Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Paid Medical Collections

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hello. I have many medical collections on all of my credit reports. They are all paid collections. I can't directly dispute since I'm in underwriting.

If I send the CRA letter about the HIPPA, would the CRA's think it's a dispute and list it as such on my reports?

I have tried everything to get these removed. Most of them are my husband's and I was not the insurer anyway.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Also: does anyone know if they bill was passed yet that forces the CRA's to delete paid medical collections from reports within 45 days of payment?

#2 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hello. I have many medical collections on all of my credit reports. They are all paid collections. I can't directly dispute since I'm in underwriting.

If I send the CRA letter about the HIPPA, would the CRA's think it's a dispute and list it as such on my reports?

I have tried everything to get these removed. Most of them are my husband's and I was not the insurer anyway.

Also: does anyone know if they bill was passed yet that forces the CRA's to delete paid medical collections from reports within 45 days of payment?

PS: Can I go ahead and start the HIPAA process after the mortgage is taken care of even though they are paid?

#3 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

PS: Can I go ahead and start the HIPAA process after the mortgage is taken care of even though they are paid?

I don't understand what your job description has to do with disputing.

Opt out ( both you and your husband)
http://whychat.5u.com/OPTOUTINST.HTML
Delete any old addresses, if possible

Check your reports for any discrepancies

Send each CRA this:
http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html
( follow all the directions, you need to do this from a REAL credit report, not a "3 in 1" or 1 from a credit monitoring service. You will need separate dispute letters for each of you, list ALL medical accounts, paid or not as they appear on each report )

When you have the results from following all of the above instructions, come back to THIS thread for further instructions, if needed.

#4 clambert1273

clambert1273

Exception to the Rule

• Members
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

whychat.. I believe OP is in the process of buying a home and is currently in underwriting. Guidelines now with underwriting kick out a mortgage that has ANYTHING in dispute so they are unable to begin this while purchasing.

#5 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

whychat.. I believe OP is in the process of buying a home and is currently in underwriting. Guidelines now with underwriting kick out a mortgage that has ANYTHING in dispute so they are unable to begin this while purchasing.

OK, thanks-- that got by me!!

#6 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'd really love some help from you guys if I can start the HIPAA process on paid medical collections on my credit reports. THANK YOU!!

#7 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

SORRY please moderator delete the post I posted about 10 minutes ago.

I am going to come back to this after I'm not "under contract" buying a house. I fear the cra's will see this as a dispute.

This site is great! I wish Ida found it a looong time ago.

#8 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,663 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

Actually, having this here may help someone else who sees it. :)

#9 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

Hi Again - I'm back. I closed on our house 8/21/11 which means I can dispute again. I have directly disputed with the EQ online the paid medical collections the collection agency is reporting.

Is there any reason that I should NOT dispute them with TU and EX? I have a letter together that says they are not mine (they don't have my name anywhere, my son's and my husband's) - I have attached a copy of credit report highlighting these accounts, and attached my ID and a copy of mortgage statement w/ my new address.

It has been a couple weeks and I've heard nothing back from EQ. For some reason TU and EX won't let me dispute online.

Do you think I have a chance to get rid of these by disputing? Anything else I should add to the dispute info I have ready to go?

Since they are PAID to the CA I understand that HIPAA won't work - so I'm hoping this method will get rid of at least some of them.

THANKS

#10 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hi Again - I'm back. I closed on our house 8/21/11 which means I can dispute again. I have directly disputed with the EQ online the paid medical collections the collection agency is reporting.

Is there any reason that I should NOT dispute them with TU and EX? I have a letter together that says they are not mine (they don't have my name anywhere, my son's and my husband's) - I have attached a copy of credit report highlighting these accounts, and attached my ID and a copy of mortgage statement w/ my new address.

It has been a couple weeks and I've heard nothing back from EQ. For some reason TU and EX won't let me dispute online.

Do you think I have a chance to get rid of these by disputing? Anything else I should add to the dispute info I have ready to go?

Since they are PAID to the CA I understand that HIPAA won't work - so I'm hoping this method will get rid of at least some of them.

THANKS

Congratulations on your new home!!

Disputing on line is not only a BIG waste of time, it is also counter productive to the HIPAA letter program.

Send each CRA this:

#11 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

THANKS

Disputing on line is not only a BIG waste of time, it is also counter productive to the HIPAA letter program.

Send each CRA this:

#12 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

Thanks WhyChat - I have that letter ready to go - but I didn't know if it would work since they are already paid.

I already opted out for both of us months ago.

I will work on getting the addresses deleted, then send. I understand I need to send my ID, copy of utility bill, and copies of credit reports w/ this info and attach w/ the letter. If this is the correct route, you don't have to reply bc I know you are so busy.

