Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

What Kind of Spider Is This?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 PunisherSD

PunisherSD
  • Members
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

Kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

#27 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

oh for crying out loud. Get a can of bug spray (spider spray preferably) and stand back and spray it.

Just about any bug spray will kill it if sprayed directly. (spider spray is better for residual effect)

#28 bobgodd

bobgodd
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the obvious?? Send the dog after it.

#29 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Call an exterminator if you dont want to kill it yourself. I'd have nightmares not only about THAT spider, but the millions of others that will no doubt hatch soon enough. :swoon:

#30 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

Call an exterminator if you dont want to kill it yourself. I'd have nightmares not only about THAT spider, but the millions of others that will no doubt hatch soon enough. :swoon:

Excuse me!? HATCH!? MILLIONS!?

#31 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Omg. Why, BW?!?

#32 Islandgal

Islandgal

Island Dreamer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

Holy hell... :o

The spider would be welcome to the house....because I would be no where around :o

#33 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

Many years ago I had an apartment that was actually house, and I lived on the top floor and the owners of the house, an older couple, but young in terms of physical fitness and mental capacity lived in the lower part. Anyway, one summer afternoon I was in the living room, and all of a sudden I see tons of spiders coming out of the window area of one window. I jump up freaking out and go to get something to kill them when I notice that ALL the windows of the living room and kitchen are experiencing the same thing. I kid you not. I screamed and ran down the stairs and got the couple, who were no doubt expecting a couple of spiders, but the looks on their faces when they saw what awaited them? Priceless. lol Because they weren't gigantic spiders I had enough bravery to kill the spiders at one window while they attended the others. It was like out of a horror movie. Ive never seen anything like it before or since. If they all had been daddy longlegs or the spider in this thread, I would've needed CPR. No effing joke. Ive long told dh that my version of hell is me in a room alone with a daddy long leg. :blush2:

Ok so maybe you wont have millions hatching, but my point was I would be afraid that that lovely spider had an egg sack ready to explode somewhere, hence calling the exterminator to not only kill that spider, but to also look around. I saw on a website a few months ago, a message board, a picture a guy had put up in a spider thread, and it was a black widow IIRC and the egg sack that was located above his toilet in the bathroom had hatched, and he noticed while going to the bathroom. :swoon:

#34 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

I. Would. Die.

#35 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

I want to personally thank you for the nightmares I will be experiencing tonight. I hate you. :glare:

#36 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

Well...I may actually need to abandon the house. I got some spider spray and went to brave this evil creature and...it is gone. :swoon:

I do not believe it decided to leave out of the kindness of its tiny, tiny heart. I think it is hiding out, waiting for me to fall asleep and then it is going to ATTACK.

#37 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

There was a spider on my wall by my bed for about 5 hours yesterday. Didn't move at all. It was there when I went to bed, but gone when I woke up this morning.

It's just a little spider. Besides, studies say you're really never more than 8 feet away from one at any given time. It's probably watching you right now from all 8 eyes.

#38 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

There was a spider on my wall by my bed for about 5 hours yesterday. Didn't move at all. It was there when I went to bed, but gone when I woke up this morning.

It's just a little spider. Besides, studies say you're really never more than 8 feet away from one at any given time. It's probably watching you right now from all 8 eyes.

I hate your lounge pants wearing psycho talk. Why would you tell someone this?

#39 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,546 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

So, this spider is residing on my utility porch. It is black and there are white spots on the back. The picture is not great but I am terrified of this thing so I can't get anything better. I can't seem to find anything online that looks like it. Posted Image

is it resting in a web between you and the car or resting on the wall beyond?

#40 jack1212

jack1212

Dispute Influence

• Members
  • 13,119 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image

#41 deluxmary2000

deluxmary2000
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:52 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

I hate your lounge pants wearing psycho talk. Why would you tell someone this?

:rofl: :rofl:

#43 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

So, this spider is residing on my utility porch. It is black and there are white spots on the back. The picture is not great but I am terrified of this thing so I can't get anything better. I can't seem to find anything online that looks like it. Posted Image

That is the weird thing - there is not a web. Anywhere. He is just chilling on the window.

#44 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

WD-40 + lighter = flame thrower = dead spider

of course...you could also burn your house down...but the spider would be dead

#45 cljohnr

cljohnr
  • Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

That is the weird thing - there is not a web. Anywhere. He is just chilling on the window.

That was the reason I asked about the size yesterday. There's no sense of scale in that picture. The thing looks massive in the picture, but if it's the jumping spider we suspect it's actually pretty small.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

WD-40 + lighter = flame thrower = dead spider

of course...you could also burn your house down...but the spider would be dead

That seems like a reasonable risk.

This one time, I was having frozen yogurt with #1, and I saw a teeny spider on the wall next to me. And she was making fun of me, because I was eyeing that thing HARD. I tried to explain to her, you should always watch your enemy - you need to be aware of where things are at. And she laaaaughed.

And then I lost visual. That spider was no longer anywhere on the wall, the floor, the ceiling, the table, no where. I wanted to move, but she kept telling me I was ridiculous.

That mother effer was crawling ON MY LEG.

She's damn lucky I didn't amputate right there.

Shady. Maintain visual. If you lose visual, retreat.

#47 crod07

crod07
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

And then I lost visual. That spider was no longer anywhere on the wall, the floor, the ceiling, the table, no where. I wanted to move, but she kept telling me I was ridiculous.

That mother effer was crawling ON MY LEG.

She's damn lucky I didn't amputate right there.

Shady. Maintain visual. If you lose visual, retreat.

:rofl:

#48 nevermore

nevermore
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

Jumpers are the teddy bears of spiders. They don't build webs and they just jump on insects and kill them. They're kinda cute and fuzzy when compared to their evil, web building, relatives. We used to get an occasional one that looked like the one cljohnr posted. We were always real careful not to kill them. We actually become fond of them. I generally dont like spiders. But jumpers aren't like most spiders.

#49 deluxmary2000

deluxmary2000
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

Jumpers are the teddy bears of spiders. They don't build webs and they just jump on insects and kill them. They're kinda cute and fuzzy when compared to their evil, web building, relatives. We used to get an occasional one that looked like the one cljohnr posted. We were always real careful not to kill them. We actually become fond of them. I generally dont like spiders. But jumpers aren't like most spiders.

Are you CRAZY??!! They freakin' JUMP!! Which means they could JUMP ONTO YOUR FACE AND EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!

#50 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

I've had some massive spiders get inside before. And I agree with giraffy. Keep a visual ad/or retreat!!

The other night was hilarious. My mom came over to drop something off, and it is dark out. I go to meet her at the car ad she gets out and calmly walks over to me, chit chatting.

I mentioned I was surprised she got out of the car and she asked me why. I said, "Because I told you several days ago there was a snake in the yard." (mind you I was nice and didn't remind her of the size of the vile thing). She suddenly turns around and practically runs to her car while eyeing the ground. :rofl: apparently she had forgotten my comment.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.