Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

What Kind of Spider Is This?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 bobgodd

bobgodd
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Are you CRAZY??!! They freakin' JUMP!! Which means they could JUMP ONTO YOUR FACE AND EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!

Posted Image

#52 varay0816

varay0816
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Are you CRAZY??!! They freakin' JUMP!! Which means they could JUMP ONTO YOUR FACE AND EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!

Posted Image

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i am really dying at this spider thing...tell that m'r f'r pony up some rent or get lost...no free loading at our house!

#53 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 14,459 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

So, this spider is residing on my utility porch. It is black and there are white spots on the back. The picture is not great but I am terrified of this thing so I can't get anything better. I can't seem to find anything online that looks like it. Posted Image

is it resting in a web between you and the car or resting on the wall beyond?

That is the weird thing - there is not a web. Anywhere. He is just chilling on the window.

:huh:

Do you not own a fly swatter?

spiders are a whole lot slower than a fly or a bee.

"cowboy up" girl.

#54 jazzpetals

jazzpetals
  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

You brave girl..how the heck are your sleeping at night? If I as much as suspect there is an insect in my home, I will absolutely not be able to sleep until I know without a doubt it is squished.

#55 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

WD-40 + lighter = flame thrower = dead spider

of course...you could also burn your house down...but the spider would be dead

That seems like a reasonable risk.

This one time, I was having frozen yogurt with #1, and I saw a teeny spider on the wall next to me. And she was making fun of me, because I was eyeing that thing HARD. I tried to explain to her, you should always watch your enemy - you need to be aware of where things are at. And she laaaaughed.

And then I lost visual. That spider was no longer anywhere on the wall, the floor, the ceiling, the table, no where. I wanted to move, but she kept telling me I was ridiculous.

That mother effer was crawling ON MY LEG.

She's damn lucky I didn't amputate right there.

Shady. Maintain visual. If you lose visual, retreat.

I'm not saying it was me but...I knew this chick once who was driving her car one day with friends in the backseat when she felt something crawling on her leg. She looked down and saw a giant spider on her leg. She slowed down and jumped out of the car while it was still slightly moving - albeit slowly. :mellow:

Jumpers are the teddy bears of spiders. They don't build webs and they just jump on insects and kill them. They're kinda cute and fuzzy when compared to their evil, web building, relatives. We used to get an occasional one that looked like the one cljohnr posted. We were always real careful not to kill them. We actually become fond of them. I generally dont like spiders. But jumpers aren't like most spiders.

Lies.

You brave girl..how the heck are your sleeping at night? If I as much as suspect there is an insect in my home, I will absolutely not be able to sleep until I know without a doubt it is squished.

Luckily I have a dog that barks whenever anything alive comes within 100 feet of me. He will keep me safe.

#56 jen5276

jen5276
  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:04 AM

Yikes!! I now feel all itchy after looking at that spider!!

To OP, may I ask where you live? Just curious...I have a terrible fear of bugs and might be moving to So. California in the next few years and am slightly terrified because I heard black widows are abundant there.

Either way, I would stand at a good distance and spray the thing with Raid for spiders. At least that's what I think I would do, I might be too terrified to do anything! LOL

On second thought, after reading that it jumps, I would call an exterminator! :swoon:

Edited by jen5276, 27 June 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#57 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

To OP, may I ask where you live? Just curious...I have a terrible fear of bugs and might be moving to So. California in the next few years and am slightly terrified because I heard black widows are abundant there.

Either way, I would stand at a good distance and spray the thing with Raid for spiders. At least that's what I think I would do, I might be too terrified to do anything! LOL

I have seen so FEW bugs in SoCal, it's not a concern. Literally. I've had some teeny stupid ants when it rains excessively, but no other bugs in my home since I've been here (2 years). Coming from Florida, it's practically a utopia.

And I've definitely never seen a black widow.

#58 jen5276

jen5276
  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

I have seen so FEW bugs in SoCal, it's not a concern. Literally. I've had some teeny stupid ants when it rains excessively, but no other bugs in my home since I've been here (2 years). Coming from Florida, it's practically a utopia.

And I've definitely never seen a black widow.

Awesome to hear!! thank you!! I had heard that compared to the southern east coast, California has very few bugs. I am from NYC so we have our bug season (spring and summer), I think the humidity has a lot to do with it. I HATE BUGS!

