 bureau scores?
I checked on the same day vs. the real CA FICO's & they are the worse FAKO out there in terms of getting it close.

Credit Sesame (CS) is almost spot on.
Quizzle (QZ) is somewhere in the middle between CS & CK - most likely due to their semi annual pulls.

CK -762 vs (actual) TU - 709
CS - 697 vs (actual) Exp - 697
QZ - 662 vs (actual) Exp - 697

CK weighs different things at different levels. For instance, I know they don't like outstanding debt balances a lot more than FICO does. My current CK score stands at 686, but my Wal-Mart TU FICO comes in at 736, a full 50 points different. The only thing that caused such a large discrepancy was the outstanding balance on my student loans started reporting again, which messed up my credit reports when that started happening. 

Edited by patz2009, 22 April 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#93 aquadisiac

aquadisiac
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Is there a site to see all three for an affordable price?

#94 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,168 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

No

#95 aquadisiac

aquadisiac
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

No

dammit. i miss the good old days.

#96 Troy and Katrina

Troy and Katrina
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

We do the Equifax Family edition. $9.95 to start then $29.95 for both mom, dad, and up to 4 kids.
Is this a good one to be on?

#97 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,168 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

We do the Equifax Family edition. $9.95 to start then $29.95 for both mom, dad, and up to 4 kids.
Is this a good one to be on?

That is not a real FICO score.

#98 dbwCredit

dbwCredit
  • Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I just want to know where I can pay to get my Experian FICO score. I plan to try to get a Walmart card for Transunion tomorrow, although I am terrified to apply for cards because I don't want to take a hit on my credit at all.

Months ago (around October) when I started rebuilding my credit, I signed up for an Orchard Bank Secured card and I have that and a Capital One secured card. Orchard Bank always wants you to do Creditkeeper, so I the unsuspecting did so. As of today, my CreditKeeper scores are:

Experian - 693
Equifax - 650
TransUnion - 672

This is a lot better from last year when scores were around 575.

However, I spent a long time reading the boards on here today about the need to get real FICO scores.

The only FICO score I have is my Equifax score which is currently 656, which I pulled today.

My stupid credit union uses CreditKarma for free which put me at 632 with Transunion. I am not sure that is all too accurate, given CreditKeeper's score. Unfortunately, my credit union says they accept all scores from CreditKarma as accurate and use them when evaluating you for loans and credit. (Crazy!) Like I said I plan to apply for Walmart card to get true Transunion.

Anyway two questions (because I do not qualify for the Visions Credit Union or the Pennsylvania one:

Do you think I can get a Walmart card with scores in the mid 650s? I do not want to be denied.
Where can I buy the Experian FICO score? Is the Experian score found on www.experian.com a FICO score?

Thanks!

dbwCredit

#99 dbwCredit

dbwCredit
  • Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hi:

I just want to know if the purchased score from Equifax.com which they call your Equifax FICO score, actually your Equifax FICO score?

I mean it says Equifax FICO score but then I read on here that the only place you can really get your Equifax FICO score is myfico.com? I purchased like their scorewatch thing. It says right there in big red bold letters "FICO" soooo.. I am unsure if that is the FICO score or not.

Thanks!

dbwCredit

#100 BDK

BDK

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper III

• Members
  • 10,280 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi:

I just want to know if the purchased score from Equifax.com which they call your Equifax FICO score, actually your Equifax FICO score?

I mean it says Equifax FICO score but then I read on here that the only place you can really get your Equifax FICO score is myfico.com? I purchased like their scorewatch thing. It says right there in big red bold letters "FICO" soooo.. I am unsure if that is the FICO score or not.

Thanks!

dbwCredit

EQ SW really is a FICO.
however,
EQ Complete score is a FAKO.

You have the right product, but it isn't something you can update yourself. If something changes in your file, it *MAY* generate a new FICO score, and it would only show up in the "ALERTS" section.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.