Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

MasterCard Branded Prepaid Gift Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waterlili

waterlili
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

I didn't see another forum this belongs in so I hope it gets read here.

I received a prepaid gift card. There was an expiration date on it. Next to the exp date, it says "Funds do not expire." On the back of the card, it says there will be a monthly $3.95 charge after the card expires.

Now, I forgot about it and it expired last month. So I expect the balance to be down $3.95. I go online to check the balance and it said it's cancelled. I call customer service. They say it's expired and they will not reissue. I ask how I get the rest of my money and they say I can't.

Does MasterCard regulate these gift cards as closely as they do the regular credit cards? Is there a complaint form for these?

If not, I need to file a complaint with an Attorney General. Is it best to do it with my state's AG or the AG in the state of the gift card's issuer?

I know each issuer can pretty much make up their own rules as to fees, but this one is blatantly misleading to the consumer.

#2 frank22

frank22
  • Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

I think you will be better off putting this in the Credit Forum. I think this forum is off the beaten path by design.(: Anyway you will get a better response and it fits there as well as anywhere. Good luck, I am quite sure there are strict rules about gift cards. Might as well put in the company/bank that issued it too.

#3 waterlili

waterlili
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Frank, reposting right now. :mellow:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.