#59 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 14,459 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

just had to come to this thread for all the squeamish folks here....

spiders take over farm ....

video available

http://www.reuters.c...E8260D620120307

#60 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

How big is it? Look like this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

AAAAWWWEEEEE!!!!! He's got shit fly eyes.... :lol:

#61 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Spiders don't like people. People have some substance on their skin that spiders will avoid at all costs. That thing feels the same way about you as you do about it.

Just leave it be.......

#62 cljohnr

cljohnr
  • Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

just had to come to this thread for all the squeamish folks here....

spiders take over farm ....

video available

http://www.reuters.c...E8260D620120307

You guys would love this story I remembered from back in college.:

http://news.google.c...&pg=1386,601652

Scott hired a plumber to run some pipes through the house. "He went up there, came back out and refused the work," Scott said. "He said he saw literally hundreds of black widow spiders and refused to do the work."

Edited by cljohnr, 08 March 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#63 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Black Widows and Brown Recluse spiders are no joke. They will eat your face.

Therefore all spiders around here join the snakes in the Dance of the Shovel.

#64 TheBanker

TheBanker
  • Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

We've got Wolf Spiders and Black Widows here, mostly. Wolf Spiders are aggressive little bastards.

A friend of mine once kicked at one, and it ran back a few feet (they're fast little bastards), and then went running straight for him at full speed. Best part was him screaming like a girl and running away. :rofl:

#65 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

We've got Wolf Spiders and Black Widows here, mostly. Wolf Spiders are aggressive little bastards.

A friend of mine once kicked at one, and it ran back a few feet (they're fast little bastards), and then went running straight for him at full speed. Best part was him screaming like a girl and running away. :rofl:

A few years ago, I had a wolf spider on the wall in my bathroom. He was right by the vanity. I was putting makeup on when I noticed him. I moved my finger up the wall towards him and he reared up. I was actually talking to him saying something like oh aren't you a little badazz. Whatcha gonna do, attack me? That little bugger jumped on me!!! He was on the front of my tshirt. While I'm not afraid of spiders-they just don't bother me?- I did scream because he startled me!! My mom, who was bed bound, was freaking out yelling my name. She thought something horrible had happened!! I normally don't kill spiders, but I squashed his little azz for startling me. :glare:

Years ago, I rented a house and I had a little wolf spider buddy. He was really cool. I put him (picked him up with a paper towel) on the kitchen counter (and yes I cleaned it afterwards lol) and leaned down so we were at eye level. I would move to the left and he would move to the left. I'd move to the right and he'd do the same. It was really cool. His name was George or Fred. Can't remember which. He always hung out on the ceiling and he really got around the house!! Extremely mobile little critter lol. One day, a friend of mine was standing in the middle of my living room and we were talking about him. She was telling me how crazy I was yada yada and then I noticed that he'd made a string and was hanging right by her head just above her shoulder. I told her this and she flipped out screaming and swatting and she killed him. :( He was cool while he lasted!! :P

#66 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

:blink:

WTF is wrong with you people?

#67 Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess
  • Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

:blink:

WTF is wrong with you people?

+10,000... Spiders are bad. In fact, DO NOT move to Hawaii. Those spiders get huge - I mean, like HUGE. My SIL herds them into a cage and puts them outside while my BIL screams like a little girl. I refuse to go and stay with them - I'll stay by the beach, thank you very much!!!

I'd post a picture, but that would just be mean....

Edited by Saturngoddess, 08 March 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#68 Sweetheart

Sweetheart
  • Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

I don't like spiders -- but I would prefer the ones who scurry along the floor/ground kind or who stay hidden away in dark corners and never come out. We lived in a very old house for years, and we commonly had black widow spiders in the corners of the windows. We didn't bother them, they didn't bother us, but they ate flies, which was great. The ones that I really hate are the ones that dive-bomb from the ceiling, like the daddy long legs. DH and I were cuddling in bed one morning, and he looked up and saw something moving on the ceiling fan. Right after he said, "what is that?" the thing (a spider) came dive-bombing down on us on a web moving 100 miles an hour!!! He just managed to get out from under the covers and clap it to death between his hands before it fell on my face. I hate those things -- they are fearless!! :aggressive:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.