I sincerely appreciate how much time you spend helping people across the country with these problems! Good Karma is your BFF!

#13 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

Thanks WhyChat - I have that letter ready to go - but I didn't know if it would work since they are already paid.

I will work on getting the addresses deleted, then send. I understand I need to send my ID, copy of utility bill, and copies of credit reports w/ this info and attach w/ the letter. If this is the correct route, you don't have to reply bc I know you are so busy.

I sincerely appreciate how much time you spend helping people across the country with these problems! Good Karma is your BFF!

If the accounts are reporting as "paid" collections then the initial dispute will usually work.
If the accounts are reporting as a "balance due" then the initial dispute letter will usually work.

In either case I have follow up letters for each situation designed to get the entry off your reports.

HOWEVER, if they are reporting as "paid" collections, AND YOU PAID THE CA, then it will be much more difficult to get a deletion.

#14 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

If the accounts are reporting as "paid" collections then the initial dispute will usually work.
If the accounts are reporting as a "balance due" then the initial dispute letter will usually work.

In either case I have follow up letters for each situation designed to get the entry off your reports.

HOWEVER, if they are reporting as "paid" collections, AND YOU PAID THE CA, then it will be much more difficult to get a deletion.

#15 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hi, Whychat.

TU deleted all of the collections I disputed by sending the letter on purple paper with italic font and then I hand wrote all the account numbers in colored markers.

I haven't heard from EX.

EQ came back verified.

Yes they are paid medical collections and I paid the collection agency.

Any ideas??? (Also I'm only disputing the ones that are my husband's. EQ says that if the CA verifies it, it's verified. Period, end of story). Every time I dispute, it just updates.

Thank you in advance.

#16 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi, Whychat.

TU deleted all of the collections I disputed by sending the letter on purple paper with italic font and then I hand wrote all the account numbers in colored markers.

I haven't heard from EX.

EQ came back verified.

Yes they are paid medical collections and I paid the collection agency. Is it REPORTING as PAID??

Any ideas??? (Also I'm only disputing the ones that are my husband's. EQ says that if the CA verifies it, it's verified. Period, end of story). Every time I dispute, it just updates.

Thank you in advance.

Send this to the reporting CA IF IT IS REPORTING AS PAID
http://whychat.5u.co...hipaa.html#PAID

and send Eq the follow up letter as soon as you have proof of receipt by the CA
http://whychat.5u.co...aa.html#DISPUTE

#17 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

YES IT IS REPORTING AS PAID WITH A ZERO BALANCE.

I have to admit it scares me to death. This particular CA hates my guts and I already filed a BBB against them and they got a judgment on me, too, for these collections. Everything is paid and I have NO outstanding debt that can come bite me in the assss, but it still scares me to send this.

However, I want this stuff gone so I'm sending it. Hopefully EX will delete as TU did and I only have to deal with EQ.

Thank you SO very much for your time and help.

Edited by Midnight Ember, 05 October 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#18 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

YES IT IS REPORTING AS PAID WITH A ZERO BALANCE.

I have to admit it scares me to death. This particular CA hates my guts and I already filed a BBB against them and they got a judgment on me, too, for these collections. Everything is paid and I have NO outstanding debt that can come bite me in the assss, but it still scares me to send this.

However, I want this stuff gone so I'm sending it. Hopefully EX will delete as TU did and I only have to deal with EQ.

Thank you SO very much for your time and help.

I would just like to add that I found the statements from the CA - They state "individual account" with my husband's name. Wouldn't I be able to fax this into EQ and prove to them these really seriously ARE NOT MINE? wouldn't that be easier than DV'ing with the CA who hates me anyway?

#19 oldnbroke

oldnbroke
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

follow why chats steps to a T. They will get you what you are after. I have learned from all this is that the DV letter is the best weapon to have for a CA it is our right to have a CA validate the debt THEY say you owe. the details they give to the CRA's is garbage to shut the CRA's up when they come asking questions to a CA. The hardest step is the waiting process. It takes forever. That is what a CA wants is the time to tear you down. I know that it seems simple to just fax somthing or make a phone call to fix it, But in the matrix sytle world of CRA's and CA's the rabbit hole is so much deeper because people are making money on our credit when negitive items are reported. good bad or indifferent it doesn't matter. so follow why chat to a T and you won't be sorry.

#20 tascott

tascott
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

THANKS

Send each CRA this:

I'm not so sure its a waste of time. I disputed 27 negative items from August 2011 to September 2011, and I had 16 negative items removed from all 3.

