Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Mvelopes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cn12096

cn12096
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

I'm looking for something that is very easy to use (I do not know excel) and with little to no cost - I want to be able to plug in income and have it show me what the recommended amounts are for home, auto, groceries etc. Any recommendations?

#2 Jeremy09

Jeremy09
  • CB JAIL
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

What do you mean by "recommended amounts" - I'm a bit confused on that.

You mean percentage of gross and/or net income? Or actual dollar amounts? There is no "set in stone" way of doing things. For instance, some people spend a bit more on their car payments because they enjoy having a nice car. Some people are "house-poor" or "apartment-poor" because they want to live in downtown NYC or have a huge house. Other people are "toy-poor" and spend tons of money on pools, four wheelers, dirt bikes, boats, jet skis, etc etc.

What, exactly, are you looking for? I think we just need a little bit more information before we can accurately answer your question.

#3 jnesbitt82

jnesbitt82
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

You could definitely use Excel to build such a program. It would take time as all of the columns would have to be set up and the proper calculations inserted in order to get the correct amount. An example would be, Block A1=total amount of income, Block A2=percentage of income for mortgage, Block A3=percentage of income for utilities, etc. A stated above, everything would be based off of your families needs and wants. How much are you willing to dedicate to each category? All of the calculations are already preprogrammed into Excel and can be found in the Formulas tab. Or if you are unsure what calculation you need, you could describe what function you want to do in a Google search and and then manually type in the formula. Hope this info helps!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.