Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Citi Forward Card...

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#1 waralpha

waralpha
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

I just applied for and was approved for a Citi Forward card for 3.5k in step 3 of 5 of the application process. While I was setting up a balance transfer, my power went out, and I did not get to complete step 4 and 5 of the application process. Should I worry about not completing the last 2 steps for balance transfer(probably not), and "other features/options"? I called Citi and said that they cannot access new accounts for 2-3 days after they are created. Just wait it out? I'm still surprised I was approved after being denied for CLI on my Diamond Preferred card with a lower limit on it.

#2 markca

markca

Bump Influence III

• Members
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

It would be best to wait a couple days then call them and explain the situation. If you tried to reapply right now, it would be another hard pull.

#3 Mike_Citi

Mike_Citi

Citibank Representative

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

waralpha, I agree with the response you got from our customer service representative via phone. Here is the phone number that will get you directly to the Citi Cards application center: 1-800-248-4226. Give it a try tomorrow (Tuesday). Also, if you use Twitter, you can reach our customer service handle @AskCiti to ask questions and get help.

We also invite you to connect with us on Facebook (@Citibank) and follow @Citibank on Twitter for news/information/special offers.

Thanks for your application for the Citi Forward Card, and for already being a customer!

Regards,

Mike Cardace, Citi

Customer Service & Advocacy

michael.cardace@citi.com

#4 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 34,061 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

waralpha, I agree with the response you got from our customer service representative via phone. Here is the phone number that will get you directly to the Citi Cards application center: 1-800-248-4226. Give it a try tomorrow (Tuesday). Also, if you use Twitter, you can reach our customer service handle @AskCiti to ask questions and get help.

We also invite you to connect with us on Facebook (@Citibank) and follow @Citibank on Twitter for news/information/special offers.

Thanks for your application for the Citi Forward Card, and for already being a customer!

Regards,

Mike Cardace, Citi

michael.cardace@citi.com

Well, this is a first for the major banks. ;)

Welcome, Mike. :D

#5 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 34,061 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

I have to say, it's refreshing when people use their real names. :)

Never catch ME doing that. :P

#6 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 34,061 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

So, Mike, about that $100k Citi took away from me...:P

#7 markca

markca

Bump Influence III

• Members
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

Regards,

Mike Cardace, Citi

michael.cardace@citi.com

Wow. That was unexpected.

Welcome!

#8 Mike_Citi

Mike_Citi

Citibank Representative

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

BobWang and markca, thanks for the warm welcome! It's good to be here, I think. :rolleyes: haha, kidding, very happy to be here!

Looking to help Citi Customers however I can.

Hope you have a great week,

Mike
Citi

#9 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,190 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Welcome, Mike. Just to let the members know, looks like you're official. :)

#10 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 34,061 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

WELL, now I'm really going to have to start brown-nosing. :P

#11 Mike_Citi

Mike_Citi

Citibank Representative

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

If you did that then you wouldn't be BobWang :)

stay in touch,

Mike, Citi

#12 VK

VK
  • Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

Hey Mike,

another welcome to CB!

you joined today, but seems like you already know the lay of the land here...have you been browsing for a while, and are you part of the department that is responsible to help Citi consumers via various online forums, etc?

VK

#13 Gjnnets

Gjnnets
  • Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

About a recon since we have you mike....

#14 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Ha! I could use a CLI. :lol:

#15 Mike_Citi

Mike_Citi

Citibank Representative

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Thx VK! We've been helping Citi Customers on Twitter for about 18 months or so. We are all part of the same team. Just looking to help as much as possible.

Mike

#16 Mike_Citi

Mike_Citi

Citibank Representative

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

breeze, by the way, thx also for the welcome.

#17 triger716

triger716
  • Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Always nice when an insider steps out of the shadows.

Welcome, Mike.

#18 wow

wow
  • Members
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

So Mike, will Citi pull a credit report other than Experian if requested during the app process?

#19 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

They always pull Transunion on me.

#20 triger716

triger716
  • Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Who wants to guess the Over/Under on how many PMs Mike is going to get today?

#21 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 34,061 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Who wants to guess the Over/Under on how many PMs Mike is going to get today?

I don't think Mike can receive PMs yet, unless breeze has promoted him from Newbie. :D

#22 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 34,061 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Mike *IS* a full member already! :D

#23 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 34,061 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Just over an hour to become a full member, that must be some kind of record. :P

#24 wow

wow
  • Members
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

They always pull Transunion on me.

Yeah, that's what I thought reading CP's but DH app'd and got an email saying they couldn't give him an answer until he unfreezes EX.

#25 waralpha

waralpha
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Regards,

Mike Cardace, Citi

michael.cardace@citi.com

Well. I definitely did not expect this. Thanks for the response, and another welcome from me. I couldn't wait and called the application center just now, and they confirmed my approval, limit and rate. I believe I have just gotten a whole new level of respect for Citi today. :good:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.