#21 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hi, WHYCHAT - Just came to extend huge thanks to you. I read on another post here that these CA's can say there's a judgment but in reality there isn't. I just went online to my county recorder website and the only thing that came up for me was my house being recorded. THERE IS NO JUDGMENT!

This is great news on one hand, but on the other - I have been going through pure hell because of this thing, including paying 24.99% interest on a truck as that was the only way we could buy a needed vehicle.

I'll be sending in your dispute judgment letter to TU and EQ (Not on EX). (Thanks in advance for that btw). Do you think I should wait until the other disputes are closed before I start a new one?

#22 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hi, WHYCHAT - Just came to extend huge thanks to you. I read on another post here that these CA's can say there's a judgment but in reality there isn't. I just went online to my county recorder website and the only thing that came up for me was my house being recorded. THERE IS NO JUDGMENT!

This is great news on one hand, but on the other - I have been going through pure hell because of this thing, including paying 24.99% interest on a truck as that was the only way we could buy a needed vehicle.

I'll be sending in your dispute judgment letter to TU and EQ (Not on EX). (Thanks in advance for that btw). Do you think I should wait until the other disputes are closed before I start a new one?

Yes, wait until you have a response from TU and Eq, otherwise your disputes will get "merged"

http://www.whychat.5...deletejudg.html

#23 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hi Whychat. I sent the CA CMRRR the letter you listed above. Instead of getting the green card back, I got this letter. Maybe the CA beat the Post Office??

Dear_________:

"I am in receipt of your letter dated 2/23/12 alleging violation of multiple Federal Acts and demanding documentation.

Be advised that the prevailing authorities are 15 U.S.C. 1692 and 15 U.S. C 1681. (PL 104-191 does not address credit reporting issues).

Specifically 15 U.S.C. 1692 provides for verifcation and validation of debts by collectors and 15 U.S.C. 1681s-2 provides for responsibility of furnishers of information to the credit bureaus.

I would recommend you review these authorities prior to sending us your NEXT demand to remove your paid collections so as not to misconstrue their meaning or application.

Be advised that our file is well documented regarding the communications related to the paid account. I have reviewed those notes and actions and find everything to be in order.

We have received multiple notices from the credit bureau's related to your ongoing attempt to have the information erased from your reports. Be advised that it would be considered unethical and a violation of our agreement with the credit bureaus to erase paid accounts."

End of letter.

He didn't even mention HIPAA at all. I don't know where to go from here. I have GW'd this account TO DEATH and continue to get his replies that it is a violation of their agreement and he won't budge. I've talked to him on the phone. He's an old codger who won't give.

Thanks in advance.

I guess I should just wait for the RR and send the CRA letter with the RR? But they'll just forward it on to him.......again......

Edited by Midnight Ember, 29 February 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#24 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Hi Whychat. I sent the CA CMRRR the letter you listed above. Instead of getting the green card back, I got this letter. Maybe the CA beat the Post Office??

Dear_________:

"I am in receipt of your letter dated 2/23/12 alleging violation of multiple Federal Acts and demanding documentation.

Be advised that the prevailing authorities are 15 U.S.C. 1692 and 15 U.S. C 1681. (PL 104-191 does not address credit reporting issues).

Specifically 15 U.S.C. 1692 provides for verifcation and validation of debts by collectors and 15 U.S.C. 1681s-2 provides for responsibility of furnishers of information to the credit bureaus.

I would recommend you review these authorities prior to sending us your NEXT demand to remove your paid collections so as not to misconstrue their meaning or application.

Be advised that our file is well documented regarding the communications related to the paid account. I have reviewed those notes and actions and find everything to be in order.

We have received multiple notices from the credit bureau's related to your ongoing attempt to have the information erased from your reports. Be advised that it would be considered unethical and a violation of our agreement with the credit bureaus to erase paid accounts."

End of letter.

He didn't even mention HIPAA at all. I don't know where to go from here. I have GW'd this account TO DEATH and continue to get his replies that it is a violation of their agreement and he won't budge. I've talked to him on the phone. He's an old codger who won't give.

Thanks in advance.

I guess I should just wait for the RR and send the CRA letter with the RR? But they'll just forward it on to him.......again......

Go on to the judgment deletion and leave this AH alone for a while. It is VERY difficult to get a "paid" collection off reports when you have paid the reporting CA.

Edited by Why Chat, 01 March 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#25 Midnight Ember

Midnight Ember
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

The judgment was deleted. *thanks to the info I learned from you!!

I will let it rest. I'm hoping this guy retires at some point before 2016 as if he's around, this collection is around. Bummer of it all - this is the most recent baddie and the last to fall off. Oh well. I'm the one that didn't pay the bill.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.